Notifications
Clear all

Thinking Of Trying Proactiv Plus.

MemberMember
(@rayc880)

Posted : 11/11/2013 12:31 pm

I used to use proactiv way back when and my face loved it, then I got off of it to see if I can handle other products... My acne came back, so at that point I went back to proactiv and started using their new proactiv at the time, which is now their regular proactiv. I began only using it at night when I take a shower and if I get oily during the day I use the proactiv oil blotter sheets. I try not to mess with my skin too much... I also started getting this laser treatment regularly like every 3 months called n-lite which not only prevents acne but also makes your skin nice. It gets eventually gets rid of craters and scars. After 6 months from the time I started back on proactiv and started getting laser treatments, my face is awesome. I gotta spread my experience if it helps others. I know how it is. I've tried everything. Oh, got to also mention you should have a general workout routine drink lots of water and of course eat right.

MemberMember
(@halley-l)

Posted : 11/16/2013 9:17 pm

This is in response to Lady Duck's post:

Your results sound so promising! That gives me hope. I am waiting for my 5-pack of Proactiv+ to arrive. I tried the old Proactive several years ago and it stopped working for me. I am wondering what kind of SFP you have been able to find, specifically for your face, that doesn't make you break out. I have been unable to find an SPF for acne-prone skin. Please let me know what you have been using. Many thanks. smile.png

This was Lady Duck's post (I'm sorry - I can't seem to figure out how to respond to a post):

I'm 30 years old and still have acne (the really fun hormonal kind), whiteheads & some scarring. Growing up on the beach, I also have some sun damage/discoloring and now some small wrinkles starting...did I mention I also have a pregnancy mask around my mouth? Yeah, my skin is awesome:p I needed something that would not only battle the acne but also marks and aging. I tried everything (even the regular pro active years ago) with zero success. BUT I'm now on DAY 7 using Pro Active Plus and I am one happy girl!!

So I got the 3 step program and got the mark fading pads, the mask and eye brightening serum as the free gifts. On the first use it gave my skin that really good tingle/burny feeling but had ZERO irritation or tightness, just a clean glow. The free mark fading pads only had 5 in the box, so I decided to save these for treatment every other night. By Day 3 I had a few stubborn pimples finally come to the surface and leave without a mark. My whitehead patches were 80% gone. The skin around my eyes was much softer, less tired looking. My over all skin was super soft with still no excessive drying. Day 5 I noticed my pregnancy mask and marks were much much lighter. I also did a full "shed" on this day when I washed my face. It was like a full layer of dead skin was just falling of my face and neck. This went on for Day 5 and 6 but completed it's cycle today and what I see in the mirror is much healthier, clearer, softer, even skin and the lines around my eyes are much softer already. I have NO new breakouts and the old ones are just gone! I definitely needed a high SPF sunblock, which we should wear anyway, but exposure to the sun was the only time I felt sensitivity & got red. I got an SPF 40 and that did the trick. I'm super hopeful that I'll keep moving in a positive direction with this product and that it keeps working so well. As of now I would highly recommend giving it a try!

MemberMember
(@shelly118)

Posted : 12/11/2013 7:22 am

I used the original Proactiv system for about 5 years with mostly good results. It was the only thing I'd ever tried that really cut down my acne almost to zero. At first my skin was awesome, but as I entered my 30s, my skin began to dry out and the products didn't seem as effective. I found myself needing to add multiple products to the 3 step system: to combat the dryness, I added the Green Tea Moisturizer, and found myself needing an eye cream and lip balm in order for my skin in those areas not to crack. I still needed an occasional spot treatment like Clearasil or Mario Bedescu, and I was left with pesky pink marks when pimples finally cleared up, so I began using the dark spot corrector. I realized how out of control it got when I would travel on an airplane and I'd have to squeeze 8 different products into tiny containers so I would clear security! Sometimes I would even go to bed without washing my face, as using 8 different products was too exhausting after a particularly hectic day, but then I would need a mask the next day to clear out what my overnight makeup had left behind. Yeesh!

When I saw the commercial for Proactiv Plus and heard that it was more moisturizing, I decided to give it a go, hoping it would help me cut down on products. Today is day three and I am thrilled so far! First of all, what an improvement in the packaging! I hated the original Proactiv bottles, as the caps always shattered when I inevitably dropped one the floor. These new bottles are awesome: sturdy, well designed, and make me feel like I'm treating myself to a fancy facial! The products feel good going on. The exfoliating wash is not as harsh as the original, but you can still feel some tiny beads. I didn't have any current blemishes when I started using it, but I did have some pink marks that have almost completely disappeared in just two days. My face looks brighter and I barely got any t-zone shine throughout the day (usually I have to blot an oil sick a couple of times per day). My skin feels a little dry around my eyes and mouth, so I have continued to use my eye cream and lip balm, but I've been able to say goodbye to all of the other products...what a relief! These products actually make me look forward to washing my face. Still no new blemishes popping up. It's a winner so far! If anything changes I will let you guys know.

MemberMember
(@adan2008)

Posted : 12/11/2013 1:11 pm

I'm thinking about trying Proactiv +. I'm 35 and have battled with acne all my life. Currently I'm on spironolactone and use Aczone gel along with Neutrogena pink grapefruit acne wash (salicyllic acid). I suffer from hormonal acne (cystic) which is inflamed by stress and have added excerise and yoga to my rountine along with eating better.

My skin has tolerated a lot over the years and I do suffer from winter dryness. Should I give this a try? I'm desperate to have clear skin!

MemberMember
(@kaystevens)

Posted : 12/13/2013 5:35 am

Just a little about my lifestyle, I eat fairly healthy, I exercise, and I drink a ton of water! My acne is mainly hormonal. I have combination skin, dry on the outer, and oily in my t-zone. (Oil blotting sheets are my friend)

I used regular Proactiv in the past. It worked, but was very drying, like others have said. I got sucked into the commercial for Proactiv plus and have been using it since the end of October. when I first started using this product, there was a minor improvement the first week. I loved the look and texture of all the products. The new wash is creamy and thicker than the original. The target treatment is a bit gritty but looks effective, and the cream feels light, yet thick and feels fresh when I first apply it. It just all around looked and felt like a better version of the original. I took a before picture, and I just looked at it and compared it to what I saw in the mirror. Let me tell you, I am horrified! I thought my acne was bad then, now it has turned into a real problem. I have it on my forehead now(which I did not before) big cystic like pimples, plus I have it on my cheeks! I normally got it around my chin and jawline. I'm ending up having to spend more money on makeup to try and cover it up when I go to work and that's just no fun. My acne is now always in the forefront of my mind. It's impossible to cover up and i can tell you right now, I will not be using this product anymore. Not to mention the fact, that no matter how careful I am, the product gets into my hairline and eyebrows, which has completely ruined them. I'm going to look into trying something else. Preferably something without BP. This product just isn't working for me. Really happy that it is working for others though, at least someone is getting positive results right?

MemberMember
(@heather3)

Posted : 12/14/2013 10:13 am

1.) Acne-causing bacteria flourishes in the intestines, so starting in your core take high doses of probiotics (found at health food store).

2.) St. Ives apricot peach scrub for acne is a great exfoliant and it's cheap.

3.) You def. need to get iSkin microdermabrasion kit. It made my skin even, small-pored, and stopped most of the acne except for the adult acne cysts. Use this twice a week.

4.) Get some 10% benzoyl peroxide zapzyt is the best. Use it sparingly, because it is drying. Maybe just use it on the big pimples. After a while your skin gets used to it, but it makes your skin a little red even then. Lay a clean towel on your pillow at night.

5.) Get your 64 ounces of water daily.

6.) Moisturize. I don't like to because my face is oily in 30 mins. but it is actually worse if I don't.

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 12/17/2013 11:03 am

Kaystevens, sorry to hear Proactiv Plus did not work for you. If you think the BP is causing your acne due to excessive irritation, dryness, sensitivity etc. I would absolutely NOT do the Acne.org regimen as it calls for a very large quantity of BP, which sounds like it would make your condition MUCH worse.

MemberMember
(@greggaravani)

Posted : 12/18/2013 12:04 am

I'd hold off on the ProActiv and instead try to get to the root of your acne problem.

Find out what's causing it in your case...and go from there.

ProActiv is a very short term solution. Their products temporarily relieve acne, but also cause acne. It's how they make money. If you no longer had acne, they'd no longer have your money. They send you a kit every month, which in theory, should be unnecessary.

Again, I'd try to get to the root of your acne problem before buying any products which are just putting a temporary blanket of sorts over the real, bigger issue.

What's your diet like? What do you eat? Do you exercise?

I couldn't disagree more, acne isn't caused by diet or lifestyle choices. Studies show the hormones in milk can contribute to breakouts along with excess amount of sodium consumed. Fitness activities can promote breakouts because the body perspires, traps in body heat and produces extra oil in the skin that can lead to breakouts. So using a salicylic acid wash (1% or 2%) for the face and body is crucial after working out/physical activities!

Acne is genetic and is always silently occurring beneath our pores when it gets clogged by a combination of dead skin/sebum (oil). Do NOT blame yourself for acne, it is NOT your fault. Bobby obviously has no clue and is unfair he would make the assumptions that you're consciously making decisions that lead to breakouts.

Benzoyl peroxide is the gold standard in killing p. acne, the bacteria that causes all those breakouts. It works beneath the pores to fight off bacteria, so it's also important to use a salicylic wash (especially for oily skin) to help shed off dead skin that can lead to clogged pores. Be sure to use an oil control if you have oily/combination skin, as well as moisturizing! Most people forget, however pick an oil free/non-comedogenic moisturizer with SPF and keep your skin hydrated! Your body produces extra oils when your skins been deprived of moisture and that leads to more breakouts.

Proactiv uses a special patented benzoyl peroxide called micros-crystals BP, those penetrate further into the skin. However benzoyl peroxide over the counter sometimes can be just as effective if used correctly, regardless if 2% or 10%, they will work the same. Personally, stick with 2.5%, use it for 3 months to see complete results. You'll always breakout within the first month because of the 'flare-up' period but will clear after. I've been using for 10 years and everyone knows me as, 'Greg with the great skin'.

Hope all works out and you enjoy your recovery out of acne! ^.^

MemberMember
(@acneprobs303)

Posted : 12/18/2013 7:31 pm

So I was super excited to try this product.. But not to happy with it so far. I'm only on week two. When I first started using it I had my monthly. And I had some pretty bad brake outs. Even thought I'm only on week two I don't think I like it. The old proactive would have cleared me up by now. And I liked that about the old proactive. Proactive plus is drying my face pretty bad. For the price, I don't care for it. Probably would not buy this again.

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 12/19/2013 2:40 pm

So I was super excited to try this product.. But not to happy with it so far. I'm only on week two. When I first started using it I had my monthly. And I had some pretty bad brake outs. Even thought I'm only on week two I don't think I like it. The old proactive would have cleared me up by now. And I liked that about the old proactive. Proactive plus is drying my face pretty bad. For the price, I don't care for it. Probably would not buy this again.

Proactiv Plus isn't a one week solution. It usually takes 4 weeks and in some stubborn cases 6-8 weeks to see clear skin. An initial breakout is also possible because the treatment is working to unclog your pores. The acne you are experiencing now started forming 2-4 weeks ago before you started Proactiv Plus. The medication is penetrating and unclogging your pores, which were already clogged weeks before you even started Proactiv Plus. You need to be patient and give it another 2-6 weeks before being assured the Proactiv Plus isn't just unclogging pores that were already previously clogged before starting the treatment.

MemberMember
(@kaystevens)

Posted : 12/20/2013 4:11 pm

So after a little bit of passive aggressive conversation with Proactiv customer service, I cancelled my account with them.

Here is the problem with Proactiv for the customer. It takes at least 3 weeks to even know if a product is going to work for you. AT LEAST! Then, they send you a 90-day supply, which costs over 100 bucks. You get 30 days to send the product back, at a complete and utter hassle. Yeah, they cancelled my account(except that I have 2 more payments) and he wouldn't let me return my unused product for a refund. Now I have a 90-day supply of the 3-step system, sitting in my cabinet, that is costing me hundreds of dollars. I also want to comment on the fact that the guy I talked too, argued with me on which products contained BP. In the case of Proactiv plus, there is BP in step 1 and 2, and this guy was trying to tell me that it was only in 2. I mean, REALLY!?! I'm looking right at the bottle. Then he spent another 10 mins trying to get me to continue it. How many times do I have to say. "It doesn't work for me".

Just a heads up to those of you thinking of trying it. I'm telling you, they are the worst and the most manipulative, when it comes to customer service. Unless it works for the consumer, it's hell. I will never use Proactiv. Ever. Again.

On that note, I just started taking probiotics, as suggested by someone above and I'm trying the regime as well. Fingers crossed.

MemberMember
(@ttorres)

Posted : 12/21/2013 2:02 am

Proactive is only a temporary solution to acne, it doesn't solve the root of the issue.

Taking a quick fix is convenient but try combining it (women) with evening prim rose oil 1300 mg daily, it worked for myself and a few others very well, in a months time I saw a major difference. Men can combine proactive with dhea, or fish oil+GLA.

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 12/23/2013 10:19 am

So after a little bit of passive aggressive conversation with Proactiv customer service, I cancelled my account with them.

Here is the problem with Proactiv for the customer. It takes at least 3 weeks to even know if a product is going to work for you. AT LEAST! Then, they send you a 90-day supply, which costs over 100 bucks. You get 30 days to send the product back, at a complete and utter hassle. Yeah, they cancelled my account(except that I have 2 more payments) and he wouldn't let me return my unused product for a refund. Now I have a 90-day supply of the 3-step system, sitting in my cabinet, that is costing me hundreds of dollars. I also want to comment on the fact that the guy I talked too, argued with me on which products contained BP. In the case of Proactiv plus, there is BP in step 1 and 2, and this guy was trying to tell me that it was only in 2. I mean, REALLY!?! I'm looking right at the bottle. Then he spent another 10 mins trying to get me to continue it. How many times do I have to say. "It doesn't work for me".

Just a heads up to those of you thinking of trying it. I'm telling you, they are the worst and the most manipulative, when it comes to customer service. Unless it works for the consumer, it's hell. I will never use Proactiv. Ever. Again.

On that note, I just started taking probiotics, as suggested by someone above and I'm trying the regime as well. Fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear Proactiv Plus gave you such a hard time. I recently switched from the Acne.org Regimen to Proactiv Plus because after 5 years I was really tired of spending 30 minutes both morning and evening on my skin even though I achieved completely clear skin. I was looking for an equally effective but significantly more efficient treatment and Proactiv Plus has been the answer.

I stopped the Acne.org Regimen completely one day and just cleansed and moisturized but after 6 weeks my acne came back. I started Proactiv Plus two weeks and am seeing good improvement. Although I'm currently experiencing a small initial breakout due to the benzoyl peroxide unclogging my previously clogged pores, I'm confident that within another 4 weeks I'll be well on my way to consistently clear skin like I achieved on the acne.org regimen achieved in a more efficient manner.

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 01/06/2014 11:48 am

I too just got charged for products that I never bought. I'm the third person on this thread alone who has been charged for items I never ordered or received. My skin has taken a turn for the worse after originally seeing a reduction in my acne and thinking Proactiv Plus might be the more efficient solution for me. I have already ordered the Acne.org regimen once again to ensure I have clear skin.

Proactiv customer service is terrible and you have to watch out to make sure you aren't charged for products you never ordered.

I tried the original Proactiv once ten years ago and it didn't help my acne. Therefore I'm not surprised that after a little initial improvement, the new Proactiv Plus isn't working either.

MemberMember
(@alisharenee)

Posted : 01/06/2014 9:58 pm

I would advise against Proactiv at all costs! While it may be effective at first it's soooo drying on your skin and the chemicals in it irritate your skin as well. Not only that, but if you use it you will risk making your acne worse. It's sort of the same concept as using antibiotics for an extended period of time. The bacteria may become immune or evolve and the BP in Proactiv will eventually become totally useless. This was my personal experience with Proactiv. When I first started on the normal Proactiv regimen it worked pretty well. About a year into it my face started breaking out suddenly for no apparent reason, so I increased to the stronger form of Proactiv in an attempt to gain control of my skin again. That was a BAD idea. I consulted a friend of mine who is a M.D. and they told me that the bacteria that causes acne can actually become resistant to topical BP and eventually it would be totally useless. So, while it may seem like it works at first, eventually it will run it's course and stop working altogether. All bacteria can eventually become resistant to antibiotics, so just apply that concept to BP and it really does make sense. Just my personal thoughts on the matter, but either way I wish you the best of luck.

MemberMember
(@eldaliee)

Posted : 01/12/2014 6:07 pm

Hi

I am curious of trying Proactiv+ just for keeping skin in a good shape.

I have a mixed skin type - oily and dry in the eyes area. But my skin has always been problematic, and I have tried different kinds of treatment.

So, as I am coming from another part of the world (Central Asia), I just wanted to share one very effective ointment that always helps me. My dermatologist has offered it to me by secret, and since then I am using it when I have some acne or pimples that are big and achy. It is a chloramphenicol ointment (10%) which is normally not sold in the US pharmacies due to the occupation of the market by some brands who sell their products containing benzole peroxide and salycilic acid, but still can be found in the pharmacies that import this ointment from Russia.

MemberMember
(@turquoisepet)

Posted : 01/15/2014 9:35 am

I am incredibly disappointed in proactiv +'s business practices. I never once authorized 90 day supplies to be charged to my credit card. I have interacted with several representatives who never once mentioned that this was your policy.

I was told over the phone by one of your representatives that I "obviously [had] acne" and should want to continue your product. I found this practice of coercion incredibly degrading.

If you're thinking of ordering, watch out. They'll send you items you never ordered which will find their way to your bill. I would try something else to avoid running into their shady business practices

If you ordered from their website it does clearly state before checkout:

"Starting 30 days from your order date, you'll receive a new 90-day supply of our Proactiv+ 3-Step System every 3 months at the guaranteed price of $29.95 plus $2.99 shipping and handling per month, which will conveniently be charged to the card you provide today unless you call to cancel. There is no commitment and no minimum to buy. To customize this program or future shipments and charges, call customer service anytime at 1-800-309-4796. Every Proactiv+ order comes with our 60-day Money Back Guarantee less shipping and handling"

And it always has.

MemberMember
(@blahvixen)

Posted : 01/21/2014 4:42 pm

I am incredibly disappointed in proactiv +'s business practices. I never once authorized 90 day supplies to be charged to my credit card. I have interacted with several representatives who never once mentioned that this was your policy.

I was told over the phone by one of your representatives that I "obviously [had] acne" and should want to continue your product. I found this practice of coercion incredibly degrading.

If you're thinking of ordering, watch out. They'll send you items you never ordered which will find their way to your bill. I would try something else to avoid running into their shady business practices.

If you look on their website it says after 30 days they will auto send you a 90 day supply. I just ordered Proactiv plus today but I will most likely immediately cancel as soon as I receive the product since I like testing out stuff. I currently just started Proactiv again.......I noticed when I was a teen that my acne was bad and used it however I'm now in my 30s and decided to go back on it. When I was a teen and forgot to continue the products daily......the product became ineffective. Nowadays, I'm consistent with the product and hope that the Proactiv plus kit will be just as great or better!

MemberMember
(@rivera16990)

Posted : 02/11/2014 4:30 am

I've used the system when it was first announced so around last year. It's definitely and improvement over the original proactiv. I used the original proactiv since 7th grade, it worked wonders for my skin, but it became too drying. So I contacted proactiv around a year ago and asked them if they had any other systems that I could try out that doesn't dry out my skin that much. They recommended to me the proactiv+ and I got it. The first step of the new system is amazing! It feels great on your skin and it feels like it's working! The second step is a much better step than the second step in the original proactiv! It feels very smooth when you put it on, and it doesn't irritate my skin! The third step is by far my favorite, it feels very smooth, it glides on like gel and you can feel how smooth it is! And the best part is that it even brightens your skin tone, and it doesn't have benzoyl peroxide in the last step! I would highly recommend proactiv+. If you don't want irritated skin then get the new system!

MemberMember
(@donotorderfromgrc)

Posted : 02/11/2014 12:48 pm

If you're thinking about trying Proactiv+, check out this website first.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cosmetics/proactiv.html

I really liked the new moisturizer that comes in the Proactiv+ kit, however, I had an awful experience with Guthy Reunker Co.

I ordered the 30 days trial kit for one time payment of $30, I hadn't even opened the box and tried the product, when I received the 90 day supply box.

I called & spoke to a representative who told me I'd get a full refund if I didn't like the first 30day supply. (She failed to mention that I would still be charged every month fir this 2nd supply i didn't request or even open...I had to find that detail out when my account was still being charged.)

When I called a 3rd time I was told the only way to cancel & be refunded was to PAY to ship back the 90day supply I never wanted or asked for in the first place! I was so angry but just wanted to be done with this GRC Nightmare, so I paid to return the 90day supply & purchased tracking so I'd know they received it! A few days later, my account was credited & I was so relieved. (2 deductions of $25.95)

However, the GRC Nightmare wasn't over yet! Checking my account on 1/23 I noticed a Pending transaction for "Proactiv+ GRC", immediately I contacted my bank alerting them to the UNAPPROVED Charge to my account, they were wonderful & stayed they'd handle the matter & I made sure that GRC no longer had any access to my accounts. A few days later I received a box from Proactiv+, & a week after that an email from Proactiv+ stating that I have a balance with them due to my Cancellation. I called to ask why I was receiving another shipment from them, I was told that telling them you wanted to cancel & returning your order DOES NOT cancel your subscription. Kevin who i spoke with was rude & I informed him I would not be paying AGAIN to return product that I did not want or order. I was told I would revive a prepaid return label in the mail, we'll see!

PLEASE BE WARNED, if you want to try this product be very specific about what you're ordering & NO NOT let them consume your time & money like they have with mine & so many others.

Do Not Order From GRC.

MemberMember
(@lynn3994)

Posted : 02/19/2014 1:11 am

I started using proactiv plus about 5 weeks ago and it has only made my skin worse. I've been starting to get cystic acne which I have never had before. I have used the original proactiv in the past which usually kept my skin clear but also made it very dry at times. I'm still on the lookout for something that will finally work for my skin but in the meantime I'm probably going to go back to the original proactiv because despite the dryness at least my skin will clear up. But bottom line I definitely do not recommend proactiv plus.

MemberMember
(@colormeblind)

Posted : 03/01/2014 5:07 pm

I'd hold off on the ProActiv and instead try to get to the root of your acne problem.

Find out what's causing it in your case...and go from there.

ProActiv is a very short term solution. Their products temporarily relieve acne, but also cause acne. It's how they make money. If you no longer had acne, they'd no longer have your money. They send you a kit every month, which in theory, should be unnecessary.

Again, I'd try to get to the root of your acne problem before buying any products which are just putting a temporary blanket of sorts over the real, bigger issue.

What's your diet like? What do you eat? Do you exercise?

I am not sure where you exactly get your information from but speaking from someone that has used the product and has had long term success with it I can disagree with you completely. It does not cause acne. There is obviously no ONE system that works for everyone and although many have said it does not work for them it has worked for many other people. To say that one should not try it, in the form of advice, is doing nothing but hurting that person. What if they were one of the people who would benefit from it...

Yes they do send you a kit every month but you can change it. Acne is an ongoing thing. I have never been told by them or have read any literature that says they will cure you after one kit use. It is really frustrating to read comments like this that make absolutely no sense. Does it work... for some yes, but not for everyone. Just like everything else in life.

MemberMember
(@carlyyy15)

Posted : 03/02/2014 12:42 pm

I've been using proactiv plus for about a month now. So far it's been great! My acne is mild, no cysts of anything but it's never fully clear I always have some on my chin or cheeks. when I started my cheeks were starting to breakout pretty bad with some deep pimples. A month later they are gone and my acne scars on my cheeks are lightening. Right now my chin is breaking out (I can never seem to keep it clear) but I think it's because I'm on my period. My forehead always has little bumps and those are starting to clear up. So far the proactiv has really helped and my skin feels healthy. The products are not heavy but they do someone's make me a little dry so I also use a moisturizer with the regime. I would recommend it! Worth the money

MemberMember
(@sydneecjones)

Posted : 03/04/2014 9:24 pm

I absolutely love Proactiv Plus. In fact I created this accout JUST to tell about how much I love it. I have had it for a total of 9 days and my acne is GONE. Before proactiv plus I struggled to find anything that would help my acne even the slightest bit. Nothing ever worked for more then 2 days. While using proactiv plus I have had only ONE pimple that was considerably smaller than my normal acne and was gone the next morning. My face is clearer than ever and I finally feel confident with it. It has even started to help fade my acne scars!

MemberMember
(@hurley71)

Posted : 03/10/2014 12:42 am

as ive read on these posts a lot of people are apprehensive at first to try proactiv plus. im a 31 year old male who has dealt with mild to serious acne at times (think of a 13 year old kid going through puberty). that about sums up with what ive dealt with on and off for years. i have oily dark skin, very italian, mediterranean skin tone, so im one of the lucky ones that any pimple will leave a dark mark after its gone. ive been using proactiv plus for only about 2 weeks and already i can see a difference. any breakouts i had are going away very quickly and im getting no new pimples, deep painful or just a regular whithead. the marks i had from previous pimples are fading with the pads that were a free gift (only used them twice) and with the new formulas. even with oily skin, the the treatments and moisturizer are leaving my skin softer and clearer. now dont get me wrong, the pimples are going away but they are leaving them a little more red but thats just because my skin is looking and feeling healthy and not super dry from caking on bp day and night. i tried the original proactiv and it didnt work so dont be discouraged by that at all. i hope this helps anyone looking to make a decision on the product. ive spent truckloads of money on everything and anything. i tried murad, exposed skincare, oil of olay, st ives etc and every type of topical application and combination possible. spent tons of money and this is by far treating my skin better than i ever could have hoped for. acne has definitely affected my life too long, from not going out cause i thought everyone would notice every little bump on my face, to going to dinners in dimly lit places. i finally had enough and needed to try something different and couldnt be happier. i used to be too proud, n just said time would cure it all and it never happened. i took a chance but well worth it, acne isnt something i would wish on my worst enemy, cause it just destroys self confidence and at times runs our lives as much as we'd not like to admit it. its not easy being a male and in construction worrying when i can wash my face at work but this product has def put that line of thinking aside. anyone looking to try something new, i hope this helps and works for you as much as it has worked for me so far........any questions feel free to ask