Notifications
Clear all

Its Come To The Point..

MemberMember
(@hopingtobeacnefree)

Posted : 11/07/2012 1:52 am

Hi, I am a 17 year old girl. I just made an account here out of desperation. I've been dealing with severe acne since I was about 13. My back used to be completely covered in scars, pustules, and cysts. I got rid of most of it within the past 6 months. Whenever I took a shower I would pour diluted sea salt water on my back, use a cleanser, then rub vitamin E oil on it before i went to bed. I was using the diluted sea salt on my face for awhile. The acne on my face is like an insane amount of whiteheads. It looks like its infected. It doesn't feel like there's pimples on my face, it feels like my skin has an extra layer of bacteria that goes deep into my skin.

As I was saying, on my face I would mix sea salt with water, splash it on my face, use a cleanser, then an oil free moisturizer. This was working wonders at first, about half of it went away. I was so happy. But I was out a lot over the summer and didn't keep up with the regimen. My skin became conditioned to it and it stopped working as well. I began using it with the 360 cleanser with salicylic acid, but the combination irritated my face so I chose to stick with just the face wash.

My skin doesn't look too bad with primer and foundation, but you can still see there's a lot and it goes very deep into my skin. It's making me very depressed and eroding my confidence. I have a good personality and a pretty face but it's disfigured by acne. I'm going to be 18 in a few months. I'd like to be able to get a date to prom. And to not be the ugly girl next to all the beautiful ones. One cause may be cigarette smoking, the acne went away a lot whenever I attempted to quit before. But that didn't last long. Its very hard to quit, especially because my acne gives me a lot of anxiety. I'm thinking about trying to quit again. But I know it's not going to be easy because school, life, and anxiety keep me very stressed.

If there's anything you can think of to help me, or have any stories of products that have helped you please share with me. I just want to finally live my life and be happy. I feel like I haven't been able to since I was a small child.

Would it be helpful if I posted pictures?

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 11/07/2012 2:55 am

I think it would help if you posted some pictures, that way we can get a better idea of what kind of acne you have and hopefully people can give you the best advice possible on how to treat it.

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/07/2012 6:51 am

Try to think about that success you had when you were keeping up with your regimen. You will have that again, so don't let this ruin your confidence! You will overcome this and have so much knowledge about your body and your skin that you never would have had before.

I think you should look at Dan's Regimen. Even if you don't use his products, use his method of cleaning your face... IT WORKS! DO NOT scrub, DO NOT pick, DO NOT wash more than 2x a day... etc.

Also take a look at the diet section of the website. A lot of people's acne is caused by poor digestive health, maybe that's you? There's really nothing to loose, you'll just be eating healthier and taking better care of yourself, and if your acne goes away then that's just a great bonus!

Pictures would be super helpful though ;)

And most important: NO MATTER WHAT - don't forget to love you for YOU! You're beautiful, acne or not, and you can beat this.

Best regards~!