Notifications
Clear all

Whats The Longest You've Waited?

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/13/2012 1:56 pm

How long is the longest you've had to wait for a cyst/nodule to flatten?

These 2 cysts I've been dealing with are something new to me; I've never experienced anything like this.

The oldest 1 started 3 months ago and I thought was dormant but last week swelled up again and some pus came out. Now its back to just sitting there! I thought the pus was a good sign but maybe it was dormant and it just got reinfected?

It still hurts so I know there's more in there.

These kind have the "sac" feel to them and they are deep. How do you get rid of these things?

it doesn't seem like anything topical works cause there's no head and they're so deep.

Also I want to know; does the "sac" go away when it's healed?

Sorry for all the questions but 1 more: has anyone ever had more then 2 or 3 cortisone injections to the same cyst?

If anyone knows a way to treat these things I'd be eternally grateful.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/13/2012 4:07 pm

Icing and aloe vera helps but 3 months is a long time. Try putting retinoid and see if that speed things up. Also increase your zinc and vitamin e intake.

MemberMember
(@username22)

Posted : 12/13/2012 4:43 pm

i've never waited that long, even for huge ones (just had one this week). what i do is ice it as soon as it pops up, then a few layers of tea tree oil (i do a 1:5 dilution with water, might step up to 1:3), then just cake on the BP (10%). I had one pop up on me late sunday night (the size of a quarter, already too big for ice, don't know how i missed it...). I did what I just told you and overnight it got really hard and sorta came to a head. i was able to pop it and drain most of the oil the following night. then just more tea tree oil and BP day and night until it dries up. It's a full scab now and should be good and healed hopefully by friday or saturday night (putting neosporin on now). I went pretty crazy getting the oil out, most probably would do that (hurts), and it might leave a scar (doesn't for me). but i would definitely try the tea tree oil and BP combo, that seemed to bring it to a head overnight and the dry it up.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/24/2012 12:21 am

i've never waited that long, even for huge ones (just had one this week). what i do is ice it as soon as it pops up, then a few layers of tea tree oil (i do a 1:5 dilution with water, might step up to 1:3), then just cake on the BP (10%). I had one pop up on me late sunday night (the size of a quarter, already too big for ice, don't know how i missed it...). I did what I just told you and overnight it got really hard and sorta came to a head. i was able to pop it and drain most of the oil the following night. then just more tea tree oil and BP day and night until it dries up. It's a full scab now and should be good and healed hopefully by friday or saturday night (putting neosporin on now). I went pretty crazy getting the oil out, most probably would do that (hurts), and it might leave a scar (doesn't for me). but i would definitely try the tea tree oil and BP combo, that seemed to bring it to a head overnight and the dry it up.

Your's must not be very deep if topical stuff works for you. I just realized it's actually been 4 months! topical stuff doesn't seem to do anything: i think they're just too deep.

Cortisone injections is the only thing that's helped but it's been temporary; they just keep swelling up and my derm won't drain them. I'm going crazy!

MemberMember
(@mjri94)

Posted : 12/26/2012 12:56 pm

5 months...

MemberMember
(@forrestgump)

Posted : 01/04/2013 9:40 pm

Hi! you may have what I have (but I probably have it much worse than you, I have these everywhere on my face :( )

It may be acne conglobata.

This condition presents with blackheads appearing around the face, neck, chest, upper arms and buttocks in groups of two or three. The pimples form around the blackheads. They are large and engorged with fluid, and may be sensitive to touch. They remain for a while and continue to grow and fill with pus until they finally rupture. After the lesion has drained, it fills up again.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/04/2013 11:37 pm

I don't know what you mean by sac, but if it looks anything like this

Please just get a cortisone shot and some antibiotics until you find a permanent cure. I had acne that looked like that and the ones I didn't get shots for gave me horrible scars. The ones I got shots in I have no scars from.

Trust me no home remedy will help those once you have them.