Notifications
Clear all

Questions About Jojoba Oil?

MemberMember
(@k-lilive-com)

Posted : 02/17/2013 7:28 pm

I've always had super oily skin, like my entire face would just be shining within 30 minutes of showering/washing my face, it's awful. I tried using milk of magnesia for a while, and it worked great, I went from being oily in 30 minutes to being able to up to 8 hours without running out to blot my face, but for some reason, after a few months of using it regularly, it just stopped working. Even when I use it, I'm back to being greasy after like 30 minutes to an hour.

I know milk of magnesia wouldn't be a permanent solution anyway, it's extremely alkaline and I know it's probably messed up my acid mantle, but it worked and I was just so desperate for being able to go out without worrying about how shiny my face is.

I hear jojoba oil is good for oily skin, but to what degree? Does it just work for people with mildly oily skin, or would it work for me, too?

Some other questions:

1) Which brand/product is the best? I've never really used aromatherapy oils on my skin, so I'm not sure how to pick, or if they're all the same.

2) Where can you get it? I'm really tempted to just be lazy and order online, but I don't know if I should for something I'm going to put on my face. I've just never really seen aromatherapy oils for sale ever, but I've never really looked for them specifically.

3) How do you use it? Does it act as a moisturizer, or one of those weekly/daily treatments that you wash off after a couple minutes?

4) Can you wear makeup over it?

Thanks for reading!

MemberMember
(@g5club)

Posted : 02/21/2013 11:27 am

Hey there! I was like you...I had SUPER oily skin. I was constantly having to blot my face with a papertowel to soak up all the oil. Since I started using the regimine (following step-by-step instructions) and adding the Jojoba oil to the moisterizer (the last step) my face has completely transformed! It's well balanced and clear. I add about 6 drops of the jojoba oil to one pump of the acne.org moisterizer. My face is really oiled up with the moisterizer but it soaks in and then the rest of the day it's super soft but not at all oily. I was worried about using the jojoba oil..actually I was worried about using moisterizer since I was so broke out but I can't believe how awesome my face looks and feels now!

Sorry..I didn't answer all the your questions.

1) I use the acne.org Jojoba oil along with the rest of the products Dan sells. They are amazing!! (Treatment cream, AHA, Jojoba oil and moisterizer). I don't use the cleanser because I don't wash my face with our well water. I use the Dickinson's Witch Hazel cleansing pads to wash my face and then follow up with the rest of the acne.org products. I follow the directions - making sure my face is totally dry between each step and rubbing very lightly!

2) I ordered it on Amazon.com (same price as on this site but I like using my amazon account).

3) I anwered this above..I blend about 6 drops of jojoba oil to my acne.org moisterizer and then spread it around my face lightly and then let the rest of it soak into my face. My face starts off all shiney and oiley but after a while it soaks in and then I can put my make-up on over it! I use the jojoba oil twice a day...in the morning and at night.

MemberMember
(@6n4m)

Posted : 02/24/2013 8:44 pm

Hey there! I was like you...I had SUPER oily skin. I was constantly having to blot my face with a papertowel to soak up all the oil. Since I started using the regimine (following step-by-step instructions) and adding the Jojoba oil to the moisterizer (the last step) my face has completely transformed! It's well balanced and clear. I add about 6 drops of the jojoba oil to one pump of the acne.org moisterizer. My face is really oiled up with the moisterizer but it soaks in and then the rest of the day it's super soft but not at all oily. I was worried about using the jojoba oil..actually I was worried about using moisterizer since I was so broke out but I can't believe how awesome my face looks and feels now!

Did it take your skin time to get used to this or were the results rather immediate?

I've been trying stuff like this in the last few days and it never really seems to soak in.

MemberMember
(@g5club)

Posted : 02/25/2013 9:12 am

Did it take your skin time to get used to this or were the results rather immediate?

I've been trying stuff like this in the last few days and it never really seems to soak in.

I noticed over the course of the day my face will absorb the moisterizer and oil. I don't wear make-up other than eye make-up and concealer around my nose (I have red veins on the sides of my nose I like to cover up)- so leaving the moisterizer/oil on without rubbing it all in and just letting it soak in - isn't an issue. There was one day I did get a call from a friend saying they were going to pop over and the moisterizer/oil hadn't absorbed all the way ...so I washed my hands and dried them and then rubbed the moisterizer/oil in the rest of the way. I would keep on using it like you are...I think your skin will get used to it. I just found pictures of myself with my two boys (May of last year, before starting regimen) and my face looks like an oil slick. They were taken early in the morning after I had washed it. My face was shinier and more oily in that pic than mid-day being on the regimen (using moisterizer/jojoba oil). I'm going to post the picture for you to see- also you will notice in the picture my face looks swollen in the chin area...I had a LOT of cyctic acne getting ready to pop up (my face hurt to smile). Compare the pic from last May to the pic that I just posted which I took in Feb, which is without make-up ..other than my eye make-up and concealer on sides of nose. I don't have face powder or foundation on (I can't wear that stuff..).

MemberMember
(@6n4m)

Posted : 02/25/2013 2:31 pm

I noticed over the course of the day my face will absorb the moisterizer and oil. I don't wear make-up other than eye make-up and concealer around my nose (I have red veins on the sides of my nose I like to cover up)- so leaving the moisterizer/oil on without rubbing it all in and just letting it soak in - isn't an issue. There was one day I did get a call from a friend saying they were going to pop over and the moisterizer/oil hadn't absorbed all the way ...so I washed my hands and dried them and then rubbed the moisterizer/oil in the rest of the way. I would keep on using it like you are...I think your skin will get used to it. I just found pictures of myself with my two boys (May of last year, before starting regimen) and my face looks like an oil slick. They were taken early in the morning after I had washed it. My face was shinier and more oily in that pic than mid-day being on the regimen (using moisterizer/jojoba oil). I'm going to post the picture for you to see- also you will notice in the picture my face looks swollen in the chin area...I had a LOT of cyctic acne getting ready to pop up (my face hurt to smile). Compare the pic from last May to the pic that I just posted which I took in Feb, which is without make-up ..other than my eye make-up and concealer on sides of nose. I don't have face powder or foundation on (I can't wear that stuff..).

Funny, I've tried using jojoba (a few drops anyway) and I've tried using moisturizer, and neither soaked in at all. But I haven't tried using the two at the same time.

Well, I did today and it actually did soak into my skin. Not perfectly, my skin is still kind of gross, but it is an improvement. And it's strange, they really seem to soak in only when applied together.

I ended up rubbing it in a lot (gently) because it seemed like it wasn't absorbing at first, so I'll try less rubbing next time.

EDIT: I just looked at your pictures. You look great! Great improvement with your skin! The before picture (with your sons, congrats on their graduation by the way!) reminds me a bit too much of my skin though...

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 02/25/2013 3:05 pm

NOW Foods Jojoba Oil. It is food-grade, expeller-pressed, hexane-free, all that good stuff. Available on Amazon.