Advice?!

MemberMember
(@understatement)

Posted : 12/07/2012 6:27 pm

Hey, I'm 19 years old and was on the birth control pill when I was 15 and stopped taking it a bit after I turned 18. After I stopped, it has been a downward spiral with my face. I get these tiny little pimples that don't come to a head (perhaps its milia?) around my chin and above my lips that never go away. I also break out horribly around my period, getting cysts and large under the skin pimples. I've been off the pill for a year now, and am considering going back on it due to the stress my new acne has gave me. Anyone else have this problem? I'm really not sure what to do about it, and have tried numerous methods and have changed my diet. I also take vitamin C, Zinc, Omega-3, and Cod Liver oil daily. I'm going to the doctor at the end of December to find out what's going on.

I've also noticed it's usually confined to one side of my face. Like this month it's my right side... I change my pillow case every day and use clean towels. I'm not sure what to do!!

MemberMember
(@eyduh)

Posted : 12/08/2012 7:53 am

You should probably start taking the birth control pills again... I have the same issue as well, only my right cheek is breaking out, and I get a couple of spots on my forehead.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:44 pm

the advice is you read my post and start using zinc. duh!

MemberMember
(@understatement)

Posted : 12/08/2012 11:50 pm

No offense, but did you read my post I AM using zinc. 100mg a day.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/09/2012 12:28 am

sorry man. i got carried away with the zinc thing this morning.

i did some research today on acne and how it caused by three hormones. i recomend you try these things if you have not and then read my post on the hormones. good luck man:

-apple cider vinegar topical or drink

-lemon juice drink or topical

-probiotic called reuteri produces natural antibiotic called reuterin

-manuka honey

-garlic pills natural antibiotic

-oil of oregano

-evening primrose oil topical and eat linoleic acid it has completely gotten rid of my scars like a miracle! woo hoo!

-echinacea if you try this let me know if it works. i really wanted to use this

-this one's crazy but have you tried the no masturbation thing? it worked for me until i started getting bad sleep

-vitamin d theres a study that showed it cured acne for 76% of people after three months

-cinnamon pills

i felt bad about that crappy answer i gave you about zinc so i have given you all my info that i've collected.

heres my article on the hormones:

http://www.acne.org/...ment-chapter-1/

and how long have you been on zinc because this study says it cures acne: http://archderm.jama...rticleid=536705

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 12/10/2012 4:34 am