Notifications
Clear all

Completely At A Loss.

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 09/08/2012 4:21 pm

Try stopping all those supplements, try candex/charcoal supplements, drink a green juice daily, and stick to a strict diet for 1 month and I bet you anything your skin will clear very nicely.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/08/2012 5:03 pm

I believe that the probiotic supplement that I've been taking every night may be the culprit. I've read a couple of others saying the Bifidobacteria strain breaks them out.

I'm using this: http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Primadophilus-Potency-capsules/dp/B007O7IE6Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347141629&sr=8-1&keywords=optima+100+billion

On a side note..I paid over $55 for this at my local healthfood store. I could have bought it cheaper on Amazon but it wouldn't have been refrigerated.

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 09/08/2012 5:07 pm

Do you have any other symptoms? Such as Joint pain, Fatigue, Insomnia, Low libido, Muscular pain, dry lips, dry mouth/white tongue when waking up in the morning, food intolerance?

@tuffluck, What do you put into your green juice? I have a mixer here which is doing nothing, I could be a very good breakfast since I like taking a not heavy breakfast.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/08/2012 5:11 pm

Low libido from the saw palmetto. And waking up 1 or 2 times during the night from dry mouth and then taking a drink of water, and dry mouth when waking up.

The reason I breathe through my mouth when sleeping is that my sinuses are always a little bit clogged up, and it's difficult to breathe through the nose.

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 09/08/2012 5:25 pm

Well, you might be in the candida club as me, If you have heard the ''the cure'' thread it might me a very good idea to try Candex/charcoal pills and follow the diet for a month, if it works then go for a full cleanse/detox treatment (a nutritionist could help)

According to the internet, Candex is a good quick fix with no die-off for most of people but symptom come again when you stop using it.

I'm going to the Natural Food store tomorrow to see if they have it and I'm going to try as well, it might be the cure I had looking for years.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 09/08/2012 7:03 pm

Low libido from the saw palmetto. And waking up 1 or 2 times during the night from dry mouth and then taking a drink of water, and dry mouth when waking up.

The reason I breathe through my mouth when sleeping is that my sinuses are always a little bit clogged up, and it's difficult to breathe through the nose.

I believe one of the things that Dr. Redmond (a big hormone doctor in NY) has said before is that what feels like "low libido" to you is actually ideal male libido. Excess androgens can make you a horndog.

Besides, who wants to get it on with you when you're covered in pus? Just saying ;)

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 09/08/2012 8:45 pm

I believe one of the things that Dr. Redmond (a big hormone doctor in NY) has said before is that what feels like "low libido" to you is actually ideal male libido. Excess androgens can make you a horndog.

Besides, who wants to get it on with you when you're covered in pus? Just saying wink.png

That's strange because what you just said has been running through my thought process lately. I really have no basis of what "normal" libido actually is. So I think you are right. The saw palmetto doesn't affect performance or anything like that, it just makes me not desire sex every 5 minutes. :)

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 10/03/2012 2:38 am

Yep, oral antibiotics definitely caused this. Same shit happened to me, but on my shoulders/back. We are hopeless sir, (maybe accutane is the answer). Who knows.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/05/2012 9:54 am

Okay, my advice is to stop spending money on products and stop trying to self-diagnose...you need to see a dermatologist. No one is going diagnose your skin problem over the internet. When you don't know what the health issue is, it is ALWAYS best to see a doctor rather than attempting to fix things yourself. It will save you money and trouble in the long run. If you have these whiteheads all over your face, it's very likely acne - however I am not a doctor. It could well be a fungal infection or folliculitis.

There is no real evidence that supplements/minerals fix acne...my advice is to stop wasting your financial resources on them.

MemberMember
(@excelicious)

Posted : 10/05/2012 10:04 am

Okay, my advice is to stop spending money on products and stop trying to self-diagnose...you need to see a dermatologist. No one is going diagnose your skin problem over the internet. When you don't know what the health issue is, it is ALWAYS best to see a doctor rather than attempting to fix things yourself. It will save you money and trouble in the long run. If you have these whiteheads all over your face, it's very likely acne - however I am not a doctor. It could well be a fungal infection or folliculitis.

There is no real evidence that supplements/minerals fix acne...my advice is to stop wasting your financial resources on them.

I went to the derm and she gave me topicals after topicals after topicals. All of them made my skin worst..... I think going to the derm is a waste of time, money and energy.

I aggree that you should fix acne internally but taking different supplements can have negative effects. Some of them may cancel each other out and might destroy you internally. For example: Tea is good, but in asia we only use them to cure illnesses, diseases and headaches. They are never meant for everyday use. My nana used to say "too much of a good thing is a bad thing".

You should definitely stop all the supplements and just eat veggies, fruits and whole grains include meat and fish once in a while. It definitely helps wish you luck :)

MemberMember
(@green-tea-2)

Posted : 10/05/2012 5:46 pm

I had something similar just not so severe on my chin in the same spots when I overused BP or used to much soda to exfoliate. It left my skin reddened, dry and a bit flaky and small whiteheads were popping every couple days. I stopped doing almost anything to it and it has improved significantly. Don't know if this is what you have, just my 2 cents.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/06/2012 9:10 am

I went to the derm and she gave me topicals after topicals after topicals. All of them made my skin worst..... I think going to the derm is a waste of time, money and energy.

I aggree that you should fix acne internally but taking different supplements can have negative effects. Some of them may cancel each other out and might destroy you internally. For example: Tea is good, but in asia we only use them to cure illnesses, diseases and headaches. They are never meant for everyday use. My nana used to say "too much of a good thing is a bad thing".

You should definitely stop all the supplements and just eat veggies, fruits and whole grains include meat and fish once in a while. It definitely helps wish you luck smile.png

Not all doctors are good, sometimes it takes seeing a few dermatologist before you find a competent one. Not all of them hand you out a prescription for something after you've been in their office for just 2 minutes, a good dermatologist will take the time to examine your skin and decide on the treatment. The first medicine you are given doesn't always work, everyone is different as to how they respond to medicines, and yes, it might even take years before you find the right treatment [unless your acne clears up in the meantime by itself]

The problem I see with crashoran's case is that he doesn't know what condition he exactly has - until you identify it, you can't treat it. You're just stabbing in the dark, trying to fix something when you don't even know what it is, it's not a good idea...That's why he needs to see a doctor.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/06/2012 12:49 pm

You should definitely stop all the supplements and just eat veggies, fruits and whole grains include meat and fish once in a while. It definitely helps wish you luck smile.png

Not all doctors are good, sometimes it takes seeing a few dermatologist before you find a competent one. Not all of them hand you out a prescription for something after you've been in their office for just 2 minutes, a good dermatologist will take the time to examine your skin and decide on the treatment. The first medicine you are given doesn't always work, everyone is different as to how they respond to medicines, and yes, it might even take years before you find the right treatment [unless your acne clears up in the meantime by itself]

The problem I see with crashoran's case is that he doesn't know what condition he exactly has - until you identify it, you can't treat it. You're just stabbing in the dark, trying to fix something when you don't even know what it is, it's not a good idea...That's why he needs to see a doctor.

Uhhh...I've been to over 20 dermatologists...EVERY single one gave me more creams, more antibiotics, or pushed me to go on Accutane. None of them explained the hormonal causes for acne or appropriate hormonal treatment plans. I got on the treatment that worked for me by self-diagnosing, calling up a new dermatologist and saying "I want this treatment. If I can come in will you support me in this treatment for acne." NONE of my dermatologists recommended the medication that cleared up my acne 100%. Dermatologists were a complete waste of money. Not a single one even tried to do a skin scraping or any sorts of hormone tests for my acne. They just threw more retinoids and antibiotics at me (I've been on 10+ different types of antibiotics).

Faith in current dermatology is highly misplaced. There are many reputable doctors in other fields, but dermatology is lagging far behind.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/07/2012 9:22 am

Uhhh...I've been to over 20 dermatologists...EVERY single one gave me more creams, more antibiotics, or pushed me to go on Accutane. None of them explained the hormonal causes for acne or appropriate hormonal treatment plans. I got on the treatment that worked for me by self-diagnosing, calling up a new dermatologist and saying "I want this treatment. If I can come in will you support me in this treatment for acne." NONE of my dermatologists recommended the medication that cleared up my acne 100%. Dermatologists were a complete waste of money. Not a single one even tried to do a skin scraping or any sorts of hormone tests for my acne. They just threw more retinoids and antibiotics at me (I've been on 10+ different types of antibiotics).

Faith in current dermatology is highly misplaced. There are many reputable doctors in other fields, but dermatology is lagging far behind.

That's your opinion. As I said, there are a lot of crap doctors out there. Not sure what country you are from, but that can also affect what kind of treatment a doctor will recommend. Obviously in the US, doctors are going to be pill-pushing medicines that don't necessarily fix the root cause of the problem, because of how the healthcare system works and because of the pharmaceutical companies that pay them off.

However, there are good dermatologists too, and I personally liked all the dermatologists I've seen - they were more than happy to listen to my suggestions. I don't see one currently, just because I don't need it, but if I did need to see one again, I would have no qualms about it.

MemberMember
(@grubby456)

Posted : 10/07/2012 10:56 am

Have you ever tried Duac? I had very average results with plain BP, now I'm using Duac before bed and 100mg Minocycline on Morning (for 2 months, then I'll slowly decrease).

Right now I'm healing like Jesus I don't know what the hell is this but even when I was on plain BP and following the strictest diet ever I never healed that fast.

Inflammation is still there, but a least there is no pimple and no pus, having popped anything since a week. I don't plan using Mino for a long time but I plan using Duac before bed as maintenance.