Notifications
Clear all

Showering Right After Pimple Pop Or Wait?

MemberMember
(@electthedead01)

Posted : 07/01/2013 8:15 pm

Hey guys I was just wondering, Ive been waking up with about 5 tiny whiteheads in the same area on the left and right side of my chin for the past 2 months or so. -____________-

I pop them each individually but and after every pop clear liquid oozes out from each one, i pat down each spot where its oozing with a piece of tissue paper, but I noticed that each pimple will continue oozing clear liquid for about 30 minutes, and every minute I have to go back and wipe the clear liquid away until it dries out.

My question is, should I keep going back the restroom every minute and wipe away the clear liquid until it is dry, AND THEN wash ,my face??? Or should I take a shower immediatey after popping each pimple with the clear liquid still oozing??

And also, should the clear liquid keep ozzing for 30 minutes and sometimes an hour until its dry??

or am i popping the pimples to hard? Which i dont think i do..

Also i dont pick

And i only have acne on my chin, rest of my face is clear, PLEASE HELP, this summer was sopposed to be awesome, but so far has sucked SO FFFFF BAD becuase of these stupid whiteheads that keep popping up in the same spots sad.png

THANKS A LOT smile.png

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 07/01/2013 10:03 pm

Hey guys I was just wondering, Ive been waking up with about 5 tiny whiteheads in the same area on the left and right side of my chin for the past 2 months or so. -____________-

I pop them each individually but and after every pop clear liquid oozes out from each one, i pat down each spot where its oozing with a piece of tissue paper, but I noticed that each pimple will continue oozing clear liquid for about 30 minutes, and every minute I have to go back and wipe the clear liquid away until it dries out.

My question is, should I keep going back the restroom every minute and wipe away the clear liquid until it is dry, AND THEN wash ,my face??? Or should I take a shower immediatey after popping each pimple with the clear liquid still oozing??

And also, should the clear liquid keep ozzing for 30 minutes and sometimes an hour until its dry??

or am i popping the pimples to hard? Which i dont think i do..

Also i dont pick

And i only have acne on my chin, rest of my face is clear, PLEASE HELP, this summer was sopposed to be awesome, but so far has sucked SO FFFFF BAD becuase of these stupid whiteheads that keep popping up in the same spots sad.png

THANKS A LOT smile.png

You should stop popping the pimples first of all. When you pop them the bacteria can spread causing more pimples which is what sounds like is going on. I don't understand, you pop them and say you don't pick? That's the same thing. The only time I've popped a pimple I sterilized a needle with alcohol and the area I was going to pop to reduce contamination of bacteria. I wouldn't advise this though.

MemberMember
(@kzxy)

Posted : 07/03/2013 11:34 am

The issue with popping small pimplea is not specifically tissue damage but instead, of infection. When you pop a pimple you create an open wound, which is very vulnerable to infection. Therefore, after popping make sure to apply a small amount of Benzoyl Peroxide or Neosporin or any other type of anti bacterial cream to the open pimple.

The issue with showering is that you may be introducong more bacteria to an open wound. I would instead shower first, then pop if you have to.

TL DR: apply BP or neosprin to popped pimple to prevent infection.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 07/03/2013 1:36 pm

If I really have to pop a pimple and I mean really have to (meaning it's huge and noticeable) I do it after I shower. This is because it makes it easier to pop (softens the skin surrounding it) and reduces the chance of scarring and infection. I then immediately apply either BP or my SA moisturiser to it. I wouldn't really recommend applying a moisturiser though, I do that because it's all I have.

After showering your skin is clean and the pimple may even drain itself whilst cleansing.

MemberMember
(@californiaestie)

Posted : 07/03/2013 10:12 pm

Clear liquid coming out every time on a regular basis really means you are pressing too hard. For it to seep liquid for even 10 minutes isn't really great for your skin. You should be extracting the sebum and maybe one more light push to see if anything is left behind. Then leave it alone my dear!! You can shower right away as long as you apply something to help soothe the pimple after you get out, and if you aren't using super hot water on your face. Hope that helps.