Notifications
Clear all

Healing Acne Scabs

MemberMember
(@yessssuh)

Posted : 07/22/2013 3:40 pm

I've been getting these blackheads/zits around nose and near the crease on my upper lip, they tend to turn red and I squeeze at them, which makes my face look red and then these big red scabs seem to form. It looks disgusting, and I know that when I don't get these, my face for the most part stays clear. Does this happen to anyone else? Please let me know, and also I hate going out in public or being seen by anyone when I have them, it makes me VERY insecure. I usually sit inside while they're bad for a few days and use the Proactiv refining mask as an all day spot treatment.

My face regimen right now is using a mild cleanser (either clearasil or apricot scrub) then using a prescription gel that my doctor prescribed to me. At night I use the proactiv refining mask as a spot treatment on red spots or pimples.

Any suggestions on how to heal them or how to prevent them overall?

And if you have experienced this, how long do they typically last for you?

I've been drinking lots of water and trying to maintain a healthy diet, but between school and work I tend to get stressed out and I don't know if that could be the cause.

Someone help!

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 07/22/2013 5:12 pm

Some people have had success using sudo cream on scab, and claim that they heal faster. Also aloe vera has also been claimed to heal red marks and skin ruptures more quickly. As for preventing acne in general i would recommend having a look at the acne org regime