Notifications
Clear all

Miserable....

MemberMember
(@nikki1586)

Posted : 02/05/2013 9:34 pm

Hi All- I am finally here to introduce myself, as I have read so many posts from this website. I am 26 years old and suffer from severe acne!! I had my first breakout when I was about 11 years old- and had to start wearing cover-up and foundation in 4th and 5th grade. Nothing ever seemed to help....my mother brought me to the dermotologist soo many times and I was on various medications-oral and topical. I'm having a hard time remembering but I don't think anything ever really worked...or if it did, it worked for a little while and then I was put back on a different medication. I was put on Accutane around the age of 16..and I remember how dry it used to make my lips, where I could peel the skin off, layer by layer. Thinking back I can't really remember if it ever truly worked- because I continued to have acne, regardless of my menstrual periods/time of the month. I always found that in the summer months (I live in NY), my face would get pretty tan and clear up...but by the time school started in September, my face would break out so bad I would not even want to start school. I would also avoid people, sleep-overs, parties, etc, whereas til this day I do not have many friends, due to my acne and how badly it made me feel. Every single year of my life since age 11 has been the same thing...over and over again.... In the winter months my face is a horror scene. I was pretty happy this past summer (2012),as my face looked pretty good and I felt like my acne would finally go away, but that wasn't true. I guess I'm pretty okay at applying makeup these days to cover up all my acne, as I've had 15 years of experience....ugh.....I am so miserable from this skin "disease."

This past November 2012, my face was getting SOOO bad that I went to an urgent care doctor on a Friday night and was prescribed Minocyclin. Well that medication caused me to have vertigo pretty badly, and I had to stop it after 2 days, and the vertigo stayed with me for about a week and I almost lost my job because of calling out sick (even with a doctor's note!!). During my vertigo and feeling psychotic for a week I found some blood work that I had from March 2012 and it said I had high liver enzymes. I did research and found that there may be a correlation between liver and acne, therefore I immediately made an appointment wtih an Internal Medicine doctor. I told htem my concerns, and they told me that liver problems and acne had absolutely no relation whatevsoer. Anyway, I got blood work done and had a physical and they said I'm perfectly healthy (my liver enzymes in December came back normal). I am not convinced at all because i still have SEVERE acne this winter, it just keeps getting worse, and i NEED to find out answers as soon as possible. About 2 weeks ago I went to an Allergist to find out if any of the foods I've been eating cause my breakouts and acne, because when I jused to eat pasta or wheat- my face would itch a lot, so now I'm thinking that my acne could be related to allergies?

Anyway- the Allergist told me that acne and allergies are not related either. Ugh. I'm stumped once again!!! I get all my allergy blood testing rsults back next week. I could care less even gooing to pick up the results because I know that they won't find anythign wrong with me either....

Okay to get to the point of my post (I truly do apologize for writing so much- I am just a miserable, sad person about my acne and I am crying while writing this, and I need all the answers I can get!)......I eat a very balanced diet. I consume fruits and vegetables all day long- I even juice my veggies and fruits- I eat organic- I stopped eating pasta and breads. I stopped drinking milk at age 18- and I have slowly started to eliminate dairy from my diet (I will eat coconut milk ice cream, which is amazing instead). I have been moisturzing with Cetaphil at night, and right now I only use Simple to take my makeup off at night as well. I have been trying to keep my face hydrated as much as possible, as i hear that the winter can cause breakouts from the dry air, etc. I also have a humidifier-but I never felt that it worked either. I take an organic multivitamin and a probiotic (someone once told me acne could be caused by a yeast build up,plus i have digestion issues as well). SO what else could I possibly do to help eliminate the acne?

Help!! What else should I be doing to stop my SEVERREE acne? I also started to break out very badly all over the sides of my neck this winter, which is very new for me. NOTHING is working at all for me, just getting worse. I will be 27 years old in May and my mother told me when I was 15 that by the time I was 18 or 19- that the acne would be gone!!!! (I know she was just trying to be hopeful) I'm almost 30..... God Help me.....or someone!!

I made an appointment with an Alternative Medicine Nutritionist for tomorrow at 12pm. I'm sooo nervous that he will also tell me that my bloodwork is fine...etc... But physically- we can all see how ugly my face really is, it is so bumpy and acney. I really hope to find answers because I cannot afford anymore doctor visits...... this is getting wayyyy too expensive...

Thanks for letting me vent...Any feedback would be helpful...: )

MemberMember
(@lagirl95)

Posted : 02/06/2013 12:19 am

Have you tried the Regimen from Daniel Kerns? I had horrible hormonal acne that many of the prescribed medicine and expensive facial cleanser did not work for me. And trust me, I tried everything. But about 2 months ago, I bought the Regimen from this site and it worked! The first month was very difficult to get through because of the initial purging stage but after that I was completely clear! Try it out...I hope it works for you too!

MemberMember
(@nikki1586)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:18 pm

Hi LAgirl, No I have not tried the regimin from Daniel Kerns. I seriously think I have given up on all kinds of topical treatments and medications because NOTHING has ever worked.....or if it did work...it stopped working once I stopped the meds or creams, etc. And the fact that you said your first month was very difficult to get through because of the initial purging stage......I seriously would not be able to handle that at this point. I need something that clears my face and does not make my face worse before it gets better..... My face honestly cannot get any worse, and if it did but using another product- I really do not know how I would want to wake up in the morning. But thank you for ur suggestion....If nothing else works in a few months, then maybe I will give it a try! : )

I actually went to see the Nutritionist today and he did Nutrition Response Testing on me. I had an amazing appointment with the nutritionist- it was about a 2 1/2 hr appointment of collecting information, my food, diet, exercise, mental and physical health. I get all my results from the Nutrition Response TEsting on Monday. I am convinced that he is my last resort....I just can't stand crying every single night anymore.....

MemberMember
(@coconutkai12)

Posted : 02/08/2013 11:46 pm

Hello! I would recommend accutane which is an isorientation capsule that clears all acne in a period of 6-8 months

MemberMember
(@nikki1586)

Posted : 04/14/2013 7:47 pm

Coconutkai- I used Accutane when I was about 15-16years old. Very bad experience, my lips were super dry, face was soo dry. I still remember avoiding people, losing friends and not going out with friends because my face was so infested with acne. I won't do that again...

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 04/14/2013 7:57 pm

Coconutkai- I used Accutane when I was about 15-16years old. Very bad experience, my lips were super dry, face was soo dry. I still remember avoiding people, losing friends and not going out with friends because my face was so infested with acne. I won't do that again...

Did it not work? You didn't get any remission?

MemberMember
(@nikki1586)

Posted : 04/14/2013 7:59 pm

Did it not work? You didn't get any remission?

I honestly do not remember... I am 26...going to be 27 in May... it was quite a while ago. I don't chose to take anymore medications, I also would not be able to handle the side effects at this moment.

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 04/14/2013 8:02 pm

I honestly do not remember... I am 26...going to be 27 in May... it was quite a while ago. I don't chose to take anymore medications, I also would not be able to handle the side effects at this moment.

ah sorry to hear that. Do you remember if you completed the whole course? Some people need repeat courses to sucessfully put it in permanent remission.

How come you don't want to take medication for it?

You might want to try Blue Light if your acne responds well to sunshine.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/14/2013 8:08 pm

If it haven't got any better, you should really try the acne.org regimen.

I was doubting it too. I have had REALLY bad acne (like it looked like my face was swollen. Cystic acne).

I had cystic acne on my face, back and chest. I have had acne for about 5 years. It started slowly getting better 3 years ago.

4 months ago it still looked terrible, but after using the regimen and now starting AHA+, I have finally got almost clear (like 1-2 small zits a week. No cystic any more. I have some backne still (not using it there though), but I don't care as long as my face and chest are clear.

What helped for me was eliminating sugars and milk (I don't know why, but I believe it works for my cysts): no science behind it

What I recommend for you is trying the acne.org regimen, follow it precisely for 3-4 months; you got nothing to lose..

If you do decide to try it out; order jojoba oil too. You wont regret it.

Best of luck.

MemberMember
(@nikki1586)

Posted : 04/14/2013 8:16 pm

I was doubting it too. I have had REALLY bad acne (like it looked like my face was swollen. Cystic acne).

I had cystic acne on my face, back and chest. I have had acne for about 5 years. It started slowly getting better 3 years ago.

4 months ago it still looked terrible, but after using the regimen and now starting AHA+, I have finally got almost clear (like 1-2 small zits a week. No cystic any more. I have some backne still (not using it there though), but I don't care as long as my face and chest are clear.

What helped for me was eliminating sugars and milk (I don't know why, but I believe it works for my cysts): no science behind it

What I recommend for you is trying the acne.org regimen, follow it precisely for 3-4 months; you got nothing to lose..

Best of luck.

Hi- I went to a health store the other day and they told me that Jojoba Oil would break me out more.... so I bought Tea Tree Oil and it's really helping to clear up the 12 cystic acne that was all over my chin/jawline area. I stopped gluten/wheat/refined sugars/processed foods approximately 9 weeks ago. My face is still breaking out, BUT they are healing quicker....I know that sounds weird, but it is somewhat of an improvement..... Hopefully soon they will heal and NEVER come back....wow, wouldn't that be a DREAM! : )

what ingredients are in the Regimen? Also does it make your face WORSE before it gets better? Because my face is so bad right now, I can't possibly try ANYTHING that "could" make it worse-before it gets better.

ah sorry to hear that. Do you remember if you completed the whole course? Some people need repeat courses to sucessfully put it in permanent remission.

How come you don't want to take medication for it?

You might want to try Blue Light if your acne responds well to sunshine.

What is Blue Light? Maybe I wil give it a try.... It's almost summer time... so Im hoping the sunshine will help me out in the next few weeks.... I will not try Accutane again. thanks for the suggestion though. : ) Are you on accutane?

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 04/14/2013 8:30 pm

What is Blue Light? Maybe I wil give it a try.... It's almost summer time... so Im hoping the sunshine will help me out in the next few weeks.... I will not try Accutane again. thanks for the suggestion though. : ) Are you on accutane?

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 04/14/2013 8:33 pm

Best of luck.

Hi- I went to a health store the other day and they told me that Jojoba Oil would break me out more.... so I bought Tea Tree Oil and it's really helping to clear up the 12 cystic acne that was all over my chin/jawline area. I stopped gluten/wheat/refined sugars/processed foods approximately 9 weeks ago. My face is still breaking out, BUT they are healing quicker....I know that sounds weird, but it is somewhat of an improvement..... Hopefully soon they will heal and NEVER come back....wow, wouldn't that be a DREAM! : )

what ingredients are in the Regimen? Also does it make your face WORSE before it gets better? Because my face is so bad right now, I can't possibly try ANYTHING that "could" make it worse-before it gets better.

Jojoba oil wont make you break out. Period.

All the ingredients to the regimen ( http://www.danielkern.com/ ) are precisely chosen so its not acne causing or aggravating.

For some people the acne gets worse before it gets better. That happened for me too. It was like all the underlying acne got up from underneath the skin.

Your skin WILL get red and flaky too. So its important to go slow (just go slow and you will see what I mean anyway).

So yes, for me it got worse (acne purging + redness and flakiness), but now Im almost clear. Its hardest the first 2 weeks, but it slowly gets better after that. Its worth it. For me, I realized, it was like 3 months of awkwardness or undefined time of sadness..

MemberMember
(@miss-soloist)

Posted : 04/14/2013 8:36 pm

On 4/15/2013 at 7:34 AM, nikki1586 said:
On 4/15/2013 at 7:30 AM, Miss Soloist said:
On 4/15/2013 at 7:16 AM, nikki1586 said:
On 4/15/2013 at 7:02 AM, Miss Soloist said:

Blue light is this: [Removed]

I'm planning to go on accutane soonish hopefully. Did you have bad side effects then?

YES. I do remember that my lips were always dry, cracking of my skin. I remember that I told my mother i hAD to STOP accutane right away. I also went into severe depression for a while after that....around the time there were articles all over the place saying that people were committing suicide from Accutane. I would advise against it, but if you really feel that you want ot take it, make sure you have A LOT OF emotional support from your family, friends. etc.

Yeah I know it's a harsh medication. My brother took it and he was fine. I suppose for me the depression from suffering with acne is pretty horrific in itself. It's difficult one, i have some great friends so I know they'll support me x x