Notifications
Clear all

How To Heal Wound That Doesn' T Heal!

MemberMember
(@makogt)

Posted : 11/09/2013 4:50 pm

To everyone who has picked at acne I feel for you,I wanted to share my experience with adult acne,I'm 57 and have had acne most of my life,neck,chin,forehead you name it.Recently I caused a large bump on my forehead to grow into an ugly wound that would not heal,like many posts I have read with the tiny white bumps inside the wound and would scab up only to ooze and the scab would come off again in the shower and start all over again! I want to tell you how to heal the wound once and for all and get your life back.

First of all check out International Drug Mart to find the presciptions I will mention going further,they are cheap and require no doctors presciption,Step 1: Buy Bactroban ointment and Cephalexin antibiotic

Step 2: Apply the Bactroban ointment over the entire affected area and cover with non stick telfa pad and use cloth tape to hold it in place,change bandage and reapply ointment 3x a day,do not wash in between changes and do not let the wound air out or dry when changing the bandage.

Step 3: Take Cephalexin 4x day,for 2 to 3 weeks or until it is almost healed,it is designed to kill bacteria in skin infections along with Bactroban as a topical antibiotic.

Step 4: Once the wound looks like a raised scar and is not oozing anymore,test it by showering and letting it air dry,if your convinced it is starting to scar over the go to step 6 otherwise stay with the regiment of changing bandages 3x day,if your skin is badly damaged it can take up to 3 weeks changing bandages 3x day,believe me I know.

Step 5: Now you have an ugly raised scar,shower normally but gently wash face withy Cetaphil foaming face wash (Walgreens),blot dry and let air dry completly,if it drains a little after the shower blot lightly a couple of times with rubbing alcohol to speed up the drying process.

Step 6: Once dry apply a light layer of 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Treatment (Walmart generic brand is excellent $3) 2x day,do not pick at the drying scabs as your raised scars will start drying immediately once your start step 6,keep taking Cephalexin until it starts to heal the raised scars and drys up your skin enough to start flaking off layers naturally.

I have been to the E-Room and a Dermotoligists,I know this will work,my infection was in the T-Zone and the size of 2 nickles side by side,very large,this method healed the wound and dried up the raised scars.

Step 7: Once a hard scar is formed try Silicone Scar Sheets,I have heard good things about them and I have had no luck with scar ointments to date,at this point its what works best for you ointments sheets or Dermotoligist treatment or Plastic surgeon treatment depending on the severity of the scar,I'm hoping the silicone sheets work for me.

I hope this helps anyone struggling with a wound that won't heal,the antibiotics are fairly cheap as is the Bactroban at International Drug Mart,the silicone sheets are pricy but Demotoligist recommend them and they never used to be available over the counter before so worth a try,remember to hang in there,it really helps keeping the wound moist and covered to speed up the healing process and keeps you from wanting to pick at it,change the bandage quick and get outta the bathroom,avoid looking at it in the mirror as this causes more stress and makes it worse,good luck and you will get better following these steps,be healthy my friend.