Notifications
Clear all

The Lost Years

MemberMember
(@thelostyears)

Posted : 11/13/2012 6:55 pm

Hey All

I am 37 years old and acne has effectively ruined my life beyond recognition. Here is my story in short:

The acne started when I was 13. I had it all over my face, back, scalp. In later years it even travelled down to one

of my arm pits and made the lymph nodes swell. In all I have suffered from serious acne for 17 (!) years. 17 years of

my life lost and destroyed.

I went from one doctor to another and was told the most ridiculius things. I would have to listen to ridicule like:

'See, you need to wash your face better and it will clear up.' or 'Get over yourself, everyone else has acne as

well.'

No one could ever understand the pain I was in, and I don't just mean the psychological pain. I had massive cysts all over

my face, my nose was always twice the size it should have been. Touching it a bit and the puss would run down.

Sometimes my lips were so swollen I couldn't speak properly. The cysts were in my chin and in my cheeks and they were

as hard as stone. I let other people touch them and they were shocked to feel cysts up to 3cm in size. I sometimes

didn't know how to sleep, because my face would hurt so much, yet doctors laughed at me.

More or less, my face was very seriously swollen for 17 years and I had cysts all over. For 17 years I had blood and

puss running down my face daily! Some spots were permanently edged into my face for at least 10 years. They never

healed.

I tried EVERY product and method under the sun, sometimes with extremely serious side effects (every cream, laser,

the pill, anti-bacterial pills, facials, etc, etc, etc.). You name it, I did it. In the end I had two options left:

Ro-accutane or skin grafts.

I begged the doctor to put me Ro-accutane and they were trying everything to prevent me from having it, so as to save money. I succeeded

in the end and entered into a 6 months treatment cycle which cleared everything up. It took forever to get rid of the

cysts, but they have all gone now.

For the first time in 17 years, after all the pain, humiliation, mental torture and a completely ruined life, I could

see my real face. I suddenly was me again. I never knew I had a slim nose. I didn't know I had a very light

complexion. It took a while to get used to the new me.

There is one thing that has also left its mark on my face due to all the acne: I have NO wrinkles. NONE. I am nearly

40 years old and look like going on to 25. This is because I have never been able to smile. My muscles are so weak,

because I have never been able to move my face. People sometimes say 'Why don't you smile' and I tell them that my facial muscles are too weak to get a smile on. I can smile, but I have to do it conciously and it's not easy.

The acne has returend most recently and my (new) doctor has nothing better to do than to ridicule me.

In the last few days I have started using Epsom salts (low dose water solutions) and noticed that my skin is as clear as it can get. I need to keep going with the Epsom salt, as I am not sure if it is really that what makes the difference, but hey. If it isn't, I'll go private and I'll be back on Ro-accutane. I will not have another life sentence of acne.

It's now time for me to rebuild my life and maybe one day find a partner. With my acne, this was never possible.

Last but not least, acne is a symptom, not an actual illness in itself. It's the liver that can't get the toxins out the body, so they end up in the pores of the face. When given high-dose vitamin a, the liver can fix the skin itself. Let's see if sulfur can mend the liver as well.