Notifications
Clear all

Does Working Out Cause Acne?

MemberMember
(@poeticphantom)

Posted : 12/11/2012 7:54 am

I have this question, does working out really cause acne..?

I noticed a week without the gym I didn't even break out really, and now I fear going back to keep my face clear.

I go to the gym directly after school at 2:30 and then I lleave the gym at 5:00 and get home at 6 and shower immediately.

I do not wipe my face nor touch nor wash it at the gym, I leave it as is. I also apply clean n clear 3-in-1 advantage cleanser in the morning, so is that meddling with my face if I workout?

I need answers please, does working out with clean n clear in my face cause acne or what..!!!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/11/2012 2:56 pm

No. But the wrong kind of exercise can aggravate it. Prolonged workouts such as running for miles or 30-40 minutes straight is inflammatory and damaging. And mostly wasted effort for which people tend to load up on carbs to fuel. Also, body building can increase testosterone, especially with the shakes and supplements they tend to consume.

Interval training is what you want. And to move around as much as possible all day every day.

The bacteria you seem to be worried about is really the least important factor in acne development.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/11/2012 6:20 pm

Lifting weights gives me acne and oily skin that takes days to recover from. I'm really interested in the science behind this because I thought the boost in testosterone from weight lifting only lasted a short period of time.

MemberMember
(@jnorton52)

Posted : 01/11/2013 6:29 pm

I noticed a week without the gym I didn't even break out really, and now I fear going back to keep my face clear.

I go to the gym directly after school at 2:30 and then I lleave the gym at 5:00 and get home at 6 and shower immediately.

I do not wipe my face nor touch nor wash it at the gym, I leave it as is. I also apply clean n clear 3-in-1 advantage cleanser in the morning, so is that meddling with my face if I workout?

I need answers please, does working out with clean n clear in my face cause acne or what..!!!

I really don't think that exercising causes acne, I'm pretty sure it helps it. I never had acne during track season, and these were 3-4 hour long intense workouts. I think my profuse sweating cleansed my pores. Exercising reduces stress and keeps your body healthy. It must be some other factor that is causing your breakouts. Your 6:00 shower, is it a long, hot shower? Are your moisturizing afterwards properly? I have a similar schedule, and I shower around 6:00 every day. As soon as I step out of the shower I wash my face with my cleanser while my pores are open, then wait a bit for my pores to close, and moisturize.

MemberMember
(@poeticphantom)

Posted : 01/29/2013 11:34 pm

I really don't think that exercising causes acne, I'm pretty sure it helps it. I never had acne during track season, and these were 3-4 hour long intense workouts. I think my profuse sweating cleansed my pores. Exercising reduces stress and keeps your body healthy. It must be some other factor that is causing your breakouts. Your 6:00 shower, is it a long, hot shower? Are your moisturizing afterwards properly? I have a similar schedule, and I shower around 6:00 every day. As soon as I step out of the shower I wash my face with my cleanser while my pores are open, then wait a bit for my pores to close, and moisturize.

Yeah, all my showers are kind of long and hot and get hotter. As soon as I get out, I splash hot water on my face, put on the cleanser, then instantly put cold water and dry my face. Is this right?