Make Up

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 01/16/2013 3:32 pm

Hi Ladies -- What kind of Make Up are you all using? After spending a few weeks in Hawaii, I hardly wore any make up, and my skin cleared up (90%)... However, since being back home (in the cold), I wear make up every day to cover my hyper-pigmentation. I had been using a product line called Terra Firma Cosmetics (vegan & gluten free, bismuth free, and talc free) The first day I wore it again I broke out, the second day, I broke out even more, including a cystic pimple (which I had shot up with cortisone yesterday). But I am still dealing with the zits from the allergic reaction. Is it odd that all the sudden one might become allergic to something (maybe the Mica in it)?

I tried using Jane Iredale powders this morning and I immediately began to tingle and itch (I am still wearing it unfortunately because I can't leave work) even though the product does not contain bismuth (a common irritant that causes itching -- found in Bare Minerals, and many other Mineral foundations). After some research, I also found out that Secrete, or Mica can also cause one to have an allergic reaction. Has anyone else experienced these problems?

I am kind of sick of these companies loading up their make up with crap and not just giving us the materials we NEED.

So I ordered Zinc Oxide, Titanium Oxide, Brown Oxide, Yellow Oxide, and Red Oxide, with Jojoba Oil and Carrot Seed Oil in their natural forms, to make my OWN mineral make up with a mortar and some empty sifting jars I purchased from Amazon. I really hope it works out since, well, it should -- following proper instruction.

Has anyone else made their own make up before?

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 01/17/2013 2:40 am

I was wondering the same thing what makeup acne prone users use. Also where did you buy those ingredients

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 01/21/2013 6:14 pm

Hey -- Here is where i got them http://www.makingcosmetics.com/

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/22/2013 2:42 am

I think Everyday Minerals makeup is free of those ingredients.