Notifications
Clear all

Acne At 21..help

MemberMember
(@yourplaceormine)

Posted : 09/15/2013 8:10 am

Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum. A little bit about myself, i'm 21 this year, male. Recently i've started breaking out quite severely (according to my standards) having red swollen pimples, that only go down after a week or so, but leave behind hyperpigmentation, really dark marks that are very obvious on my face, and scars. I've had the occasional pimple or two, but i have realized that it was only within the past year or so that i have gotten such bad skin. Why is this so?

I have read that travelling causes acne, and i was travelling in europe for a month or so in july, and my skin was pretty fine over there. It was only when i returned that i started having these really bad breakouts. I live in Singapore, and it is hot and humid almost everyday. Could this possibly be a reason for my breakouts?

I've tried everything, i have been keeping to a skin care regimen every night, watching my hygiene and even tried vitamins such as vitamin e and optizinc, but my skin does not seem to be getting better. Would like to get some opinions and help about this, my acne is making me feel very bad and unconfident about myself, i'm sure most acne sufferers will know what i mean.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 09/15/2013 8:14 pm

Make sure you check the products you're using, they can be very harsh on your face! The weather may have affected your acne slightly, but the products could be making it more severe than it has to be. You used to only have the occasional pimple so these breakouts don't seem like an internal thing (breakouts would of started long ago), definitely check with the products you're using and maybe cut back a bit and let your skin heal or look into a less harsh product.

MemberMember
(@yourplaceormine)

Posted : 09/16/2013 4:08 am

Make sure you check the products you're using, they can be very harsh on your face! The weather may have affected your acne slightly, but the products could be making it more severe than it has to be. You used to only have the occasional pimple so these breakouts don't seem like an internal thing (breakouts would of started long ago), definitely check with the products you're using and maybe cut back a bit and let your skin heal or look into a less harsh product.

Thanks, but i have been using these products for quite some time, and i have not used anything new other than benozyl peroxide which is to reduce the swelling of the pimple. I was wondering how much stress could contribute to acne breakouts? I've just started university after a 2 year long break from studying, therefore i'm wondering how much of an impact stress has on the skin?

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 09/16/2013 7:53 am

Thanks, but i have been using these products for quite some time, and i have not used anything new other than benozyl peroxide which is to reduce the swelling of the pimple. I was wondering how much stress could contribute to acne breakouts? I've just started university after a 2 year long break from studying, therefore i'm wondering how much of an impact stress has on the skin?

To be honest with you I wouldn't ever use benoyzl peroxide, that stuff is so bad it will make it worse; it may seem like it helps for a short term fix but it will end up drying your skin out so badly, the skin will think it needs to produce more oil and bang more acne.

Stress can cause acne, but all I can say is if it gets too hectic just make sure you let loose and do some exercise that should help alot.

MemberMember
(@yourplaceormine)

Posted : 09/16/2013 8:06 am

Oh man, that may have been the problem then. But what would you suggest that I use for the swelling and redness of the pimples? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@zach-zach)

Posted : 09/16/2013 10:12 am

I agree with interested19 about BP... I've used it before when I used Proactiv way back in the day, and holy shcensored.gif t... my skin was the driest it's ever been during a regimen. Works for some but decimates others.

Stress is a HUGE factor with acne. If you're @ university and are anything like I was, you probably don't get as much sleep as you once did. Big factors to consider. If it's any consolation, I'm pretty jealous you live in Singapore! It's somewhere I've been considering living!