Notifications
Clear all

Are There Ingredients In Moisturizers That Make Red Marks Last Longer?

MemberMember
(@flowerbud3)

Posted : 12/10/2012 2:01 pm

What are some ingredients in moisturizers that I should look out for that could prolong red marks and scar healing? Or are all moisturizers Safe to use? This is one of the questions and reasons why I'm more into something more natural. I've never really moisturized my skin as I feel like I don't need to. But I'm starting to think that moisturizing can be a bonus in the fading/ scar healing process.

My second question would be: What are some natural moisturizers?

I'm looking for something that is 100% natural that can moisturize any skin type guarantee. I don't get acne anymore and my skin gets a bit oily the next day if I exfoliate a bit more then usual the night before. I'm looking for something that is 100% guarantee to moisturize the skin. (Natural as in water, or honey (I think honey moisturizes the skin, correct me if I'm wrong) but I can't be wearing sticky honey on my face all day while I'm at school) :) Thanks!

MemberMember
(@flowerbud3)

Posted : 12/13/2012 7:13 pm

Bump! Really need some advice!

MemberMember
(@davidlane)

Posted : 12/15/2012 2:09 pm

As long as your skin doesn't seem like it's flaky or 'feel dry', then your skin should be moisturized. You don't need to look for something that 'Once you apply, you must leave it on!" to moisturize the skin. You can use honey and leave it on for about 2 hours, that will moisturize the skin, and then wash it off. I also heard Egg Yolk can really moisturize the skin, you can try that and wash it off in 2-3 hours also.

Good Luck!