Notifications
Clear all

Cyst/ingrown Hair Aftermath Problem?

MemberMember
(@jjasd33)

Posted : 11/06/2013 6:13 pm

So i started accutane 80 mg a day back in september and in the beginning of october, i felt a pimple coming in on the bottom of my sideburn (where sideburn meets jawline). It hurt and felt tender, and i stupidly tried to pop it.

It eventually swelled over the next few days and scabbed over. When I picked the scab off (sorry for being nasty) the usual pimple stuff came out, but i also found a hair in there, which made me wonder if it was an ingrown hair. It then scabbed over again, but this time there was no bump.

Now it is a month later and the spot where the scab fell off does not really have hair on it and is pretty smooth to the touch. I am scared to death that i will never grow hair in that spot again. Is it possible to damage hair follicles through cysts/ingrown hairs? I am terrified of having a small bald spot where my sideburn is. If this is possible, is there any way to regrow that hair?

I am just finished 2 months of accutane and i have had off an on progress, still breaking out which im trying to be patient about, but am also pissed because i read everywhere how people get over their IB by the beginning of month 2 and are clear when they finish month 2.

Whats also pissing me off is i have another cyst/ingrown hair (who the hell knows) right next to where the old one was, but i guess il just hope this goes away on its own?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 11/06/2013 8:40 pm

Shhhhhh... breath a little bit. The stress of waiting is bugging your skin out. Im done accutane today (like literally today no joke). i did about 7 months and my big breakouts stopped around 4 or 5 and after i got an occasional spot. And i also stopped wearing makeup because i think i breakout from that too because my skin is super sensitive. Anywho, about the hair issue or whatever- you need to let that part of your skin fully heal before it goes back to normal so it may take a couple months. And Do not pick your skin on the medicine- you will be worried over the scars in the end. Wash your face with a simple fragrance free cleanser like Cerave Hydrating cleanser, do not touch your face, change your pillowcase everynight, dont eat processed foods, chips, fried, saucy stuff. :) Goodluck!

MemberMember
(@jjasd33)

Posted : 11/06/2013 9:33 pm

damn, just had burger king today...haha ok yeah i know i overreact, im just tired of it, especially since its only my one side of the face that breaks out