Notifications
Clear all

How Do I Fix This?

MemberMember
(@jikstah)

Posted : 04/27/2013 8:26 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but I've used this website to do some research on the Regimen and just acne in general. I need help classifying what my type of acne is, moderate or severe or maybe in between.. and with that, I want to know the best way to tackle this. I guess I'm sort of lucky, as I've only had acne for about ~6 months. I'm 17. I have a picture back in November where I barely have any acne, just a few pimples! And also a few photos I took this morning, for a comparison. And boy is it bad.

Any help would be great!

post-207580-0-16950900-1367112326_thumb.

post-207580-0-02690600-1367112395_thumb.

post-207580-0-18451100-1367112397_thumb.

post-207580-0-36849900-1367112399_thumb.

post-207580-0-16950900-1367112326_thumb.

post-207580-0-02690600-1367112395_thumb.

post-207580-0-18451100-1367112397_thumb.

post-207580-0-36849900-1367112399_thumb.

MemberMember
(@leroy123)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:37 pm

Yours looks VERY similar to the way mine looked years ago before I went on accutane, I had cystic acne on my lower cheeks and chin area as well and I believe my derm told me it was high moderate to severe. But you shouldn't be asking people online about it. Go to a dermatologist immediately and get professionally diagnosed and treated.

MemberMember
(@jikstah)

Posted : 04/27/2013 11:48 pm

Yours looks VERY similar to the way mine looked years ago before I went on accutane, I had cystic acne on my lower cheeks and chin area as well and I believe my derm told me it was high moderate to severe. But you shouldn't be asking people online about it. Go to a dermatologist immediately and get professionally diagnosed and treated.

Yeah I will very soon. But I'm wondering if I should try the Regimen? Will it be of any help for cystic acne? And I think I'm over the initial Accutane anxiety, so I reckon I'm ready to get it prescribed. Although I recently just ordered a batch of contacts, and they really do help. Hopefully dry eyes won't stop me.. Thanks for the response!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/28/2013 3:38 am

i suggest a good derma ASAP.

don't risk treatments at this point..let it rest in safe trained hands.

i believe u would need accutane or azithromycin.

but i'd also stress on diet and lifestyle.

so make the combo work.

diet+lifestyle+treatment.

what is ur diet like?

what about your lifestyle?

stress level?

sleep?

do u think ur acne could be hormonal?

aana

MemberMember
(@jikstah)

Posted : 04/28/2013 4:04 am

i suggest a good derma ASAP.

don't risk treatments at this point..let it rest in safe trained hands.

i believe u would need accutane or azithromycin.

but i'd also stress on diet and lifestyle.

so make the combo work.

diet+lifestyle+treatment.

what is ur diet like?

what about your lifestyle?

stress level?

sleep?

do u think ur acne could be hormonal?

aana

Alright, I think seeing a derm is my best bet.

1. My diet is not really controlled as I have a pretty fast metabolism, I generally eat Filipino meals which can be pretty oily and/or salty.

2. Lifestyle on the most part, just consists of school and home, pretty dormant. I tore a ligament in my ankle early last year which resulted in inactivity from sport for about a year. But I just joined a basketball team to get active.

3. I don't really know if I'm experiencing a lot of stress, I guess I am to a degree, as I'm in my senior year of highschool where everything matters, but then again I'm taking it all easy.

4. I sleep about 7.5 to 8 hours everyday.

5. I honestly have no clue, I'm pretty sure I'm at the end of puberty cause I don't seem to be growing :( but maybe its a final growth spurt? Who knows. But then again, how does acne suddenly come up, I've only started getting it 6 months ago..

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 04/28/2013 4:37 am

dont worry u'll grow.boys are suppose to and generally grow after 17.

i had my main acne issues at 17-18 as well.

but then after some time things got worse for me and i think its for stress and ill-nutrition.

as for ur diet.

see if u can post ur diet details and habits etc here.would be helpful and more precise.

i suggest u go through 'diet and holistic living' forum.

and also see blogs here(including mine) for examples and tips.

simple changes like no dairy,limiting sugar,less oily/spicy food should be ur 1st step.

tips like having lots of water,cinnamon after meals,lemon water in the morning,green tea with ginger might help.

add food items that are good for acne-prone skin and cut the harmful ones.

do u think u have added or had anything that might suddenly cause break out?

do u think its hormonal?

MemberMember
(@leroy123)

Posted : 04/28/2013 10:39 am

Yeah I will very soon. But I'm wondering if I should try the Regimen? Will it be of any help for cystic acne? And I think I'm over the initial Accutane anxiety, so I reckon I'm ready to get it prescribed. Although I recently just ordered a batch of contacts, and they really do help. Hopefully dry eyes won't stop me.. Thanks for the response!

The acne.org Regimen can help all types of acne, however it will probably take a few months to get clear of cysts.

If you don't want to try accutane right away, your dermatologist may want to start you on a regimen of their own that can consist of benzoyl peroxide topicals, antibiotic topicals and oral antibiotics. They may also want to use cortisone injections on your face. I had all of those things before accutane but they never really helped me in the long term.

If you do want to take accutane, dryness is definitely a side effect but it's honestly not that bad. There are many other possible side effects as well, so be aware of them before you decide to jump into it.

Good luck on whichever road you decide to take!

MemberMember
(@jikstah)

Posted : 05/01/2013 3:51 am

Do you guys think something like Dermablend can cover them up just for a few special days? I have this speech for English coming up and like I could even maintain eye contact without acne, I don't think I could cope with having it. An 18th where camera will be flashing all the time. And my Year 12 photo day and graduation D: .

My mom also insists on going back to this aesthetician which I went to, until she went away for a few weeks, in which I broke out to this point. I told her about accutane and actually seeing a dermatologist. The aesthetician actually did work, I only had like 3-4 active pimples/cysts? after 3 sessions with her. BUT it hurt like hell, cause she kept extracting and injecting things and microdermabrasing >:\ . But I now have nodules and it probably will not work anymore. This is really getting frustrating,