Notifications
Clear all

Bp, Ziana, And Vitamin D - Curing Acne But Causing Peeling/discoloration.

MemberMember
(@spuds)

Posted : 11/06/2012 6:38 pm

Hello all,

Over the past few months I have been using Proactiv along with Vitamin D, and I have seen remarkable improvements in my acne; however, it has caused me to experience excessive peeling which has caused obvious redness in many areas.

To combat this problem I have begun using a BP face wash which does not have any abbrasive components in hope that this will allow the peeled areas to grow back, while continuing to use the Proactiv lotion and toner, as well as a water based moisturizer.

I must say that my current situation is far better than the acne I previously experienced, but it seems that despite the change my skin is failing to grow back. I think it is also worth mentioning that I use Ziana approximately twice a day which has also reduced my acne, and I use Bio Oil in an attempt to reduce the obvious redness in these areas.

Almost immediately after washing my face, my skin will become very dry if I fail to apply moisturizer, and I yearn for a day which I can simply splash water on my face and not have any excessive dryness.

I am simply wondering if there are any methods to speed up or enhance the healing of the areas which have experienced excessive peeling, and how best I can tackle this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks all.

MemberMember
(@itsnoteasybeinggreen)

Posted : 11/09/2012 3:07 pm

I think you are using too much, too many products. The ziana with Proactiv and a BP face wash and bio oil is way to much drying of the skin.

I personally use the 3 step Proactiv once a day at night, I put Neutrogena moisturizer for combination skin on about an hour after I use the Proactiv. In the morning I wash my face with water only and again apply the moisturizer about an hour later. For the first month my face was red and dry but now my skin is 100% clear and the redness is gone, unless I spend the day in the sun without SPF on.

If I were you I would try cutting back on some of those products. Overly dry skin can cause acne just as much as oily skin. And if you decide to stick with the Proactiv the cleanser really isn't that harsh on the skin if you lightly put it on, in fact it helps clear away the dead skin, you just have to be really light and careful. If it doesn't take you at least 15 to 20 minutes to apply all three steps of Proactiv then your doing it wrong. That's why I only use it at night so I can take my time. And besides when I tried to use it twice a day my face was red and peeled. Once a day and my skin is acne free.

MemberMember
(@spuds)

Posted : 11/09/2012 8:47 pm

Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, it is pretty excessive, and as of now I am reducing my usage of Proactiv and Ziana to once a day in hope that my skin will rehydrate, and my acne will not flare up.

I'm happy to hear that you have had success by using Proactiv once daily, hopefully that will be sufficient to keep my acne at bay as well. I am all for dealing with a month of dry skin if it means being 100% clear in the long run.

Again, thank you.

Your response has been very helpful in understanding how much is enough to remain clear.

- If anyone has any further tips they have had success with, I am all ears : )