Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Acne On Guys? (Breakout All Over Chin And Jawline)

MemberMember
(@potluck420)

Posted : 12/08/2012 7:01 pm

Do any guys here have this problem?

I mean all other parts of my face are perfectly fine, but my Chin and jawline wont stop producing acne...

I was clear-skinned all the way through high school with only a few tiny blemishes here and there , but as soon as I entered college, I had my first and worst breakout ever, which started from my chin and spread to my jawline.

This must be hormonal right? I mean I was pretty hygienic, and I've always had a poor diet my whole life. (Throughout my life I would eat so much junk food, but still had clear skin) .

So In college, I started changing my diet to adding more vegetables and cutting out chips completely. No luck. I even tried being more hygienic. No luck.

What other reason can it be? It has to be hormonal.

Can anyone explain why I am getting hormonal acne ? I am a guy and this shouldn't be happening at this age..

How do I fix a hormonal breakout??? Any tips, treatments you would like to share?

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/08/2012 7:21 pm

Very easy to fix your hormonal acne. From what you described you're getting acne on your T-zone which is indicative it is hormonal acne. You mentioned you're trying a healthier diet, which is a good thing because hormonal acne is directly connected to the digestive system.

First thing you're going to want to do is eliminate insulin spiking foods. Sodas, candy, chips, sugar AND grains. You probably know sweets causes insulin spike (thus acne) but grains also spike your insulin. That means: Bread, cereals, pasta, rice, donuts, etc. Eat LOTS of veggies and healthy protein (like chicken, fish, beans).

Secondly, you're going to want to start supplementing. You need all 90 vitamins/minerals/amino acids. Vitamin A, Zinc, B-complex, Vitamin C, B5, EFA's, are some important ones for acne (not that the other ones aren't tho). What I use and find it to be the best vitamin/mineral supplement brand out there is BTT - found here youngevityshopping.com. Beyond Tangy Tangerine is the vitamin/mineral or you can get the "Alex Pack" which has the EFA's too. AMAZING product that has gotten me clear.

Thirdly, protein and probiotics. You're going to want to start getting a lot of protein. Protein curbs sugar/grains cravings. The best protein is Whey protein. Take a couple or more protein shakes a day. Last but not least, probiotics. Get 80-100 billion units daily; the best probiotic supplement you can find; i use one from the link I posted above).

Your type of acne is very easy to cure. You can be acne free within a month. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/08/2012 8:58 pm

Very easy to fix your hormonal acne. From what you described you're getting acne on your T-zone which is indicative it is hormonal acne. You mentioned you're trying a healthier diet, which is a good thing because hormonal acne is directly connected to the digestive system.

First thing you're going to want to do is eliminate insulin spiking foods. Sodas, candy, chips, sugar AND grains. You probably know sweets causes insulin spike (thus acne) but grains also spike your insulin. That means: Bread, cereals, pasta, rice, donuts, etc. Eat LOTS of veggies and healthy protein (like chicken, fish, beans).

Secondly, you're going to want to start supplementing. You need all 90 vitamins/minerals/amino acids. Vitamin A, Zinc, B-complex, Vitamin C, B5, EFA's, are some important ones for acne (not that the other ones aren't tho). What I use and find it to be the best vitamin/mineral supplement brand out there is BTT - found here youngevityshopping.com. Beyond Tangy Tangerine is the vitamin/mineral or you can get the "Alex Pack" which has the EFA's too. AMAZING product that has gotten me clear.

Thirdly, protein and probiotics. You're going to want to start getting a lot of protein. Protein curbs sugar/grains cravings. The best protein is Whey protein. Take a couple or more protein shakes a day. Last but not least, probiotics. Get 80-100 billion units daily; the best probiotic supplement you can find; i use one from the link I posted above).

Your type of acne is very easy to cure. You can be acne free within a month. Good luck!

Why is the T-zone indicitive of hormonal acne? What about by the ears, neck or back? Would that count as non-hormonal acne?

What do you mean by sugars? All carbohydrates? Just monosaccarides and disaccaradies? What about chitin, pectin and cellulose?

How do you know the body won't expel the vitamins, minerals and amino acids it doesn't need? Do you have any proof this will treat or cure acne? How do you know the probiotics will colonize the intestines and not get expelled out? Why would probiotcs "cure" acne?

Why are you saying his type of acne is easy to cure when the acne.org site itself says there is no known cure for acne? How can you possibly gauge over the Internet he'll be "cured" within a month?

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/08/2012 9:40 pm

Why is the T-zone indicitive of hormonal acne? What about by the ears, neck or back? Would that count as non-hormonal acne?

The T-zone is where most of your oil glands are. If you're getting acne by your neck or back, that could be a liver/intestinal/digestive health problem.

What do you mean by sugars? All carbohydrates? Just monosaccarides and disaccaradies? What about chitin, pectin and cellulose?

When I say sugars, I mean all refined sugar and simple carbohydrates. You want complex carbohydrates in your diet (vegetables and fruits).

How do you know the body won't expel the vitamins, minerals and amino acids it doesn't need? Do you have any proof this will treat or cure acne? How do you know the probiotics will colonize the intestines and not get expelled out? Why would probiotcs "cure" acne?

That's exactly what the body does: excrete excess vitamins and minerals. That's why the best way to nutriate is with a low-dose, throughout the day, liquid fashion supplementation. Do I have any proof this will treat acne? I say look at the thousands of people who have been cured - including me and many of my friends. I don't think you understand the basics of good nutrition. No matter what, with or without acne you still need the essential vitamins/minerals your body needs through your diet (hence essential).

Probiotics are pretty much a must have for a optimum digestive health system. There have also been many scientific studies proving its effectiveness. Most people have bad flora ecology. Going on antibiotics, bad diet, drinking fluoridated water; whatever it is, its safe to assume most people are lacking in the good bacteria.

Why are you saying his type of acne is easy to cure when the acne.org site itself says there is no known cure for acne? How can you possibly gauge over the Internet he'll be "cured" within a month?

That's like saying "Why do you say smoking cigarettes are bad, when doctors say they're good" back in the 30's. I don't give much credence to what a acne forum website claims. The cure to acne is good health.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/09/2012 4:54 pm

The T-zone is where most of your oil glands are. If you're getting acne by your neck or back, that could be a liver/intestinal/digestive health problem.

When I say sugars, I mean all refined sugar and simple carbohydrates. You want complex carbohydrates in your diet (vegetables and fruits).

That's exactly what the body does: excrete excess vitamins and minerals. That's why the best way to nutriate is with a low-dose, throughout the day, liquid fashion supplementation. Do I have any proof this will treat acne? I say look at the thousands of people who have been cured - including me and many of my friends. I don't think you understand the basics of good nutrition. No matter what, with or without acne you still need the essential vitamins/minerals your body needs through your diet (hence essential).

Probiotics are pretty much a must have for a optimum digestive health system. There have also been many scientific studies proving its effectiveness. Most people have bad flora ecology. Going on antibiotics, bad diet, drinking fluoridated water; whatever it is, its safe to assume most people are lacking in the good bacteria.

That's like saying "Why do you say smoking cigarettes are bad, when doctors say they're good" back in the 30's. I don't give much credence to what a acne forum website claims. The cure to acne is good health.

Thank you for replying. However, I still don't know exactly what you mean as you have not linked me unbiased scientific studies that prove without a doubt what you say is true and I still have several questions.

1. Where is the unbiased scientific evidence that getting acne on your neck or back is a liver/intestinal/digestive health problem?

2. What 'thousands of people who have been cured'? How is that evidence? Where are the double-blind randomized placebo-controlled studies to rule out bias, confounding factors, regression to the mean or the placebo effect?

3. What does 'optimum digestive health' even mean? That you have bowel movements every few hours? The amount of bacteria that's supposed to be in your large intestine? The strains of bacteria? Where are the 'many scientific studies proving its effectiveness'? Effective against what? How do you know 'most people' have bad flora ecology'? What exactly makes it 'bad'?

4. How do you know he will be 'cured' by following your advice without you seeing his acne or his medical records?

I would love to trust people on the Internet and take their word -- don't get me wrong. As this is the Internet and people can make all sorts of dubious claims, I want to see unbiased proof.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/09/2012 5:23 pm

Thank you for replying. However, I still don't know exactly what you mean as you have not linked me unbiased scientific studies that prove without a doubt what you say is true and I still have several questions.

1. Where is the unbiased scientific evidence that getting acne on your neck or back is a liver/intestinal/digestive health problem?

2. What 'thousands of people who have been cured'? How is that evidence? Where are the double-blind randomized placebo-controlled studies to rule out bias, confounding factors, regression to the mean or the placebo effect?

3. What does 'optimum digestive health' even mean? That you have bowel movements every few hours? The amount of bacteria that's supposed to be in your large intestine? The strains of bacteria? Where are the 'many scientific studies proving its effectiveness'? Effective against what? How do you know 'most people' have bad flora ecology'? What exactly makes it 'bad'?

4. How do you know he will be 'cured' by following your advice without you seeing his acne or his medical records?

I would love to trust people on the Internet and take their word -- don't get me wrong. As this is the Internet and people can make all sorts of dubious claims, I want to see unbiased proof.

I don't think you understand how forums generally work. People are here to give each other advice and tips, not to give scientific research papers. Although everything I describe comes directly from scientific research, that's up to the individual to research the facts themselves. You're free to have your own opinion and express it. However, right now you're coming off as a troll. I've seen your other posts.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/09/2012 6:55 pm

I don't think you understand how forums generally work. People are here to give each other advice and tips, not to give scientific research papers. Although everything I describe comes directly from scientific research, that's up to the individual to research the facts themselves. You're free to have your own opinion and express it. However, right now you're coming off as a troll. I've seen your other posts.

Yes, people on here and other forums give one another advice. However, not all advice is equal and they can be very misleading.

But here's the problem that I've brought up in other posts: how do people really know what is good advice or what is indeed fact? How do you know if someone's lying on the Internet? How can one easily sort marketing from the truth?

When people make an account here, many of them do want help and some are probably at least somewhat desperate looking for a "cure." Marketers see their desperation and would jump on here to exploit that, peddling unproven or disproved "cures" and offering dubious advice.

When someone is saying XYZ causes/"cures" acne and they are saying as an irrefutable fact, they must provide irrefutable evidence. This is exactly the reason I ask for high-quality studies, particularly double blinded randomized placebo-controlled studies. People need to be at least somewhat skeptical when searching for advice on the Internet -- all too often their desperation and fear overtakes their skepticism.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/09/2012 8:12 pm

Yes, people on here and other forums give one another advice. However, not all advice is equal and they can be very misleading.

But here's the problem that I've brought up in other posts: how do people really know what is good advice or what is indeed fact? How do you know if someone's lying on the Internet? How can one easily sort marketing from the truth?

When people make an account here, many of them do want help and some are probably at least somewhat desperate looking for a "cure." Marketers see their desperation and would jump on here to exploit that, peddling unproven or disproved "cures" and offering dubious advice.

When someone is saying XYZ causes/"cures" acne and they are saying as an irrefutable fact, they must provide irrefutable evidence. This is exactly the reason I ask for high-quality studies, particularly double blinded randomized placebo-controlled studies. People need to be at least somewhat skeptical when searching for advice on the Internet -- all too often their desperation and fear overtakes their skepticism.

Having critical thinking is vital: I encourage people to question everything they read. However, you're not being constructive or helpful by just asking questions to see if I have an answer. Like I mentioned before, it's up to the individual to do the research themselves. Do you want everything spoon fed to you? You are fully capable of using google.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/09/2012 8:58 pm

Having critical thinking is vital: I encourage people to question everything they read. However, you're not being constructive or helpful by just asking questions to see if I have an answer. Like I mentioned before, it's up to the individial to do the research themselves. Do you want everything spoon fed to you? You are fully capable of using google.

When someone recommends treatment XYZ, he/she needs to have a reasonable, solid answer especially if someone asks. "Just because" or its variants is not an answer.

I ask because somebody needs to. Desperate people looking for a "cure" will often believe information at face value, and I hope that by reading my questions they will start wondering and spur critical thinking.

Googling is not the best way to gather information. Algorithms, popular keywords, and companies buying out the top spaces can and do slant the queries to biased, dubious websites that do nothing but market "cures". One cannot get all the truthful medical information from the Internet, and some people simply don't have the patience or dedication to find the best quality information.

When people start claiming acne can be cured and by treatment XYZ, especially in a month or less, skepticism is definitely warranted. I do not want people to waste their money and buy placebo treatments and then having them get more desperate because it didn't work.

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 12/09/2012 9:14 pm

Just chiming in here:

The burden of proof falls to the person making the claim, not the person they are trying to convince. So yes, you should have some sources if you're trying to convince someone of something.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/09/2012 9:38 pm

Just chiming in here:

The burden of proof falls to the person making the claim, not the person they are trying to convince. So yes, you should have some sources if you're trying to convince someone of something.

Exactly. I'm giving out advice: Not trying to convince anyone.

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:45 am

I'll be honest with you, I did all the supplements/diet stuff in the past and it never worked really for me, it worked a bit but I was very fragile.

I had the same thing, acne all over chin, mustache, a little bit closed comedones of forehead, and cheeks free. I had also redness around nose area.

I fighted it for a year or so, and then I finally had the chance to see a doctor/derm

I have been prescribe Clindoxyl Gel (DUAC) which is BP & Clindamycin, Differin Xp, an antifungal cream and 2 months of antibiotics.

Briefly, antibiotics makes you pimple free, then topical is finishing the job and prevent you from further eruptions.

I use topical every other day, and antifungal every morning for a month only

I took me 2 month and a half to see result, and now I'm almost 100% free. I haven't had a new pimple for weeks, and marks/redness are healing.

Briefly, If you have hormonal acne as me, you might want to skip that diet stuff and simply go see a doctor, so you can live normally (drinking, eat food etc.) while being free.

It takes month for result, but trust me it worth the shot;

Cetaphil cleanse bar, topical medication then moister before sleeping and simply water on morning

simple as that.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:47 am

Just chiming in here:

Then why did you write post #2?

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/10/2012 4:27 am

Just chiming in here:

So answering questions = me trying to convince you? Lol, now you're being foolish.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/10/2012 4:44 am

I'll be honest with you, I did all the supplements/diet stuff in the past and it never worked really for me, it worked a bit but I was very fragile.

I had the same thing, acne all over chin, mustache, a little bit closed comedones of forehead, and cheeks free. I had also redness around nose area.

I fighted it for a year or so, and then I finally had the chance to see a doctor/derm

I have been prescribe Clindoxyl Gel (DUAC) which is BP & Clindamycin, Differin Xp, an antifungal cream and 2 months of antibiotics.

Briefly, antibiotics makes you pimple free, then topical is finishing the job and prevent you from further eruptions.

I use topical every other day, and antifungal every morning for a month only

I took me 2 month and a half to see result, and now I'm almost 100% free. I haven't had a new pimple for weeks, and marks/redness are healing.

Briefly, If you have hormonal acne as me, you might want to skip that diet stuff and simply go see a doctor, so you can live normally (drinking, eat food etc.) while being free.

It takes month for result, but trust me it worth the shot;

Cetaphil cleanse bar, topical medication then moister before sleeping and simply water on morning

simple as that.

What works for one person, doesn't mean it'll have the same affect for every other person. Treating it with drugs or solely with topical remedies will never cure the root cause of acne. Most likely, your acne will come back as soon as you're off the drugs/chemicals.

MemberMember
(@user74659)

Posted : 12/10/2012 10:48 am

Just chiming in here:

Well said Tim! Where is the scientific evidence for this? How about some successful case studies at least? I eat mega healthy and have for years dude.. I'm a 29 y/o 5'6", 110 lb. female in peak physical shape. I am a long distance runner, go to the gym regularly (lift, vary my cardio, calisthenics), eat no refined sugars OR simple carbs (only whole grain, usually in the form of quinoa, brown rice, barley, and only 100% whole wheat bread), eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies, nix the salt and butter 99% of the time (and only eat REAL butter or use himalayan sea salt if I do), LOVE greek yogurt, eat only lean proteins (no beef or pork, only chicken and wild caught salmon, arctic char, local trout that I catch myself, and steelhead). So...why do I have severe acne?? Its not coming from the food, that's for sure or lack of exercise or obesity. I'm very clean too and wash my face routinely (twice a day) yet gently to prevent irriation. My husband is the complete opposite. Won't touch fish, eats beef for like every meal, mostly fatty hamburger, eats processed EVERYTHING from chips to fruit roll ups to snack cakes to sugary cereals to candy to cheese, is OBSESSED with all things dairy (drinks 1/2 gallon 2% milk a day and eats cheese like its going out of style), eats pizza and fast food, eats greasy fried food and mayo-based foods like chicken and tuna salad, and lives off of sugary sweet tea and Pepsi (probably drinks 6-8 cans a day). I can't even remember the last time he drank a glass of water (which is all I drink, save a glass of unsweetened organic green tea every once in awhile). He rarely even washes his face with soap and guess what, perfect skin.

Like you, I too have acne mainly in the hormonal region (with some on my forehead as well). The only connection I can seem to make with my acne is stress. I do worry a lot about dumb stuff and had been stressed really bad right before this recent, severe breakout. I am on accutane now and hope to get rid of this crap once and for all this time after years of topicals and antibiotics on and off! Don't get discouraged if a healthy lifestyle doesn't do it for ya. Its not your fault you get acne and others don't. I truly believe its mainly genetics, the way we are wired, and the luck of the draw. Science can't prove that any one thing actually causes it, so I refuse to believe its something I did personally. Don't feel bad about yourself for something you don't have any control over! Good luck and see a derm for better results if all else fails! Good look to ya going forward!! :)

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:22 pm

Just chiming in here:

So answering questions = me trying to convince you? Lol, now you're being foolish.

You wrote: "Not trying to convince anyone."

So Potluck420 is not included in 'anyone' nor you were trying to convince him his acne "is very easy to cure" and that he should be "acne free within a month" by taking the supplements you were recommending?

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/10/2012 1:42 pm

Just chiming in here:

So Potluck420 is not included in 'anyone' nor you were trying to convince him his acne "is very easy to cure" and that he should be "acne free within a month" by taking the supplements you were recommending?

You just said the key word! "Recommending." That's all it is, my recommendation. Whether you take it or not, that's up to you. You need to calm down.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 12/10/2012 2:35 pm

Just chiming in here:

You just said the key word! "Recommending." That's all it is, my recommendation. Whether you take it or not, that's up to you. You need to calm down.

That still doesn't explain why you factually told him he could cure his acne within a month when you have probably never met him, seen his acne or not have his medical records.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/10/2012 4:24 pm

Just chiming in here:

That still doesn't explain why you factually told him he could cure his acne within a month when you have probably never met him, seen his acne or not have his medical records.

Alright, I'll stop feeding the troll: Or you still don't understand what I've been saying. But to summarize my points: Acne is very easily curable through diet change, life changes, and supplementation. Everyone can cure their acne. Obviously you've been brain washed by the current medical model, because you're a proponent of poisonous drugs such as Accutane - And that's factually known as a poison. Acne is from a internal problem. There's a lot of desperate people who end up turning to drugs, deteriorating their health further, because they never addressed the real health issue. Acne is just a symptom of another problem brewing inside the body.

Since you're probably just trolling, you're going to want to spew your last words out. However this is my last reply - You're already spamming this thread too much as it is.

Just remember people: poisoning yourselves is not in your best interest. A lot of people get offended because they don't want to hear the truth.You can cure yourself naturally - No matter how severe your acne is.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/10/2012 6:14 pm

^ Wow...you know more than all the dermatologists and scientists in the world. Congrats! Why can't you just answer some simple questions? Even though you classify it as advice, you're making some pretty bold claims that scream for some explanation. I think those questions are valid and if you think acne can be easily "cured" and your method works, it shouldn't be too hard to explain the details behind your science.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/10/2012 6:32 pm

^ Wow...you know more than all the dermatologists and scientists in the world. Congrats! Why can't you just answer some simple questions? Even though you classify it as advice, you're making some pretty bold claims that scream for some explanation. I think those questions are valid and if you think acne can be easily "cured" and your method works, it shouldn't be too hard to explain the details behind your science.

I would actually say I do know more than most dermatologists! Dermatologists ONLY mask the symptom and not cure the cause. All they can do is prescribe drugs, chemicals, or antibiotics. None of them offer nutritional advice, because that's not what they're trained to do. (Albeit I'm sure their are a few rare good ones)

If someone is interested with my advice, they can research online and look up the evidence themselves. I am not trying to convince anyone; just giving my own opinions and advice. I'd be happy to re-look up the facts myself and provide links if someone genuinely was interested and needed help. But I'm not going to respond to whiny posts who obviously aren't seeking help.

Like I said, I'm only offering my own opinions and advice. If anyone genuinely wants my help to point them towards documents I gladly will if they ask nicely in a PM.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/10/2012 6:51 pm

I would actually say I do know more than most dermatologists! Dermatologists ONLY mask the symptom and not cure the cause. All they can do is prescribe drugs, chemicals, or antibiotics. None of them offer nutritional advice, because that's not what they're trained to do. (Albeit I'm sure their are a few rare good ones)

If someone is interested with my advice, they can research online and look up the evidence themselves. I am not trying to convince anyone; just giving my own opinions and advice. I'd be happy to re-look up the facts myself and provide links if someone genuinely was interested and needed help. But I'm not going to respond to whiny posts who obviously aren't seeking help.

Like I said, I'm only offering my own opinions and advice. If anyone genuinely wants my help to point them towards documents I gladly will if they ask nicely in a PM.

I'm not saying you don't know anything, but more than dermatologists and scientists? Obviously, they don't address the cause, because there is no single cause for acne, nor a single solution. I think it's great that you're putting your time into trying to help people, but I definitely understand the skepticism as well I think the questions aren't unjustified at all, and even though Michelle Reece isn't asking for advice herself, she's trying to help others (the OP in this case, and people who read this) by asking these questions. Calling her a troll just because she's questioning your logic is unnecessary, don't you think?

You're saying that "acne is very easily curable through diet change, life changes, and supplementation". I am genuinely interested in the science behind your ideas and methods, so please post links to the documents. We can only learn from them (even though I'm pretty sure some people (including me) will still be critics). At least we'll know the sources, we can all make up our own minds then. And who knows, discussing them may even change your own views on some points.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/10/2012 7:47 pm

I'm not saying you don't know anything, but more than dermatologists and scientists? Obviously, they don't address the cause, because there is no single cause for acne, nor a single solution. I think it's great that you're putting your time into trying to help people, but I definitely understand the skepticism as well I think the questions aren't unjustified at all, and even though Michelle Reece isn't asking for advice herself, she's trying to help others (the OP in this case, and people who read this) by asking these questions. Calling her a troll just because she's questioning your logic is unnecessary, don't you think?

You're saying that "acne is very easily curable through diet change, life changes, and supplementation". I am genuinely interested in the science behind your ideas and methods, so please post links to the documents. We can only learn from them (even though I'm pretty sure some people (including me) will still be critics). At least we'll know the sources, we can all make up our own minds then. And who knows, discussing them may even change your own views on some points.

How can you say there is no single cause of acne? You are certain of that? That question could be perceived in different ways: One could say the single cause of acne is bad health. But the causes of acne are, for the most part, indeed known - Contrary to what mainstream dermatologists and GP's will say.

Like I told Michelle, she's not being helpful by just asking for documents for every piece of advice I give. If she was helpful, she would be giving her opinions about the subject, and providing her evidence - Such as any counter-claim evidence. She very much is trolling whether she realizes it or not. If her motives, as you say, are to inspire critical thinking there are much better ways to communicate that. I do agree that people should question and research everything they read.

As I mentioned, if you're interested in more info, send me a PM. I have files of documents/audio/lectures that can't be posted here.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 12/10/2012 9:05 pm

How can you say there is no single cause of acne? You are certain of that? That question could be perceived in different ways: One could say the single cause of acne is bad health. But the causes of acne are, for the most part, indeed known - Contrary to what mainstream dermatologists and GP's will say.

Like I told Michelle, she's not being helpful by just asking for documents for every piece of advice I give. If she was helpful, she would be giving her opinions about the subject, and providing her evidence - Such as any counter-claim evidence. She very much is trolling whether she realizes it or not. If her motives, as you say, are to inspire critical thinking there are much better ways to communicate that. I do agree that people should question and research everything they read.

As I mentioned, if you're interested in more info, send me a PM. I have files of documents/audio/lectures that can't be posted here.

How can I say there™s no single cause for acne? Well, by simply typing it :P One could indeed say that the single cause for acne is bad health, but "bad health" is too generic. Some of the processes that lead to acne are known, but why these processes lead to acne in one person but not in another is unknown. If bad health was the cause for acne, then everybody with bad health would have acne. And that™s not the case, for again: it™s too generic.

We have to agree to disagree on Michelle being a troll (not to mention that calling someone a troll isn™t very nice to begin with). I think the questions are valid. As tim12 said more or less, if you say that the OP™s type of acne is easily curable (which is a claim, not advice), you™d better provide some decent evidence for it. I don™t think it™s fair to ask for counter-evidence from people who haven™t made such bold claims. Obviously, you™ve researched the subject, so it would be a lot easier to provide the research that your claim is based on, instead of letting people in limbo. Michelle is only trying to separate the wheat from the chaff imo. Don™t feel attacked, ok? If your evidence is solid, then no one will question it.

I™ll send you a PM, maybe I can post those documents here or on another website.

User74659 liked