Notifications
Clear all

Switching Back To Bp

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 09/17/2013 4:08 am

I used to use Benzac Benzoyl Peroxide 5% wash and 5% cream which i discontinued as it dried out my skin to much and i think it lead to red marks

I am currently using Neutragena Power cream wash with salicylic acid, and neautragena 2 in 1 fight and fade with glycolic acid to get rid of red marks (isnt really working)

at the moment i do not get many pimples but i get red marks instead. The red marks that have been around for awhile are the hardest to get rid of and i was wondering if what i am using atm is better than going back to BP for my skin.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 09/17/2013 6:01 am

If you are experiencing active acne than BP is probably your best option. However in saying that it doesn't really help with your red marks. If you are thinking of going back to BP perhaps try 2.5% instead of 5%. Whether BP is better than 'salicylic acid and neautragena 2 in 1 fight and fade with glycolic acid' is for you to find out. Everyone responds differently.

In short if you have active acne- BP, if it is just red marks you are concerned about then salicylic acid and glycolic acid is probably a more desired treatment.

Hope this helps all the best