Notifications
Clear all

What Happens If You Stop Using Retina Medication?

MemberMember
(@raxar)

Posted : 11/22/2012 2:53 am

My dermatologist prescribed me Differin Gel 0.3% about a year ago and I have been using it ever since with great results. My only question is, my prescription expired August 25th of this year and I am just a few days away from the end of my last tube. What will happen if I stop using it and substitute it with just cleansing my skin with Cetaphil and Aloe Vera?

Also, if I want to keep using it can I just go to my pharmacy and pick it up or will they deny my request since my prescription expired? I can't wait to schedule and appointment because then I'll miss some days without using it.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@williamrickard)

Posted : 11/22/2012 6:45 pm

Go back to the pharm and explain, i'm sure they will understand. Best of luck, W

MemberMember
(@marissa8161)

Posted : 11/22/2012 11:51 pm

Don't go off it if it is AT ALL avoidable. As far as I can tell, we're on these things for life. It won't be immediate, but it will have an effect. A month without the stuff destroyed my skin and I'm still working on getting it back to perfect.

MemberMember
(@raxar)

Posted : 11/23/2012 1:12 am

That's some really bad news. I am going to have at least a week off before I set an appointment and get my prescription renewed again. I don't know what to do..