Notifications
Clear all

Acne Never Goes Away

MemberMember
(@amorales63)

Posted : 02/04/2013 10:46 pm

I didn't have acne until I was a Junior in high school so I was about 15, now at 18 and in college my acne still hasn't gone away. Unlike most people I went to a dermatologist right away and he gave me topical erythromycin and told me to come back in a year. That cream did nothing. I went back to my next appointment and he gave me pills of erythromycin and again nothing, it did get a bit better though. I went back two months later and he gave me doxycycline it's been about two weeks now and it still hasn't helped; I'm giving up hope. My acne started out on my forehead but recently is has been more jawline and cheek ,and it's leaving red marks. It's getting pretty bad and if my derm can't help maybe one of you guys have had a similar experience.

post-199244-0-37509600-1360035956_thumb.

post-199244-0-37509600-1360035956_thumb.

MemberMember
(@random1)

Posted : 02/05/2013 12:10 am

Way back when I went to my derm seeking a doxy. prescription I remember him saying it would take at least a month before I would see significant results. I can actually say he wasn't lying. It took just about that much time for the drug to take course and help me out. And boy, I can honeslty say it did (although my journey didn't end there, but thats a whole nother story) Now, obviously may not apply to all people but im saying this so you have an idea that for some, it may take a little while to work. Also, there are other tetracycline antibiotics that can be tried: doxy is just one. So there are alternatives if this one doesn't give you the desired results.

Any questions feel free

MemberMember
(@tien10)

Posted : 02/05/2013 10:27 pm

list the foods that you are eating on a daily basis and post it

MemberMember
(@amorales63)

Posted : 02/05/2013 10:51 pm

I eat about six times a day. In the morning I usually eat oatmeal and about six hard boiled eggs without the yolk. Approximately two hours later I eat chicken and rice and take a multi vitamin (Orange triad ) then I eat again, tilapia with rice. At this point I take my pre workout which is Hyde from pro supps and go to the gym. When I get home I take my Lean Gainer from Optimum nutrition and eat whatever I can later in the day while taking the rest of the multivitamin. I also drink a ton of water approximately two gallons because all of the supplements that i take require it and plus it should help the skin.

MemberMember
(@amorales63)

Posted : 02/06/2013 12:49 pm

bump