Notifications
Clear all

My Acne Refuses To Go Away.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/28/2013 2:27 pm

I got back on my BP gel with clindamycin phosphate last monday after having been off of it for months. I tried birth control before that. I know I need time for the BP to work but for the first few days it was really helping then all of the sudden I got a bunch of new acne and my old acne is still taking forever to go away. Is this normal? I can't remember what happened last time. I know I am in just in a hurry to have a clear face again and that it probably takes a month for the medication to start really working. I also can't use this gel twice a day because it dries my skin out like crazy so I only use it at night which probably isn't helping things heal up. If anyone can offer any advice that would be great.

MemberMember
(@bluemoon3)

Posted : 07/28/2013 4:16 pm

Your acne looks really similar to mine. Is it only on this part of your face? I've had acne in those two sides around my mouth for the past year that will NOT go away, whatever I try. It might be hormonal?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 07/28/2013 4:30 pm

It definitely looks hormonal to me. With any product you're going to use there are not going to be immediate results so try to just stick to one thing for now and BP is the most effective at killing acne so keep using it at night for now and try to increase it slowly after a week. Which birth control did you try using? There are a lot and some work better than others for acne.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/28/2013 4:42 pm

Sprintec I think is what my birth control is called and yes my acne is mostly just on this part of my face. I am still on the birth control now. I was hoping this cream would help. I mean I know I have to wait and see if it does but if it doesn't when should I go back to the doctor and should I get my hormones tested to maybe figure out what is going on? Sorry I am really clueless. Also do you know of a good moisturizer I don't think the one I am using is very good for my skin even though it says it is non comedogenic.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/28/2013 5:19 pm

I've used every acne product and been to the dermatologist 4 times nothing worked. I started using aspirem benzoyl peroxide and I wish I had learned about this when I was 12. I used to get pimples everywhere everyday. I was sad waking up to a new pimple everyday. It messed with my mind. I use cetaphil moisturize with it, it doesn't clog my pores.

MemberMember
(@kekamarie)

Posted : 07/28/2013 5:25 pm

I've used every acne product and been to the dermatologist 4 times nothing worked. I started using aspirem benzoyl peroxide and I wish I had learned about this when I was 12. I used to get pimples everywhere everyday. I was sad waking up to a new pimple everyday. It messed with my mind. I use cetaphil moisturize with it, it doesn't clog my pores.

How long after you use BP do you use moisturizer? Also did you have a lot of dryness as well how long did it take for you to get used to the BP? I also have red marks leftover from old acne what can I do for those? Sorry I have so many questions.