Notifications
Clear all

Over Obsessing Or Not?

MemberMember
(@murphdog27)

Posted : 06/26/2013 3:25 pm

So since I came across this website it's been a lot of help listening to all your guys ideas and I think my mild to moderate acne is clearing slightly but since I've began to see improvements I've become over obsessive about my regimen...like for example without going into to much detail and boring you all my regimen is basically the normal thing wake up scrub hands gently cleanse face with cetaphil then apply some acne gel 5% then use cetaphil moisturiser and repeat before bedtime. Besides the fact my skin is supper flaky I'm seeing a improvement but as I said its getting in the way of my life like I'm actually terrified to touch my face and not only that I'm terrified of touch near my face e.g neck and even my fringe of hair (I'm male btw)...if I told anyone this themed probably say I'm overreacting but I notice even the slightest touch on my face will cause my skin to look worse? Anyway I now believe I've devolved some type of OCD about touching my face and I'm really cautions putting on t shirts and hoodies in the fear of irritating my skin. I guess I just wanna see if I'm alone in this or others are similar and any advice will be appreciated. Thank you and good luck with your battle against acne!

MemberMember
(@mandarine)

Posted : 06/26/2013 3:49 pm

You are not alone: same thing for me. This is particularly true with dirty hands.

OCD, I'm not sure, because it really does not disturb me in a fear way.

How far does it disturb you? Why does it suddenly become a problem for you?

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/26/2013 4:11 pm

You're not alone. If you just washed your hands, touching your face gently is not a big deal. But if you're hands are dirty, you shouldn't touch your face. I obsess about my diet and ingredients in topical products, but in a good way. At least your habit is a good one and you're not obsessed with eating chalk or something...

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 06/26/2013 4:18 pm

You're not alone. I constantly look at my scars even though my acne had gone!

MemberMember
(@orion656)

Posted : 06/26/2013 4:21 pm

Not sure where you're from, But here in Australia you can get a product called "Dettol Healthy Touch" the American equivalant is Hydrogen Peroxide, But basically you always want to keep a bottle of it close. After you eat, wash your hands with it. Go to the bathroom, Especially cleanse your hands with hot water then finish with Hydrogen Peroxide. You just generally want to get into a routine of always washing your hands whenever you think they may be dirty, This includes after long gaming sessions after using a keyboard ESPECIALLY after using a keyboard or controller.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/27/2013 12:58 pm

You're not alone. If you just washed your hands, touching your face gently is not a big deal. But if you're hands are dirty, you shouldn't touch your face. I obsess about my diet and ingredients in topical products, but in a good way. At least your habit is a good one and you're not obsessed with eating chalk or something...

Your disclaimer sounds familiar to this :Mutual funds are subject to market risk.Please read the documents carefully before investing. hahaha

MemberMember
(@kjoysmomma)

Posted : 06/27/2013 1:17 pm

I am the same way. I won't even touch my phone to my face, I always use speaker. I panic whenever anything comes near my face.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/27/2013 2:42 pm

In my second year of college.I got 14 towels for wiping my face.They were big sized and i washed them in the hostel every single day after one use! That's as paranoid as one could get.Imagine a hostel guy washing 14 towels LOL. And other guys wiped their face with the same towel they use for their crotch (eww).And they have skin which won't show a blemish even if you scrutinize it under a microscope. And me? Skin which looks like the moon. The moon ahahaha!

MemberMember
(@mandarine)

Posted : 06/27/2013 4:04 pm

Towels and phone, of course!

But pillows make me paranoid too.

Officially, it's because "You know, I like when it smells good".

Unofficially: "I don't want this awful dirty thing that touched your crotch to touch my face or I will pull out your balls and eat them with ketchup, thinking of the cysts and pimples that I've avoided".

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 06/27/2013 4:35 pm

The bacteria involved with acne is what is *already* present in the skin - p.acnes bacteria. When your pores get clogged, there is an overgrowth of this normally harmless bacteria.

Touching your face with dirty hands wont introduce 'acne bacteria' and make you break out. The reason you shouldnt touch your face is to avoid irritation, its nothing to do with germs. smile.png