Notifications
Clear all

Hi Guys - New To This Form And Struggling With Hormonal Acne (Female!)

MemberMember
(@spongecake)

Posted : 10/13/2012 3:55 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm 23 years old and have suffered with acne on and off since I was 18.

I started taking Yasmin birth control when I was 21 and it cleared my skin up completley. I was acne free for two whole years. My skin was smooth, clear with not even one blackhead or clogged pore.

I came off this birth control in March of this year because it was giving me some problems with my moods, depression and doctor warned me of possible DVT.

After a few months of being off I still had my clear skin and thought I had grown out of my acne or something. Anyway I spoke too soon and last month the skin erupted again, pretty much over night.

The acne is mainly on my chin and jawline, some on my cheeks but a relatively clear forehead.

I know it is hormonal because of the way it went entirely while being on birth control...

Is there anything I can do? Any tips?

I take vitamin d, zinc and evening primrose oil everyday.

Does soy help hormonal acne at all? I've heard about milk thistle too

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/13/2012 6:52 pm

Soy is probably the worst thing for acne. I don't know about hormonal acne in women but I would just stay away.

I took all those vitamins and stuff too but eh I felt it isn't the same as the real thing. Try to get a lot of vitamin c in your diet too. :P

Talk to a dermatologist about getting on spironolactone. Everyone on here raves about how awesome it is (and cheap I've heard) for hormonal acne. :)

MemberMember
(@spongecake)

Posted : 10/15/2012 9:41 am

Soy is probably the worst thing for acne. I don't know about hormonal acne in women but I would just stay away.

I took all those vitamins and stuff too but eh I felt it isn't the same as the real thing. Try to get a lot of vitamin c in your diet too. tongue.png

Talk to a dermatologist about getting on spironolactone. Everyone on here raves about how awesome it is (and cheap I've heard) for hormonal acne. smile.png

Are there any other remedies for hormonal acne?

MemberMember
(@clambak3)

Posted : 10/17/2012 4:13 pm

Just heard of Saw Palmetto but it weirds me out cuz it's meant for men. Soooo idk. :\ I would just ask a dermatologist honestly.