Notifications
Clear all

Any Experience With Tea Tree Oil

MemberMember
(@charon)

Posted : 12/05/2012 12:58 pm

Hello,

I recently bought tea tree oil as a part of my attempt to use something different than benzoyl peroxide. I dilute it with water and apply once a day (don't to use it during the day, it has very powerful aroma).

My skin has gotten worse recently, and I'm wondering whether that is an expected result. It seems that most of those quiet zits are becoming active and turning into whiteheads. I am not really sure whether any new spots have formed, but I can clearly state that it was better with BP.

Has anyone similar experience? Is this supposed to happen and is part of 'purging' process? Or is it actually becoming worse?

MemberMember
(@johnny199r)

Posted : 12/05/2012 1:10 pm

I've been on BP for about ten years. I just bought tea tree today, as I'm sick of dealing with BP. One thing to remember is that for every new treatment there is usually a purging period (bp included). Give it at least a couple of weeks.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/05/2012 1:30 pm

In addition, anytime you quit BP your skin WILL go haywire for a bit until it re-adjusts. BP is a very harsh chemical and your skin can become dependent on it. This takes time

MemberMember
(@charon)

Posted : 12/05/2012 2:33 pm

I guess that is a suggestion to continue. I just finished reading a log of tea tree user and it seems like she wasn't satisfied at all. All I am afraid of that my acne will actually get worse, now that I have important events of my life ahead. I would really like to stop using BP - because of it's harshness and bleaching everything, and all the bad stuff that is associated with it - and find natural way to deal with acne. However, so far I am not very successful.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/05/2012 2:35 pm

Wait- are you using TTO AND BP at the same time? PS I read that TTO takes longer to work than benzoyl but it has the same effects in the long run. I would use it twice a day and make sure you are moisturizing with a non-comedogenic moisturizer to rebalance PH of skin

MemberMember
(@charon)

Posted : 12/06/2012 6:33 am

No, not at the same time. However, I think that when it comes to critical situation, I will be forced to use BP - I simply don't want to go out breaking out. I have already wasted 3 years being home alone because of my face, and I don't want to do so again. It simply annoys me so much - seeing all those guys with clear faces and then me, with wreck in place where face is supposed to be. I'm actually afraid to meet my girlfriend, god knows what she's thinking about when she's kissing me. Nevermind. The point is, I'd like to know if this 'purging period' is supposed to happen, or if I should stop and return to BP immediately.

Have you used tea tree oil yourself, Ind1g0? Or are you on BP? I can't say that I am dissatisfied with BP, it does it's job well, but all the bleaching and other ramifications, plus it's supposed to be harsh and very 'unnatural' for skin.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:56 pm

Hello,

I recently bought tea tree oil as a part of my attempt to use something different than benzoyl peroxide. I dilute it with water and apply once a day (don't to use it during the day, it has very powerful aroma).

My skin has gotten worse recently, and I'm wondering whether that is an expected result. It seems that most of those quiet zits are becoming active and turning into whiteheads. I am not really sure whether any new spots have formed, but I can clearly state that it was better with BP.

Has anyone similar experience? Is this supposed to happen and is part of 'purging' process? Or is it actually becoming worse?

Any experience with zinc? it cleared me

MemberMember
(@charon)

Posted : 12/10/2012 7:30 am

Ichance23: I used to consume Zinc supplements, but I can't recall any substantial improvements. It's possible that some other factor messed my face up more than Zinc cleared it, I will make sure to have it in my diet. Thanks for suggestion.

MemberMember
(@dcraze87)

Posted : 12/12/2012 7:13 am

you guys should try acne no more that's worked for me. unfortunately i didn't know about the strength of tea tree oil. be really careful. it burned me and now im trying to figure out how to make the burns go away quickly!