Notifications
Clear all

Face Clears At Night But Breaks Out During Day

MemberMember
(@benjohnson32)

Posted : 07/06/2013 4:07 pm

So I'm a teenage boy and have pretty bad acne. However, since I learned about vitamins my acne has been clearing. Currently I take zinc, vitamin A, E, and D. I take them at night and day. During the nighttime my acne dramatically clears up. I wake up with much fewer pimples than the day before. During the day, it all seems to come back.slowly and I basically restart the cycle with no improvements. I drink tons of green tea and water. I only wash my face twice a day. Why am I breaking out during the day? my face does get oily around lunch.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 07/06/2013 4:23 pm

"I only wash my face twice a day. Why am I breaking out during the day?"

Right there.

MemberMember
(@benjohnson32)

Posted : 07/06/2013 4:43 pm

Exister I heard that washing your face more than twice a day will strip natural oils, thus causing breakouts and irritation

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 07/06/2013 6:09 pm

Yip, that's what I was getting at. Try just washing once a day for a week or so, then try just once every other day, then once every few days, etc. until you get down to using just water, and eventually maybe only even using water every other day.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/07/2013 7:33 am

I find this happens to me too. I can go to sleep with acne and wake up without and then the process of getting new acne begins after I cleanse.

I have tried the do-nothing regimen and only water. It works, but it isn't for everyone. I like to feel clean and I didn't sometimes whilst doing nothing to my skin. I remember staying clear for literally 2 weeks and then one day, boom, I broke out. Immediately I went back to cleanser which my skin seemed to almost reject and became really irritated. After that I had constant breakouts until my skin got used to being cleansed again. Also your skin builds up dead skin (well mine did) and it takes a while to fully get rid of that. If you have the motivation to get through it, it can work. Definitely helped my skin heal from all the damage I caused it!

As for why you break out during the day, it's because your body tends to heal itself during sleep. You're also exposed to a lot of pollution, heat and dirt during the day, so that contributes largely. Try to keep your hands off your face, use some form of SPF (preferably 30 or higher) and blot away any oils.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 07/07/2013 1:45 pm

i use cleanser twice a day and also wash my face with just water throughout the day like after exercise or before application of any topical medicine or sunscreen or when needed etc

everyone's skin is different.

if u r fine health wise in general,just using water will not strip the natural oils forever.

ur skin has resilient power to rebuild its barrier after washing.

so keep a balance.

washing twice isnt that bad.provided u have all other aspects fine.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/08/2013 7:10 am

Congratulations for seeing dramatic overnight improvement. Consider yourself lucky in this aspect. Ant little thing I get takes days, if not weeks, to fade. Something you are exposed to during the day is inflaming your skin. Could be as simple as the no cleanser idea, won't hurt to try. If its not, could be something else like a food, product, or environmental factor that you are not exposed to overnight.

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/08/2013 7:10 am

I feel your pain; I get the opposite. I wake up and my acne looks horrendous; red, blotchy, loads of whiteheads. But throughout the day it gets better and better until I look perfectly "normal" in the evening. Not really sure why haha, probably something about "fluid distribution" during lying down sleeping and then your body regulating it throughout the day.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/08/2013 9:37 am

I feel your pain; I get the opposite. I wake up and my acne looks horrendous; red, blotchy, loads of whiteheads. But throughout the day it gets better and better until I look perfectly "normal" in the evening. Not really sure why haha, probably something about "fluid distribution" during lying down sleeping and then your body regulating it throughout the day.

That's interesting! Are you allergic to the contents of your pillow?

MemberMember
(@mogthemighty)

Posted : 07/08/2013 9:42 am

That's interesting! Are you allergic to the contents of your pillow?

Haha not that I'm aware of; I was my pillow cases fairly often; but when they're unwashed I cover my pillow in a clean t-shirt :)

MemberMember
(@benjohnson32)

Posted : 07/08/2013 5:14 pm

So here's an update. Ive stopped washing my face in the morning and have now just ran it under water in the shower. My face is less dry but when i began just washing my face once ive had football camp. Ive been in the sun a ton so that may have helped my acne. However, the sweat and dirt and oil that accumulate may have caused it to breakout. So really it has made a huge difference. Ive noticed alot more whiteheads on existing acne

MemberMember
(@benjohnson32)

Posted : 07/11/2013 10:06 pm

Another update: So for the past few days I've been just splashing water on my face in the morning. I would go to football and nothing would really happen. Didn't breakout or didn't get better. However, this morning I woke up and face was extremely oily and whiteheads were everywhere. Now I've broken out and hoping to recover by morning with vitamin supplements