Notifications
Clear all

Pretty Tiresome..

MemberMember
(@foxx)

Posted : 12/21/2012 11:44 am

I'm just about to be 16, and i came here because i've been having acne break since i was about 10. I started puberty early so i ended up getting acne a lot sooner. (especially a lot sooner than anyone in my household)

My acne is usually really inflamed larger acne or i have a lot of little white heads. In the winter and fall it's a mixture of both, not sure why though, but i know it's not allergies to anything. I guess it's just the colder temperatures or something.

My skin is slightly flakey in some areas of my face, it's not super bad but it does happen quite a bit.

You see, i have really sensitive skin, and i think maybe a skin condition. the areas around my eyes are quite lighter than the rest of my face, i've had it since i was about 11 when i went to oklahoma to visit my uncle once summer, so its possible the heat and the sun could have damaged my face as well but i'm not sure.

I've used prescription, i've used tons and tons of treatments, but almost everything makes it worse.

Right now i just use a really cheap simple cleanser (that i don't even think is working, might be making it worse actually, hard to tell since it's winter so i'm going to stop for a few days to see if that's giving positive or negative effects.) and a garnier exfoliator. I haven't tried anything super fancy like proactiv but i want to try it once i get my job.

What i want to know is what's some good moisturizers and cleansers i can use. Maybe even some facial masks or something.

I just want to get rid of this acne. I know it's going to be hard for me because it's hard to not touch my face when it itches (which is quite a lot, my sister's dog brought fleas in the house when they moved in and it's been to no success trying to get rid of them and just one bite makes me ichy everywhere (but it doesn't make me break out, i only get bumps in some places from scratching over that spot too long and causing my skin to become raw.)

Regardless that it'd be hard for me, i still need to know a way so that i can at least try to reduce it. My acne isn't the worst but it's across my entire face and it's just so scattered everywhere that it makes it look absolutely terrible. Plus i don't sleep much because i have to bring my grades up so i do my work at night because i focus better and then my whole eye-socket area is just so much lighter. So i look pretty terrible without make up, and the makeup makes it worse.

Please tell me what i can do to try to get rid of this.. I know some procedures i just need to know what products i should try.

I don't want to spend 40 bucks on a tiny bottle of something that isn't going to work at all. (i can't spend that much right now anyways even if i DID want to because like i said, i have to wait till i get my job)

And is there anything i can get rid of acne scars with? Mine aren't bad, but they're kind of....everywhere. I have this scar gel that i started using the other day, but i wont know any results until 3 months. And i have to put it on FOUR times a day, and it's hard for me to stay THAT much into routine. Plus it's Eckerd brand so i really doubt it's going to work. It's just something my mom picked up. (she knows nothing about anything that has to do with products.. She was buying aussie shampoos for the longest and it thinned my hair out so bad, i kept trying to tell her but she didn't listen until recently when my eldest sister told her about it doing that. So now i'm trying to bring back the thickness my hair once had as well)

Uhhhgg.. I'm just so tired of it all. Please, please, help. I really need some suggestions..

and suggestions for improving hair growth/thickness would be lovely too. and i'm not talking about "put this in ur hair and it makes ur hair APPEAR blah blah blah, no, i want it to BE that blah blah blah (good blah blah's ofc)

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/21/2012 12:22 pm

How is ur diet like? Your acne might be hormonal. See if you can go to an endocrinologist/ob gyn and get some tests done.