Notifications
Clear all

Skin Is Peeling Off!

MemberMember
(@billjobs)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:15 pm

I started evening primerose oil and I think that's why my skin is dryer than normal...

but anyways I went off all topicals (salycilic acid and benzol peroxide) for about a month. Most of my face cleared up completely and even still looks nicer than ever..However I'm still getting acne all around my mouth. Lots of it. I heard acne around the mouth could be caused by cosmetics (I use a LOT of lip balm)... So I stopped using lip balm over the past 2-3 days and started proactive (only applying it to my mouth area).

My skin is now peeling off and is EXTREMELY dry around my mouth. Is this due to the primerose oil? The proactive? Or is this due to me not using lip balm?

MemberMember
(@lightersup)

Posted : 12/10/2012 4:50 pm

When starting Benzoyl Peroxide again, there's almost always a "drying period". I'm not sure how well a moisturizer Primrose Oil is, so maybe you need a stronger moisturizer. I know that the 3-step Proactiv system doesn't contain any moisturizer.

For lip balm, try Carmex. The one in the squeeze tube has a bit of salicylic acid in it, so it won't clog pores in that area. Good luck.