Notifications
Clear all

Help Needed...please Reply !

MemberMember
(@nufc30)

Posted : 11/18/2012 5:24 pm

I have suffered from acne since i was 17. I got it really thick on my jawlines which was treated well with bp and antibiotics. After finishing these i was free for abit but the acne came back in similar areas also having large spots break out in other areas. I was prescribed tetrycycline and have been taking this for around 20 month but as of this week i am stoping. It did work for a while but doesnt work anymore.

My acne is usually red spots on my jawline. They never have a head just a red lump. I used a face wash in the morning and night but need advice on how to get rid of these stubborn spots. I am aware that i will have the odd break out in other areas but its my jawline and under chin that annoy me. I want some help other than what the doctors can prescribe which only works on a short basis. Maybe its my diet etc. Anyone else have simlar acne ?

Thank you x

MemberMember
(@aballarina)

Posted : 11/18/2012 8:16 pm

Acne on the jaw and chin are usually hormonal reasons. Spironolactone is great for hormonal acne but it may take a whole to work. Also, cut bak on dairy as milk has lots of female estrogen from cows and that has been linked to acne in the past. I would try ortho try cyclone (it's for acne bcp) along with spiro , it's the only thing that got me clear and not oily anymore.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/18/2012 8:53 pm

I have suffered from acne since i was 17. I got it really thick on my jawlines which was treated well with bp and antibiotics. After finishing these i was free for abit but the acne came back in similar areas also having large spots break out in other areas. I was prescribed tetrycycline and have been taking this for around 20 month but as of this week i am stoping. It did work for a while but doesnt work anymore.

My acne is usually red spots on my jawline. They never have a head just a red lump. I used a face wash in the morning and night but need advice on how to get rid of these stubborn spots. I am aware that i will have the odd break out in other areas but its my jawline and under chin that annoy me. I want some help other than what the doctors can prescribe which only works on a short basis. Maybe its my diet etc. Anyone else have simlar acne ?

Thank you x

I would get my acne there as well, cystic acne. Cutting out dairy and cutting back on grains significantly helped me. I also take a birth control to balance my hormones.