Notifications
Clear all

Will Do Anything For A Working Solution!

MemberMember
(@billjobs)

Posted : 10/15/2012 11:25 am

Hi there!

24yo M suffering from acne since gr. 10 (possibly the worst disease ever)

I don't get acne anywhere except my chin and lower cheeks (near jawline).. sometimes around my mouth as well. My forehead has always been pristine clear and perfect skin.

I have the bad habit of sleeping on my face - could this be the issue? I've tried sleeping on my back but that doesn't seem to work well for me.. I heard there was an anti-bacterial pillow case, should I purchase that?

The type of acne I get is unique. I feel the location where the acne will appear about 2-3 days in advance.. during this time there is nothing visible but it hurts like hell! After 2-3 days a massive red cyst with no head appears (still hurts like hell!) Finally after anywhere from 1-7 days a head appears and I can finally drain it (and it no longer hurts).

This type of acne SUCKS because the cysts are so massive, painful and visible. I never get the small little pimples I wish I'd get instead.

Any ideas? (I spent over $30000 on solutions over the years - that's why I'm assuming it has to be something unique, such as irritation from pillow)

Also, is this type of acne possibly hormonal based? I started taking 200-300mg of Saw Palmetto per day but haven't seen any results yet (started about 1 week ago).

THANKS!

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/15/2012 11:40 am

I hope you weren't being serious about that $30,000.. if you were, at least it's a well rounded number ;) Your description sounds like what I had about 5 years ago. Now this is just my opinion, but I'd be hard pressed to believe your pillow is causing these deep cysts. Is it possible? Sure, but I am much more inclined to agree with your second theory: hormonial-anilamonial-mones.. IMO it's going to take swallowing down something to get this under control.

But could you be specific on these solutions you speak of? Cause I'm shooting blind here on advice (not that I could help, but I might be able).

MemberMember
(@billjobs)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:19 pm

I hope you weren't being serious about that $30,000.. if you were, at least it's a well rounded number wink.png Your description sounds like what I had about 5 years ago. Now this is just my opinion, but I'd be hard pressed to believe your pillow is causing these deep cysts. Is it possible? Sure, but I am much more inclined to agree with your second theory: hormonial-anilamonial-mones.. IMO it's going to take swallowing down something to get this under control.

But could you be specific on these solutions you speak of? Cause I'm shooting blind here on advice (not that I could help, but I might be able).

Hi and thanks for responding.

Sad, but I have spent probably around that much - though it might be a bit less, it's around that amount. Most of the costs are general health things as opposed to just acne solutions (ex: vitamins, pro-biotics, etc) and laser treatments - which are a complete waste of money.

Solutions include:

tea tree oil, ionized silver, benzol peroxide, salysilic acid, topical antibiotics, oral antiboitics, carotenosis, Skin ISOLAZ laser treatment, Blu-U photodynamic therapy, SKIN Sublative, and lots more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Recently (the past 1-2 years) I haven't explored many solutions other than changing diets, going through candida cleanse, colon cleanse, and other 'natural' diets (vegetarian, no coffee/alcohol, no dairy) etc. All of which didn't prove anything yet :(

I haven't ever tried accutane or hormonal solutions (other than the saw palmetto I started taking a week ago).

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:38 pm

Have you ever done any considerable amount of experimentation with B vitamins? Particularly B-5?

But yes Accutane is normally the route ppl take when nothing else works. It helped me that's for sure.

It sounds like you've def done your share of trial and error... what has your dermatologist suggested?

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:49 pm

Since you've said you'll do anything, try giving up orgasms for three weeks. It works for me.

MemberMember
(@billjobs)

Posted : 10/15/2012 12:58 pm

Have you ever done any considerable amount of experimentation with B vitamins? Particularly B-5?

But yes Accutane is normally the route ppl take when nothing else works. It helped me that's for sure.

It sounds like you've def done your share of trial and error... what has your dermatologist suggested?

My derm most recently suggested accutane... I suppose I can try this, but if it's hormonal would it really help? I also tried overdosing on caretenoids, which should have the same result as accutane and this didn't help (though it gave me a nice looking tan :D)

Since you've said you'll do anything, try giving up orgasms for three weeks. It works for me.

I heard taking 1000mg + of Saw Palmetto will more or less eliminate your libido while balancing hormone levels. I might try upping my dose to this amount before trying accutane to see if it provides any results.

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 10/15/2012 1:26 pm

I heard taking 1000mg + of Saw Palmetto will more or less eliminate your libido while balancing hormone levels. I might try upping my dose to this amount before trying accutane to see if it provides any results.

Yes Saw Palmetto is something I have been curious about, but I am going to wait until I hear back from others who are experimenting with it. Please keep us informed with your own results.

In the mean time you should consider stopping now, unless you feel you don't have enough self control.

MemberMember
(@betterness24)

Posted : 10/15/2012 1:30 pm

Yes Saw Palmetto is something I have been curious about, but I am going to wait until I hear back from others who are experimenting with it. Please keep us informed with your own results.

In the mean time you should consider stopping now, unless you feel you don't have enough self control.

I stopped for about 2 weeks.. and I didn't have any acne flareups within that time. There might be more to this then we realize?? eusa_think.gif

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 10/15/2012 1:44 pm

I stopped for about 2 weeks.. and I didn't have any acne flareups within that time. There might be more to this then we realize?? eusa_think.gif

Some males breakout after orgasm. It's certainly not everyone's main trigger, but it appears to affect a subset of the population, including myself.

The science behind has not been proven, but in the end, the science doesn't matter. As long as it is verifiable and repeatable on an individual level , it is a useful tactic for those who want real-world results.

MemberMember
(@billjobs)

Posted : 10/15/2012 2:04 pm

I will post my results. I'll up my dosage to 1000mg/day and see how it goes and attempt to refrain from any orgasms.. or maybe just reduce the amount... I hope my gf will understand :S ....

I really hope the saw palmetto helps with the whole libido thing....

Thanks for everyone's input.. I'll report back in about a week!

MemberMember
(@tritonxiv)

Posted : 10/15/2012 2:31 pm

I will post my results. I'll up my dosage to 1000mg/day and see how it goes and attempt to refrain from any orgasms.. or maybe just reduce the amount... I hope my gf will understand :S ....

I really hope the saw palmetto helps with the whole libido thing....

Thanks for everyone's input.. I'll report back in about a week!

It dosen't have to stop you from enjoying your partner. Look up some books on the Karezza Method.

MemberMember
(@fitandfresh)

Posted : 10/15/2012 4:30 pm

Hi BillJobs,

I'm also a 24 y.o. male and had acne in the same place you did. I also tried saw palmetto.

I always slept on my side too but finally I adjusted to my back (after about 2 full weeks of trying). I also wash my pillowcase every other day. This has eliminated the acne from my cheeks and jawline so I actually do think that was the issue. I still have the occasional pimple around the mouth area but I suspect that's from something hormonal. I tried saw palmetto for this and actually saw an improvement on 320 mg a day. This made my libido take a huge hit though and my significant other was not thrilled about this so I stopped. I was literally never in the mood...) Hope this helped and good luck!

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 10/18/2012 2:50 am

If saw palmetto is not an option try stinging nettle root tea and pumpkin seed oil. Should help.

MemberMember
(@billjobs)

Posted : 10/22/2012 12:15 pm

OK I've tried using saw palmetto but I also changed my diet (in desperation).. so I can't tell if it's the sole reason why, but my acne seems to have subsided.

I get the occasional small whitehead around the bottom of my nose (or sometimes in my nose) - I've always had this.. I don't really care that much (they're not noticeable and easy to get rid of) but is it linked to breath? (If I have a stuffy nose and can only breathe out of one nostril, I'll get a small whitehead in or close to that nostril, where my breath goes).

Anyways, the random cysts seemed to have disappeared.. I know I'm jinxing myself but I've been taking 1000mg of Saw Palmetto / day, eating 2-3 cloves of garlic a day and eating a bit of lemon per day. I've also been on a low gluten diet.

I'm thinking I'll try some primrose oil.. it's inexpensive, and according to other users, effective... even for males.

EDIT: Oh, and I resisted sex for 3 days.. but we couldn't take it anymore and threw that part of the plan out.