Notifications
Clear all

Hey Peoples

MemberMember
(@lockandkey)

Posted : 03/12/2013 12:44 am

So I never wanted to sign up on here before, but I've finally bit the bullet.

So I'm 22 currently, female, technically mixed race but I'm very very pale. like. full moon burns you pale. Okay, so basically I've had acne since I was about...11 or 12. I'm guessing it was caused by hormones kicking in, given the time...and it did get a bit better around 16-18 as I'm guessing things were settling down. But it never went completely away. It's never been INSANELY horrible, but I've always had at least one or two at any given time on my face. And the paleness makes it so marks linger pretty long too.

I'm usually okay with myself, but sometimes it just gets so effing annoying. Screwed up my self esteem in my early teens.

I've used a lot of products and come to some conclusions.

My skin hates salicylic acid. I can take aspirin fine, but. applied topically. any amount just...nope. I can't even use natural versions..willow bark or tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is one of the worst.

I've tried benzoyl peroxide before, the one system I used caused chemical burns in about..one use. I've not tried less than ..I think 10%, so I'll look into the 2% I see.

Other things my skin hates; rosewater; olive oil straight; witchhazel; chamomile; green tea; sulpher. It will tolerate occasional hydrogen peroxide and coconut oil for maybe a day or two.

I'm not on any birthcontrol, and not looking to start purely for acne reasons. Food wise, I eat very little dairy, and drink almondcoconut milk. I drink a fair amount of water a day, though I also drink cola. I am not going to stop drinking cola, acne be damned. Not a ton, and my caffeine intake daily is within the normal range.

I take fishoil omega whatever. I used to get cystic acne once in a great while in virtually the same spot everytime, but that has stopped since the fish oil. I eat a lot of chicken, and no red meat ever. in my life. taste thing not a diet thing.

I usually get only whiteheads, which is..infuriating. I've popped one or two if they're already to a head and likely to go that day anyway, but I don't over do it..mostly because I hate pain. I do tend to touch my face which is something i'm trying to stop, but i don't mindlessly pick. i just. touch. Bad habit, i'm trying to curb. I don't ever scrub my face in the shower, I just gently rub dead skin off with my fingers and hands.

so for daily whatevers, I wash my face with dr bronners lavender bar soap, which works fine. haven't had any issues with it. I use a mix of just applecider vinegar and water as my toner. and then I put on a drop of lavender oil mixed with the toner. It seems to help, though since it is in the mint family i'm guessing there is trace amounts of salicylic acid but apparently not enough to really annoy my skin. I don't wear make up daily, but when I do it is all mineral and all that fun stuff. My skin got better when I switched from store bought to mineral powder and a vegan concealer.

I've never actually been to a dermatologist, but I can't really imagine they'd be able to recommend much that I haven't tried. I'm weary of accutane and not really looking to try it.

Basically, my skin isn't terrible, but it isn't great and that bugs me. I still have things to try and look into but..i've reached that point after years where I'm just. not optimistic about anything regarding my face.

...That was long. I'm sorry. Hey there... folks..and..stuff.

MemberMember
(@morganhkenneth)

Posted : 03/12/2013 6:12 am

You should appreciate on the little things that you have. Be always optimistic, everything has a way.

by the way, welcome