Notifications
Clear all

Differin And Cysts

MemberMember
(@aj68)

Posted : 10/06/2013 9:57 am

I've been dealing with different types of acne for about 5-6 years now, I'm 23 and I deal with mostly cystic acne on my forehead. I have other issues on the occasion but now 90% of my issues are with cysts on my forehead. I can get up to 5 or 6 cysts at a time and they are definitely painful and sensitive. Last year I was on doxycycline and epiduo for about a year, and it did not improve my skin too much. Half the week was good and then I the other half was usually not very good.

I switched dermatologists about 1 month ago. He took me off doxy and gave me Differin to use at night and benzefoam for the morning. He did not think I needed anti-biotic to start with. He is very into Differin and said I have to be very patient with because its a gradual process. I've been on Differin for 3-4 weeks and I am still getting cysts and when I do get them the differin does not help them out at all.

My question is, has anyone had any positive experience with Differin for cystic acne? Am I continuing to waste my time with another ineffective drug for my cystic acne? Any insight or experiences people have had would be appreciated.

I should also mention that both of my dermatologists I've had did not suggest accutane because they believe my issue were not severe enough to the extent that accutane is needed.

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 10/09/2013 12:28 am

Differin did nothing for my cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 10/09/2013 1:14 am

Retinoids are most effective for comedonal acne. Cysts on the forehead especially might be due to dietary problems. I used to get cysts on my forehead after eating unfermented dairy.