Notifications
Clear all

Ex Acne Sufferer, Now 25 Years Old And Suffering Again!

MemberMember
(@chrissy-cambell)

Posted : 01/17/2013 3:25 pm

Hey guys,

Here is a bit of a background details about myself.

I suffered badly with acne from about 15 - 18, at 18 I went on rooactutaine, stayed on it for about 5 or 6 months and it worked but didn't really agree with me, I suffered some nasty sides.

The main one being I lost an awfull amount of weight, I was already skinny but I lost a lot of muscle.

I couldn't train as my joints were always aching.

I suffered nose bleeds everyday and I am pretty sure if permenantly effected my sinuses as since I was on the drug, I have had trouble breathing through my nose.

I am now 25, and for the past 6 months have been suffering acne which takes a LONG time to go away, when it does it leaves a nasty red scar which never seems to fade. I am very dark and have to shave everyday, however I am now unable to do this as I have so many spots around my neck.

I do a lot of weightlifting, I am however one of the few people in my gym that suffer from acne. I however eat better than just about everyone in my gym. Lean meat, oily fish, oats etc I think my acne may be a result of an increase in insulin levels after training.

Anyone any ideas on where I should go from here? I have been using duac peroxide gel, worked a trest fora few months, now it doesnt work at all!

cheers

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 01/17/2013 3:52 pm

Well retinoids or antibiotics can be an option, but since you mention your training may be contributing to your acne, accutane maybe your last option if other treatments dont work for a sustained amount of time. I know you are worried about the side effects and it maybe possible to try low dosage accutane to minimize those side effects. The low dosage is usually a significantly reduced dosage but you will be on it longer, usually at least a year.

MemberMember
(@chrissy-cambell)

Posted : 01/17/2013 5:09 pm

I couldn't stick a year, I am hoping to go on it for 6 weeks and that should do the trick....hopefully?

I havn't tried the regime on here or any benzyl dioxide, worth looking into?

cheers