Notifications
Clear all

Acne Loves Me.

MemberMember
(@iussara)

Posted : 01/15/2013 9:01 pm

Hello my name is iuSsara and i am currently a senior in high school. I have been dealing with acne since seventh grade and i am sick and tiered of speding money on producks that they they were going to work. I am a very sporty girl but i love to loook my best alsso. I forgot how my skin feels like with no acne. I forgot how i look like with no acne, two minutes agO my aunt who cares for me alot showed me this and i made an account. I am despretly trying to find that product that will work for me . Imy prom is soon and i would looove to lose this acne. Lose it for ever.

MemberMember
(@wjsidis)

Posted : 01/15/2013 9:11 pm

My acne disappeared mostly through trial and error and then I finally grew out of it. I understand how frustrating it can be to have it. It's honestly made me stronger I believe, though. After you lose it your confidence goes through the roof, and you can sympathize with those you see with acne.

My advice: see a dermatologist. Perhaps get on accutane. It works wonders. I was only on it for a short while (I couldn't handle the dryness with my already dry climate, especially after moving from a humid climate), but it cleared up my acne. Your face will most likely be clear by prom season if you get on accutane.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/15/2013 10:49 pm

Acne tends to be an internal problem. All the creams in the world won't stop the acne from forming.

Many women have success on hormonal treatment.

I would recommend asking your dermatologist or family doctor about Yasmin, Yaz, or Ortho Tri Cyclen if you are in the U.S. If you are in the UK or Canada, ask them about Dianette or Diane-35.

Other options include spironolactone. It is not as easy to get prescribed, but if your parents don't want you on birth control, it is a great hormonal treatment for acne.

I personally would not recommend Accutane because of the possible side effects, the cost, and the number of women who find their acne comes back shortly after their course ends.