Notifications
Clear all

Will It Heal?

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 06/05/2013 6:57 pm

I recently put some sort of chemical on my face to get rid of the dark spots left from acne. I was desperate and stupid and I think I burned my skin? It's not a chemical Peel I put on my face, it was a cream a dermatologist gave to my mother for her dark spots (it's not hydroquinine or whatever), and I slathered it on more on my forehead and left it on all night and my face turned red then brown and tight and now it's peeling and flaking.

For the past days my cheeks and chin have began flaking and my forehead is burnt and dark and has a little flaking but isn't peeling the dark skin off as fast as my cheeks and chin. My birthday is on Sunday and I was wondering will my skin heal or is this permanent? When I wash my face, my forehead, the dark patch turns white but after it dries it turns back to dry, tight and flaky. Places on my cheeks and chin turn white too and my face has been a little bit itchy lately. What does it mean when the patches turn white? Is it just dead skin sitting on my skin, because the parts of my face that isn't dry or tight and normal texture doesn't turn white.

Thank you! :)

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/05/2013 11:14 pm

Have you tried exfoliating? A gentle method is to use Baking Soda.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 4:27 am

You might have overloaded your skin with that lotion. It might take a while to heal but since its starting to flake it will also make the spots go away. Exfoliating might be the only thing right now and don't forget to moisturize the skin !

If this doesn't work it might turn out to be an eczema ( trust me I had the same problem ).

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 06/06/2013 6:11 pm

Okay cool! Thanks! Like my forehead peeled away, but I still have dry flaky patches there and around my mouth. It's irritating, but I know I will just have to wait.