Notifications
Clear all

Clearing Up Chin Acne Before A Big Date!

MemberMember
(@sh8716)

Posted : 07/01/2013 4:07 pm

Hey everyone,

I have moderate to severe acne on the lower sides of my mouth and along my jawline. I have a big date coming up early next week after the 4th and I'm scared to death that my acne will either be worse or will not improve by then. I'm taking 500 MG of Cephalexin both morning and night as well as using Differin in the morning and Climdamyacin at night. The outbreak is only around the outer and lower sides of my mouth and jawline and only severe during summer (when I'm home from college). I'm wondering if there are any ways I can hopefully speed up the clearing, or at least reduce the redness. I've started drinking a lot of water during the day and I quit uhmm...jerking it... yesterday. I've tried using yogurt and it worked for a couple days and then my acne got worse again. I'm a male so I can't very well use makeup to cover it. Any suggestions you guys (and girls!!) have are greatly appreciated because frankly I'm getting really nervous and I'm out of ideas. Thanks again :)

MemberMember
(@sh8716)

Posted : 07/02/2013 4:18 pm

Hey everyone I saw my derm today and she switched me over from cephalexin to monocycline. Any suggestions to help clear this up before early next week is appreciated!

MemberMember
(@3lilpigs)

Posted : 07/02/2013 7:18 pm

Start taking DIM, you can find it at your health food store. Take 3 in the am, 3 in the pm. It will begin working quickly, but I cannot promise you'll be clear in one or two days.

MemberMember
(@sh8716)

Posted : 07/03/2013 1:02 am

What's DIM? Any topical items I should also be using or is the differin and climdamyacin good?

MemberMember
(@sh8716)

Posted : 07/04/2013 10:46 am

anyone? Does tea tree oil or vitamin e oil work well?

MemberMember
(@3lilpigs)

Posted : 07/04/2013 1:49 pm

A few (2) drops of Lavender essential oil mixed with a carrier oil, such as argan oil, tamanu oil, or rosehip seed oil (I use a mix of all 3 carrier oils) will disinfect, decrease inflammation, swelling and redness of any blemishes, zits, pimples & cysts. I use the carrier oil all over and dab the lavender oil directly on the spots with a q-tip (it's very drying; too drying for all over, the carrier oils will protect the spot from drying out in the bad way).

You could also try an aspirin mask. Take several aspirin pills, crush them up in a little bowl, add a couple drops of water (just enough to make a thick paste). Spread this paste on the inflamed spots (or all over the face, if you make enough). Leave on as long you are able-overnight is best. The aspirin is made up of salycilic acid, which cleans out pores, reduces redness & shrinks up zits very nicely.

DIM (also known as Estroblock) is a supplement that blocks bad estrogens from the environment (pollution, plastics, water, medications, drugs, cigarettes etc). These 'bad' estrogens build up in our system (both males and females) and can cause negative hormonal responses in the body; DIM clears & blocks these bad estrogens from the body. Enter DIM into the search on this forum, you'll be amazed at the positive response it has for clearing acne QUICKLY.

MemberMember
(@sh8716)

Posted : 07/05/2013 1:01 pm

The monocycline seems to be working. Yesterday in addition to taking monocycline, I applied diffferin in the morning, washed and applied tea tree oil in the afternoon and climdamyacin before bed. Is this overdoing it? My acne was more red this morning so I'm curious as to whether I should drop the differin or the tea tree oil? I would prefer to drop the differin but I'm open to either. With today being friday and a date on Tuesday I need this to clear up quickly. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/05/2013 1:50 pm

Differin works very slowly so i would suggest you not switch things up too much as it can make your acne worse/more irriated. You may just have to go with he flow as far as your acne is concerned. BB cream can help to reduce redness if you're comfortable with wearing cover up

As for your date, any girl that would make a big deal of your acne is probably someone you don't want to be with anyway. Go out and enjoy your datem acne or not.

MemberMember
(@sh8716)

Posted : 07/07/2013 10:22 am

Just a quick question: Which generally helps clear up redness quicker: Clindamyacin or tea tree oil. I used to be using climdamyacin at night but the last couple nights I've switched to teat tree oil. Does anyone have any advice one way or the other.