Notifications
Clear all

Water Only Method

MemberMember
(@jackson03)

Posted : 06/01/2013 6:55 pm

Hi, I'm a 15 year old guy and i've had acne for about a year and a half. 2 weeks ago I stopped using my cleansers and creams the doctor told me to use to clear up my skin. I've been using just water. At first my skin tone returned to normal and my skin cleared up drastically. But then the second week i started breaking out again. I'm not sure if I am purging or what. If anyone has any advice that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 06/02/2013 6:50 am

You shouldn't just use water to clean face. Plus our water isn't ever 100% pure. You need to cleanse everyday especially if you have acne prone skin. People who don't have acne can get away with it easily but since we have acne its not so easy. What are you using at the moment?

MemberMember
(@jackson03)

Posted : 06/03/2013 3:34 pm

You shouldn't just use water to clean face. Plus our water isn't ever 100% pure. You need to cleanse everyday especially if you have acne prone skin. People who don't have acne can get away with it easily but since we have acne its not so easy. What are you using at the moment?

Ive been washing my face again with a cleanser and its been breaking out just as much if not more

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/03/2013 3:52 pm

Ive been washing my face again with a cleanser and its been breaking out just as much if not more

I've been using this method too. In fact June 19th would complete 2 months of this regimen.My acne is controlled! When i used to use cleansers,they over dried my face causing even more breakouts.And i have tried every possible cure for acne except Accutane.I think you should stick with this regimen for some time.Since you are only 15,its your age to breakout.It's normal.Don't make the same mistake what i did.Over treat my acne! Let the normal breakouts come and go on their own.Just be clean enough i.e wash your face with drinking water.Have a healthy diet.Try to eliminate sugar and excessive carbohydrates.Eat hard grains instead of the smoother ones. Do tell me about your progress.

MemberMember
(@alibeast)

Posted : 06/03/2013 9:42 pm

I've been using this method too. In fact June 19th would complete 2 months of this regimen.My acne is controlled! When i used to use cleansers,they over dried my face causing even more breakouts.And i have tried every possible cure for acne except Accutane.I think you should stick with this regimen for some time.Since you are only 15,its your age to breakout.It's normal.Don't make the same mistake what i did.Over treat my acne! Let the normal breakouts come and go on their own.Just be clean enough i.e wash your face with drinking water.Have a healthy diet.Try to eliminate sugar and excessive carbohydrates.Eat hard grains instead of the smoother ones. Do tell me about your progress.

This guy is so right, don't over treat your acne. It's a natural thing that everyone gets, just wash your face with hot then cold water. Don't sleep on your face at night, don't let ANYTHING touch your face, not your hands or anything. And you should be good

MemberMember
(@dermajourney)

Posted : 06/04/2013 5:57 pm

I'm going to have to second the holistic approach, it's certainly worth experimenting with. Please fill us in on your progress!

MemberMember
(@jackson03)

Posted : 06/04/2013 8:56 pm

so ive now been using just a mild cleanser being cerave which doesnt over dry my skin at all but my mom gave me this stuff called oil of oregano which is a holistic approach to acne. Its basically an anitbacterial oil and its been working pretty well for me. School ends in a few weeks so I may try to really stick to the water only approach at that point. Thanks for all the input though!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/04/2013 10:59 pm

Just use a simple face wash- Dove sensitive skin bar. (thats one of many products my derm reccs) But everyones skin is different. :) good luck!

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/05/2013 8:41 am

Avoid sink water as much as possible ( for drinking and washing face ) ! You can try boiling it or just buy those 10L waters from the store !

I recommend you to wash your face only once per day ( after waking up ) and rarely twice when you've been outside exposed to dust.

MemberMember
(@jackson03)

Posted : 06/12/2013 10:12 am

So last night I tried doing water only and obviously I'm not gonna see good results over night but I broke out with a few pimples. Is that a normal thing?

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/12/2013 10:58 am

So last night I tried doing water only and obviously I'm not gonna see good results over night but I broke out with a few pimples. Is that a normal thing?

It could be, just keep your spirits high and trust that this may actually make a good difference to your skin. Honestly the only thing I wash with is water. I use my shower head and use warm-ish water at first for a good 30-50 seconds and then I switch to a more cooler temperature for about 10-20 seconds..and thats me. I also use Tee tree oil after about half an hour when my skin is dry.

I have heard alot of people breaking out a LITTLE with this method, if you are and its because of this, it could be that your skin is obviously not used to what your doing but it can and will adjust. Just give it time and don't get discouraged.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/12/2013 9:13 pm

what about people with oily skin, I wonder if that can help too? I don't see how only water can clean the oil and the "dirt" one's accumulated during the day off the face...

I don't think it will work for me, though. I have very oily skin. I went on a camping trip and I couldn't bring my products with me, so I didn't really wash my face for 4-5 days. I only used those makeup up remover wipes that don't really do the cleansing that well, and maybe some water from some stream in a forest. I did break out after that. I don't think it was serious, though, they were little bumps. Maybe my skin needs to adjust from it and who knows, maybe it can work, but I'm not ready for that method.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/15/2013 2:57 am

what about people with oily skin, I wonder if that can help too? I don't see how only water can clean the oil and the "dirt" one's accumulated during the day off the face...

I don't think it will work for me, though. I have very oily skin. I went on a camping trip and I couldn't bring my products with me, so I didn't really wash my face for 4-5 days. I only used those makeup up remover wipes that don't really do the cleansing that well, and maybe some water from some stream in a forest. I did break out after that. I don't think it was serious, though, they were little bumps. Maybe my skin needs to adjust from it and who knows, maybe it can work, but I'm not ready for that method.

Don't know if it will work for you.Though it certainly did for me.And i have the oiliest skin one can have.I did break out a lot during the first month.But the second month was a breeze.Soon the third month is going to start and i'm expecting more.I hope that by the sixth month it would be great.All scars healed,no new breakouts. While following this regimen you should make sure you don't touch or pick your face .Because since you're not washing your face with a soap ,any bacteria left on your face would cause more harm then it would have otherwise.

And yes it's difficult to start this regimen.I would have never started it if i was in college.I had my two months long summer vacations so i started it.Now it's working so i'll continue with it :)

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/15/2013 9:13 am

Don't know if it will work for you.Though it certainly did for me.And i have the oiliest skin one can have.I did break out a lot during the first month.But the second month was a breeze.Soon the third month is going to start and i'm expecting more.I hope that by the sixth month it would be great.All scars healed,no new breakouts. While following this regimen you should make sure you don't touch or pick your face .Because since you're not washing your face with a soap ,any bacteria left on your face would cause more harm then it would have otherwise.

And yes it's difficult to start this regimen.I would have never started it if i was in college.I had my two months long summer vacations so i started it.Now it's working so i'll continue with it smile.png

So how exactly do you wash your face, do you use your hands to splash your face with water, or do you let the water run down your face in the shower? do you use hot or cold water, how long do you have to wash your face for?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/15/2013 11:26 am

And yes it's difficult to start this regimen.I would have never started it if i was in college.I had my two months long summer vacations so i started it.Now it's working so i'll continue with it smile.png

So how exactly do you wash your face, do you use your hands to splash your face with water, or do you let the water run down your face in the shower? do you use hot or cold water, how long do you have to wash your face for?

Well in the morning i just splash tap water on my face.In the evening after i have worked out i just let water trickle on my face when i take a bath.At all times i let the water air dry .Sometimes when i want to exfoliate i use upward movements of my fingers.

MemberMember
(@jthom18)

Posted : 06/18/2013 5:44 pm

When I read your thread title I thought you were talking about only drinking water. Lol. I, too, am a 14 (almost 15) year old guy with pretty mild acne for a really long time. I tried all cleansers and doxycycline and monocycline along with tazorac and I saw decent results but my major clear up came with drinking nothing but WATER and lots of it.

Try it! I hope it helps.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/19/2013 1:19 am

When I read your thread title I thought you were talking about only drinking water. Lol. I, too, am a 14 (almost 15) year old guy with pretty mild acne for a really long time. I tried all cleansers and doxycycline and monocycline along with tazorac and I saw decent results but my major clear up came with drinking nothing but WATER and lots of it.

Try it! I hope it helps.

I drink lots and lots of water everyday.Like 5 liters of it lol. But the only thing it causes is ,well not clear skin but frequent visits to the loo every night spoiling my sleep.You might be thinking i'm an idiot to drink 5 liters.But i'm on a heavy protein diet so i need lots of water to keep kidney problems at bay.