Notifications
Clear all

Can I Drink Alcohol While Using Topical Clindamycin?

MemberMember
(@providermr)

Posted : 06/08/2013 10:43 pm

I forgot to ask my dr. about that, I was wondering if it was safe to drink some alcohol when I go out. I'm just using topical 1% perfect clindamycin.

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/08/2013 10:58 pm

I forgot to ask my dr. about that, I was wondering if it was safe to drink some alcohol when I go out. I'm just using topical 1% perfect clindamycin.

Yes it is safe, alcohol does not do more damage to the body while on a topical medication nor does it effect the efficiency of the topical medication. Now if you were taking oral medications like accutane or oral antibiotics, then alcohol may indeed have a more damaging effect on the body and can disrupt the effectiveness of the oral medication.

MemberMember
(@providermr)

Posted : 06/08/2013 11:54 pm

Yes it is safe, alcohol does not do more damage to the body while on a topical medication nor does it effect the efficiency of the topical medication. Now if you were taking oral medications like accutane or oral antibiotics, then alcohol may indeed have a more damaging effect on the body and can disrupt the effectiveness of the oral medication.

Really? that is great to hear then, thanks!