Notifications
Clear all

Urgent Help Needed!

MemberMember
(@jeopardy)

Posted : 07/27/2013 3:32 pm

A cystic pimple on my cheek just popped while I was exfoliating my face. It's bleeding out, but I see the darkish blood at the bottom... that is an indicator of a black pigment scar! Ugh I don't want another one!! How can I mitigate this as much as possible? This happened five minutes ago. Any advice would be very appreciated!

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 07/27/2013 4:38 pm

I hate that so badly. Have you tried 2 pumpes of bp to stop all breakouts. Cystic pimples are being caused by whatever your using right now.

I hvnt gotten those since I was 12 and it was because I was using a bad acne fighting cream.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 07/27/2013 4:44 pm

To the above poster, I completely disagree, I only get cystic acne due to hormonal reasons so I would not tell someone it's because of their regimen. To the original poster I would gently try to remove what is in that cyst using 2 cotton balls then disinfect the area with rubbing alcohol and apply a little neosporin to heal it.

MemberMember
(@jeopardy)

Posted : 07/27/2013 5:19 pm

Thanks I will try that Q tip method. Yeah, it's definitely not related to my medication. I've used the same topical medication (more or less) for over 4 years or so. My acne has gotten better with age (21 now), but I just recently broke out with a couple of cysts during this scorching heat wave. It gets really humid here, so my acne, if any, is at its worse during July. Honestly, I had almost nothing until mid-July! I had 0 cysts. It felt like grade 9 again, haha.

Eh, I really don't know. Using cotton or a Q-tip will require me to dig up the skin, inflaming it even more. I think I might worsen it that way.