Notifications
Clear all

Accutane And Liver

MemberMember
(@james9)

Posted : 08/26/2012 1:26 am

Has anybody ever had to stop taking accutane because of high liver enzymes? Please tell me your story. That's what i might be going through right now :/

MemberMember
(@kayphas14)

Posted : 01/19/2013 6:51 pm

I haven't had to stop yet, but I'm terrified that I'm going to have to. After being on 40mg/day for 1 month, my liver enzymes were up to 65. They told me they were supposed to be 40 or lower, so they halved my dosage for the 2nd month and I am waiting for the results of the next blood test. Did you do anything that would have messed up your liver? I can't figure mine out. I didn't drink, use any other medications, nothing. I can't really find many other people that have had this experience. Let me know if you find any! (my log is "Don't let me down liver!") Good luck with your meds!

MemberMember
(@itisomair)

Posted : 02/23/2019 2:03 am

I know this is old, but I still want to say out something. My liver enzymes came around 200 (skyrocket). My doctor freaked out. But I was perfectly fine because I knew there wasn't anything wrong with my body.

I still believe that my liver enzymes were high due to heavy weight lifting. Once I stopped that, they went back to normal within a month.

Just my two cents.