Notifications
Clear all

Pimples Only On One Cheek?

MemberMember
(@leroy123)

Posted : 02/19/2013 10:44 pm

For the past couple weeks I have been breaking out with little whiteheads ONLY on my left cheek. I'll randomly wake up with a few new ones scattered around my cheek. I've never had this happen before (I would usually just get regular sized ones).

I use benzoyl peroxide every night and it usually prevents larger ones but it isn't preventing these. I never touch that cheek with anything like my hand or phone and as far as I know I sleep equally on both sides. Why is this happening??

MemberMember
(@aurielle357)

Posted : 02/20/2013 3:50 pm

Do you always sleep on the same side? If so, then you need to be washing your pillow case quite a bit, having dirty cloth touching your cheek for eight or so hours could definitely cause zits.

MemberMember
(@leroy123)

Posted : 02/23/2013 11:10 am

This probably is the problem because I always wake up with them. But why would these new types of pimples just start all of a sudden when I'm 20 years old? They are the kinds of whiteheads that you can just scratch off of your skin but they still will leave a raised red mark for a day after. It's so weird that bp gel isn't taking care of these.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/23/2013 2:04 pm

Many people find that their acne is worse on one side. Unfortunately we honestly don't know the cause. People used to preach that it was because you touch that side more often, or because you sleep on that side, but honestly the research shows that isn't true. There is some internal reason why you are breaking out more on one side but science currently doesn't know why.