Notifications
Clear all

Ance, Scars-- Help!

MemberMember
(@ashii)

Posted : 08/03/2013 4:02 pm

Hi everyone,

HELP!!.. Please!

My ance, hyperpigmentation & ice pick scars (maybe some box scars too) have killed my confidence. I never go out without foundation and even when I do, its hard facing someone because I think theyre looking at my face and not paying attention to anything else.

Ive tried microdermabrasion many times to even out the skin tone and at first I thought it would help my ice pick scars, but that didnt happen so i gave up on that. Ive had peels, facials & some sort of laser which I dont remember now (i was robbed of my $) none of which helped. Im 25 now, Ive had this since middle school but the ice pick scars came in 2 years ago L.

I was on Accutane but that messed with my head (it's one hell of a drug) & i had to stop. I also tried minocycline after that. A few months ago I stopped Benzaclin & Differin which I was applying because I was using it for so long but it did nothing, I was still getting acne. Right now the only thing im doing is applying Nadinola and I do notice that my marks are not as brown/red as they used to be, and anything new isnt as dark. I also put toothpaste over new ance so that it comes out and goes away quick.

What has worked on you guys for your ance and ice pick scars? Ive read a bit about TCA cross, excision, copper peptides. How do I get my skin to be even againn, i HATE the ice pick scars. I can deal with the acne, but the scars are killing me cuz i feel like they wont ever go away and its here to stay. Im South Asian if that helps.

I live in Toronto, and for those of you that live here as well, do u know any derm or cosmetic surgeon thatll actually help me and is not only $ hungry?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/03/2013 4:40 pm

When I started scarring the derma-roller and chemical peel worked best. My chemical peel was really light but it tightened up more pores a lot and I feel more comfortable doing it more often because it's so light. The derma-roller helps stimulate the production of collagen, which is needed to fill out the scars. You can also try using serums that stimulate collagen production as well. Sorry, I don't live in Canada.

MemberMember
(@ashii)

Posted : 11/19/2013 1:39 pm

I was so desperate when I wrote the previous post

I read about chemical peels, decided to get one done. I was hoping for a TCA but because of the amount of acne I had, the medical esthetician decided a salicylic peel would be better for me. Got that done, however, all it did was dry out the acne I had at that time but they were still popping up from everywhere. I honestly did not know what to do!!!

So I went to my family doctor & he prescribed Tactuo, and I can't explain how well this gel worked. I also did some research, found the "best" dermatologist in Toronto & every time I try making an appointment something comes up.

I continued using Tactuo, it cleared my face up 90% in 2 1/2 months. Yesterday I went in for a peel & the esthetician was shocked at how well my skin looked, no more inflammation, nothing & this time I could actually do the TCA peel.

I will keep updating for anyone that's interested & also just to keep a dairy for myself.

Day 1

Got the peel done in the AM which was 35%. My skin turned white (blanched, I believe it is) immediately & so much so that instead of keeping it on for 3 minutes which was the preferred time, she decided to take it off in a minute and half. My skin was still white once it was done, but within half an hour, there was no more white to be seen & over the next hour it wasn't as red either. I did not wash my face that evening nor did I apply any moisturizer. I didn't feel my skin was dry & because i'm off Tactuo and I'm normally oily, I was afraid i'd break out if I apply too much.

Day 2

Today is day 2, my skin has turned brown, especially around certain areas (I believe that's where I turned white immediately as she applied the peel), It feels nice, not dry at all, not oily either, does feel a little stretched. I did apply moisturizer today once so far & will a couple of more times by the end of the day.

Will update with pics later.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/19/2013 4:37 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress! I also have some ice pick scars and I'm really interested in seeing how yours react to the tca peel.

MemberMember
(@ashii)

Posted : 11/21/2013 8:34 pm

Day 3

My skins starting to feel really tight, in the morning I could see cracks around my nose & mouth area. Those areas started peeling throughout the day. I started applying more moisturizer especially around my temples where its darker brown. It's starting to feel really annoying!! Before going to bed I took a baby wash cloth and very GENTLY went over my face as I was told by the esthetician to do so. This did help the skin around my mouth that was ready to come off, actually come off.

Day 4

I am applying Cetaphil moisturizer a lot more than the previous days.. this is helping my skin peel more as it is keeping it moisturized & helping the skin that's ready to peel, come off. I've applied moisturizer 5 times today & everytime it was applied I had dead skin in my hands (eww!!!). My upper lip, most of my chin & around my nose is pretty much done peeling I think. I can also see where the cracks are around my cheeks & know it'll start coming off tomorrow. It's starting to get super annoying.. I wish all this could peel like RIGHT NOW. The only areas that feel really tight & stretched are my temples.