Notifications
Clear all

Caveman Regimen

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 09/14/2013 12:45 am

Just putting this solution out there, if you're brave enough. I think the caveman regimen is the solution to acne, but it really depends on what type of acne you get. If you're acne started during early puberty, then it is probably hormonal. BUT, if you started getting acne during your late teens-adult, then I suggest you really consider this regimen.

Products that are constantly being sold to us, claiming that they will solve our acne and all our problems are actually REALLY HARSH to your skin. If you look into the history of it, before all these products were invented people did not suffer as much from acne. You might be washing your face religiously day and night thinking that if you don't god forbid what would happen to your face.What I'm trying to say is, TAKE CONTROL of your own skin. Do not put your skin in the HANDS of all these companies claiming they will cure your acne. They are only making it worse; they are ruining the pH of your skin, and making it produce more oil then necessary. Some of you might realise you didn't even have serious acne before you started using these products.

With the caveman regimen you dump all these products and do not wash your face for 30 days. You might break out at the beginning but thats the skin letting out, whatever these products have been trapping in your face (if that makes sense). Ensure you eat healthy, exercise and you can rinse your face with water. Although some people have even went to the extremes of not letting water touch their face. This is a way to let your skin heal, and restore itself back to a normal pH level. This way you can STOP spending copious amounts of money on useless products and treatments, and start living.

If you need more information on this regimen I suggest you google 'The love vitamin caveman regimen'

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 09/14/2013 5:20 am

I'm yet to see someone actually clear their acne doing this regimen other than that love vitamin chick (who actually cleared most of her acne before starting it anyway) so ill remain skeptical.

All I read on the caveman regimen logs is "my skin has a healthy glow "it feels so soft and moisturized" but never "my acne is 100% clear or under control".

What I do read, time and time again, is "my skin is covered in clogged pores" which they somehow reason by assuming its their skin "repairing" itself. Then they stop posting in that log and start a new skincare regimen and wish they'd never done it.

Just saying, it sounds like the perfect regimen but its really not all its cracked up to be.

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 09/14/2013 5:46 am

to an an extent i agree, only because my skin was fine, but my dad brought me a cleanser which was very harsh for my skin, obv i was too young to realise, kept using it..and made my skin worse, now i hardly even use a cleanser and my skin feels 100% better!

besides that if you don't wash your face, oil/dirt will clog your pores and will increase your breakouts...sound's too optimistic in my opinion

(@LewisS)

Posted : 09/14/2013 7:16 am

I think to carry out the caveman regimen, you need to have a caveman (paleo/primitive) diet. No skin-care regimen will cure acne and nobody really needs a skin care regimen. Due to our diets and lifestyles we have to prevent acne, but if we ate nutrient dense foods and cut out refined sugars and bad fats (saturated fats, trans fats etc.) we wouldn't need to prevent anything in the first place.

The Love Vitamin (Tracy) has only cleared up her acne because she follows a holistic, natural lifestyle (diet and skincare) and therefore can successfully follow the caveman regimen because she is no longer acne-prone. She puts nothing into her body that would cause her to get acne and really takes care of her body from the inside-out, not externally.

You do not have to cleanse/moisturise/treat your skin. Your body is capable of doing that itself. Due to the lifestyles we have, those functions cannot be relied on to prevent acne and other diseases, therefore we need to take preventative measures.

Don't think you can just stop cleansing your face and acne will go away. You need to provide your body with nutrient dense foods (primarily vegetables, for example kale is one of the most nutritious vegetables you could find) and cut refined sugars out of your diet completely.

MemberMember
(@interested19)

Posted : 09/15/2013 8:20 pm

Thats why I said if you're brave enough. If you think you can cut out all junk foods, follow a clean diet and exercise just to clear up your acne then this regimen is for you. To be honest I don't see why you would bother going through this stupid cycle of buying products every and now then, just to find out there useless and start looking again. To me it seems easier and a whole lot more rewarding to take care of your body the way nature intended!!