Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Taken A Zinc Supplement And Has It Helped Get You Clear?

MemberMember
(@ntweeter)

Posted : 01/09/2013 12:16 am

hey guys! so i recently ordered some zinc supplements from amazon, and the type i bought is good 'n natural's zinc for acne: high potency formula.reading the supplement facts on the back, it says that one serving size of the zinc is 50mg (achieved by taking two 25mg pills). the type of zinc used in these particular pills is zinc gluconate.

QUESTIONSi was wondering how i should actually take the two pills... should i just start taking one 25mg pill at night after dinner for several days and then incorporate the second 25mg pill in the morning after breakfast? or can i just take the two pills at once after dinner? i'd just like to know if HOW i take them will make a difference.

on a side note, this particular brand of zinc pills also contains vitamin B-6. taking two pills would bring the B-6 amount to 20mg. i've read in multiple forums and articles that some B-6 can be helpful for acne, while higher amounts can actually have the opposite effect and can cause more acne. so is 20mg of B-6 a day considered to be high?

also, if anyone needs or wants to know, i am an 18 year old girl who has dealt with acne since i was around 11 or 12. i have mild to moderate acne (with combination skin), which fluctuates throughout the month, but my skin is never actually clear. i use neutrogena's acne stress control daily scrub before i use clinique's 3 step system for combination/oily skin (i only use the face wash and moisturizer from clinique though; i use neutrogena's acne stress control toner as a substitute for clinique's toner). i'm hoping that this skin regimen combined with these zinc pills will be beneficial for my skin and that they'll help get my skin clear smile.png

and as always, any replies are greatly appreciated! thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@kendrawilliams070)

Posted : 09/29/2013 12:55 am

i got the same bottle yesterday from amazon i to one in the morning with a slice of bread and again the next time i eat how has is been working for u

MemberMember
(@elfantasma)

Posted : 09/29/2013 12:09 pm

Been taking Zinc gluconate for about a week now. I can't tell whether it helps or not yet. I take 15mg. It's the recommended dosage according to the bottle I have.

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 09/29/2013 6:51 pm

Well I have taking A 50mg Zinc Supplement for about 5 weeks now and it has help me out alot about 60% of my skin cleared i dont brake out much i still get pimples but but not really big ones ^.^ so yeah, i all so eat very healthy and drink lemon juice water.

It Really Help me \(^.^)/ !

MemberMember
(@zephster)

Posted : 09/30/2013 7:44 am

Well I have taking A 50mg Zinc Supplement for about 5 weeks now and it has help me out alot about 60% of my skin cleared i dont brake out much i still get pimples but but not really big ones ^.^ so yeah, i all so eat very healthy and drink lemon juice water.

Have you ever felt nauseated when taking zinc? I've been wanting to try it for a while now but I've read that it makes you feel sick. Also, the recommended dosage is only 30mg, as far as I know. Don't you think you're overdosing? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@bryantmkiv)

Posted : 09/30/2013 3:03 pm

Have you ever felt nauseated when taking zinc? I've been wanting to try it for a while now but I've read that it makes you feel sick. Also, the recommended dosage is only 30mg, as far as I know. Don't you think you're overdosing? Thanks.

you will be alright if you take zinc right after eating...youll feel sick if you take it on an empty stomache

MemberMember
(@isaacneedshelp)

Posted : 09/30/2013 5:16 pm

you will be alright if you take zinc right after eating...youll feel sick if you take it on an empty stomache

Well i take 50 mg one every day after a meal, you feel sick if you only take it by it self. It also important to get protein in the body so eat lots of protein but dont over due it. zinc is involved in carbohydrates, protein, fat and energy metabolism and helps support the immune system, zinc is also essential for cell division and growth. Zinc has really help my acne, thoe i still get pimples they dont spread all over my cheecks. Hope This Helps !

I Really recommend you take zing 50mg !