Notifications
Clear all

Combination Horomonal Acne. Confused And Lost.

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 01/03/2013 3:22 am

2012 took a hard beating on my body from what i ate to birth control mishaps.

Anyways so far ive been concluding my acne is hormonal and is mostly on my face around my

Mouth majorly lower jawline spreading fast.

I hear so many different thing idk what to do with myself. I have white head clusters of under the skin and looking to be it may be cystic.

Bottom line i need to be told what to do im in pain emotionally most and physically.

I cant even afford a derm.

What regimen should i use? Inexpensive ones please?

How long till any results

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 01/03/2013 9:00 pm

2012 took a hard beating on my body from what i ate to birth control mishaps.

Anyways so far ive been concluding my acne is hormonal and is mostly on my face around my

Mouth majorly lower jawline spreading fast.

I hear so many different thing idk what to do with myself. I have white head clusters of under the skin and looking to be it may be cystic.

Bottom line i need to be told what to do im in pain emotionally most and physically.

I cant even afford a derm.

What regimen should i use? Inexpensive ones please?

How long till any results

I recommend, if your acne is starting to get severe, to start Dan's regimen ASAP. However, it sounds like you did a lot of damage to your body by lifestyle choices that need to be fixed if you ever plan to go off the regimen. You should cut out all grains, sugars and dairy. It's hard, but its worth it. Do this for AT LEAST 6 months. Eat lots of good fruits and veggies. While you're doing this, make sure you're only eating grass fed, organic and hormone free meats and wild fish. Increase your supplements of omega 3. Take a probiotic! Good luck.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/03/2013 9:06 pm

i would recommend a good facial with extractions too that will help a bit and then you could do a light chemical peel for the acne. i am going to get one next week to try and clear some of this out. the regimen will help for sure though and it couldnt hurt to try changing up your diet too. for some reason the diet thing doesnt work for me but its different for everybody.

just a note i used benzaclin for years and it really cleared up my acne and i didnt get hardly any cysts while i used it so the regimen could work well for you.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:40 pm

If you only want inexpensive over the counter solutions, you're pretty much looking at benzoyl peroxide and sulfur creams.

Cutting out dairy and sugar helps a lot, see this new research on why

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/16/2013 8:59 am

I would caution you on facials and peels. As someone who has done them before (many times), they broke me out so bad to the point that i could not leave my home for days on end. I think for mild acne facials work but for your current skin condition, it may just make things work. I agree with the poster about possibly doing a paleo diet (no dairy, grains, more veggies) to address your insides. As for outside, ditch the proactiv and try the regimen (i think you can use proactiv's BP but follow the directions for the regimen). I've never used it but many people on this site found relief with it.

Keep your head up!

MemberMember
(@acneisnobueno)

Posted : 03/03/2013 12:41 am

Thank you!