Notifications
Clear all

Red Blotchy Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@primedcougar)

Posted : 10/31/2013 5:17 pm

so i have super super oily skin in my t zone and it is also red and blotchy. i used epiduo for a while and it just made my skin more red. i deal with acne all over my forehead and cystic pimples on my chin i have already cut out all dairy and processed foods. i drink green tea every night. i wash my face morning and night with cetaphil and i mousturize with cetaphil as well. by the time that it is 12 my face is already wet with oil. please help with anything that will reduce the oilyness blotchyness and acne. i have been trying for years. i am 15 years old. maybe some kind of pill will work?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/31/2013 9:57 pm

so i have super super oily skin in my t zone and it is also red and blotchy. i used epiduo for a while and it just made my skin more red. i deal with acne all over my forehead and cystic pimples on my chin i have already cut out all dairy and processed foods. i drink green tea every night. i wash my face morning and night with cetaphil and i mousturize with cetaphil as well. by the time that it is 12 my face is already wet with oil. please help with anything that will reduce the oilyness blotchyness and acne. i have been trying for years. i am 15 years old. maybe some kind of pill will work?

If you're female, a "good" birth control for acne (such as Yasmin, Yaz, Diane-35, or Ortho Cyclen) will change your hormones so that your hormones stop stimulating oil production constantly. You can also ask for spironolactone, which is anti-androgen, but it is harder to get prescribed for acne. Both of these options will also stop the pimples.

If you're male, you can use saw palmetto extract and stinging nettle extract if you want to go natural. They are basically male-safe versions of spironolactone. Other than that, your only real option is Accutane. Accutane temporarily decreases testosterone and temporarily shrinks your sebaceous glands.