Notifications
Clear all

Anything Other Than Accutane To Clear Acne For Good?

MemberMember
(@liberty90)

Posted : 05/03/2013 8:09 pm

Hello there, I am writing this because im really frustrated with my acne problems. Ive had breakouts off and on since i was 16..it disappeared completely when i was 19 which made me sooooo happy. However once i turned 22 i got it worse than ever before. My dermatologist told me its cystic acne and prescribed me antibiotics and epiduo which worked amazingly for about a month. Now I have two very painful cysts on my cheek that wont go away..my dermatologist said only accutane will help me but I have heard extremely scary stories on the affects it can have on your health..i want to have clear skin but not damage my health long term in the process. Any tips and or advice from you have experienced the same thing?

Much Appreciated,

liberty90

MemberMember
(@sendmeangels)

Posted : 05/04/2013 12:10 am

If you are female, Spironolactone. However, it only works as long as you are on it. I never experienced side effects aside from menstrual irregularities, so be aware that that is a possibility. Especially with higher doses. Other than that, I think Spironolactone is a great option for people with acne that hasn't responded ro other treatments or for people who don't want to go on Accutane.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/04/2013 2:36 am

azithromycon.

its suppose to lessen the bacterial growth.

and ur diet and lifestyle.

MemberMember
(@humandart)

Posted : 05/04/2013 9:29 am

Ive had breakouts off and on since i was 16..it disappeared completely when i was 19 which made me sooooo happy. However once i turned 22 i got it worse than ever before.

i'm similar, had it when i was 15 to 18. Then went away completely, came back at 22. What works for my face, I presume you've tried it though, clearisil rapid action gel wash.

My face is pretty clear, apart from my jawline. My neck started getting bad at 23 and still haven't found a cure.