Notifications
Clear all

Hydrating Very Clog Prone Dry Skin.

MemberMember
(@marmalade15)

Posted : 02/03/2013 5:54 pm

Back to the basics.

Cleanse- - Billy Jealousy White Knight

This cleanses without stripping your skin. I use it and most of the time don't need to moisturize. It also contains a crazy amount of wonderful ingredients. Papaya (natural exfoliant), willow bark (naturally occuring salicylic acid, which exfoliates), witch hazel, lavender (anti-inflammatory, wonderful for acne), cucumber (calming)

Tone- use a mixture of diluted apple cider vinegar, 1 part vinegar to 8 parts water.

You can just never go wrong with this stuff.

Treat- Mario Badescu Glycolic Gel

Glycolic acid is a natural chemical exfoliant. Some skin just isnt capable of exfoliating properly on its own. This is why we have those ridiculously stubborn blackheads that just never ever ever go away.

You can get a glycolic peel done professionally, but they use very high concentrations of the acid that could potentially irritate and burn your skin more than anything else. Since what youre looking for is nothing with those types of potential side effects, I suggest using something like this gel. Its made for at-home use, it has a much lower concentration of acid. So it won't freak your skin out. It may take a little longer to see results because of the lower concentration, so youll have to be a little patient with it.

Moisturize- Watts Beauty 100% Pure Hyaluronic Acid Solution

Hyaluronic acid is naturally occuring in our bodies, it acts as a lubricant between our joints. 50% of the hyaluronic acid that our bodies contain is in our skin. This acid can hold more than 1000 ml of water per gram of hyaluronic acid. Basically, it is incredibly moisturizing! And with a 100% solution, you know youre not getting any 'extras' that could possibly break you out.

I know the word 'acid' is scary, especially when it is concerning your skin. I first started using the cleanser because i didnt want to use anymore salycilic acid or anything harsh like that on my skin. But after a month or so, I had this HORRIBLE problem with blackheads that i had never had before in my life. They were just everywhere, I didnt know what to do about it or why it was happening. So i looked it up, and found that blackheads are a result of poor exfoliation. And then looked up what the best exfoliator would be, which lead me to glycolic acid. And then I wondered if I could find a moisturizer that wasnt some goopy concoction.

You just have to remember to work with your skin instead of against it. It is trying its best and just needs some help. It doesnt need to be attacked.

Ive done a lot of research on these products, I use these products myself with amazing results, but I encourage you to also do your own research. Mainly because it will get you so super excited to start using the stuff! smile.png (especially the before/after pictures of glycolic acid use! its like whoaaaaa)

I know its been a while since you posted this thread, but I swear by this stuff and I really think its what youre looking for. I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@antiaging3)

Posted : 03/16/2013 2:44 pm

like you describe my skin type.yes something is always kept lack but I make my choices then.for example I am older than 30 so I chose first not to be so dry ,only thing helped me is to notice even water dries me.so I begin to cleanse with water just in night because of an expert.in mornings I never wash.I found lotion cleansers suits with my skin so I found one to try.because even bioderma h2 water cleanser dried me even more than lancome comfort foam cleanser as it is surprising.but comfort foam dries less but in the end dries I warn.but sometimes I use.cause I am not sure but think it cleanses.pores?I cant know.so Ibegin to use estee lauder verite lotion cleanser.let me tell if it is used without rinsing with waster it doesnt dry me but when I use it in nights I wash my face after so yes my skin is so less than others I mentioned here but still dries in avarage.but it might be prevented by using additional moisturizing I guess I wil try.for me my pores even on cheeks are so clogged.I just dont like but dont care so much too yes it might cause sagginbg I know but if it is avarage I cant give up on antiaging products because of it.time will show I am right or not but when it comes to moisturizing everybody advices stuff light for our skin but me noo because like u I know they never give the right moisture we need.skinceuticals hydra 5 is good smoothing but not enough so I use it sometimes just to add moisture before my real moisturizers if u know it may help dehydration that I have much.also if you have dehydration when u measure it by chemist etc you can add water based moisturizers to your regimen if it wont be much.or alone.but me must add moisture so I combine many products.neostrata glycolic cream 8 made my sensitive skin more sensitize but not as much as I can hanle.so I use it.because it just slim my skin and good for supple skin.it makes soft.and told that moisturizers too.I use it at nights mostly.also want to tell that it helped my hyperpigmentation caused by inflame I suppose.for moisture in day you can combine an oil free or water based moisturizer (moisture surge,clarins hydra quench etc..) with a barrier cream(but an unclogging one you try and find me looking for a barrier cream which does not contain mineral oil or petrolateum).I will try priori barrier(has lactic acid,ceramide,cholestorol,fatty acids but because of lactic acid and whatever u use u should use a good sunscreen after).also lotion moisturizers may be combined or used with these like estee day wear lotion version moisturizer.or if it is not uncloggig so much elizabeth arden ceramide day plump.aqualia thermal vichy was light but didnt make me greasy.also heart clarins blue orchid oil if you have dehydrated skin.yes santal is for dry skin but may be too much for us I guess.but most of all I just can say cleansing style changes drieness when glycolic changes hyperpigmentation.so both of them is what I can advice if your skin can bare them like me.but u can just try.never give up.because I understand my skin is nearly the same every time something contradicts with the other but please at least you are young and not in need of antiaging.me it is worse belive.change your cleansing style just try never think something will be perfect because for me always sacrifice one of them in a way.add moisture but prefer good brans which are famous for their moisture ability and choose a lotion moisture then may use a water based or barrier if you need especially in winter.will keep on your topic.thanks for opening

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 04/04/2013 1:44 am

I'm going to recommend a couple of things.

I wouldn't use neutrogena 3 in 1 this gave me dry congested skin. (along with too many antibiotics, have you been on antibiotics before this started?)

Do not exfoliate or do any microdermabrasion!!

Get a super gentle cleanser, spectro jel,and as odd as it sounds, the golden hand soap (soft soap)

Start washing with distilled or double distilled water (boil some in a pot and pour into a larger bowl and and room temperature distilled water till its only slightly warm)

Gently brush flakes off your skin with towel...GENTLY.

Use this moisturizer http://www.skin-and-scalp-treatment.com/dry-skin.html, I have been having pretty good luck with this, And I have the same problem, very dry congested skin that doesn't heal.

Also if you have large pores that you can gently squeeze and have puss come out (even tho there's no pimple) I would recommend toning with dickinsons pore perfecting witch hazel (yellow bottle) a couple times a week after washing, and before moisturizing. This contains only 3 ingredients, and although one is alcohol (14% natural grain alcohol) it contains natural, non chemically altered/constructed salicylic acid. Much better clearing pores than any other salicylic acid in chemical lotions.

Alternativley, you could be a guinea pig (for the sake of the rest of us) and try http://www.probioticaction.com

...because you said you don't do well with moisturizers, and I think your not suppose to use them with this, as it adds spore forming bacteria found on healthy acneless people's skin to balance bacterial composition and eat dead skin cells before P Acnes gets a chance to eat them.

I'm going to recommend a couple of things.

I wouldn't use neutrogena 3 in 1 this gave me dry congested skin. (along with too many antibiotics, have you been on antibiotics before this started?)

Do not exfoliate or do any microdermabrasion!!

Get a super gentle cleanser, spectro jel,and as odd as it sounds, the golden hand soap (soft soap)

Start washing with distilled or double distilled water (boil some in a pot and pour into a larger bowl and and room temperature distilled water till its only slightly warm)

Gently brush flakes off your skin with towel...GENTLY.

Use this moisturizer http://www.skin-and-scalp-treatment.com/dry-skin.html, I have been having pretty good luck with this, And I have the same problem, very dry congested skin that doesn't heal.

Also if you have large pores that you can gently squeeze and have puss come out (even tho there's no pimple) I would recommend toning with dickinsons pore perfecting witch hazel (yellow bottle) a couple times a week after washing, and before moisturizing. This contains only 3 ingredients, and although one is alcohol (14% natural grain alcohol) it contains natural, non chemically altered/constructed salicylic acid. Much better clearing pores than any other salicylic acid in chemical lotions.

Alternativley, you could be a guinea pig (for the sake of the rest of us) and try http://www.probioticaction.com

...because you said you don't do well with moisturizers, and I think your not suppose to use them with this, as it adds spore forming bacteria found on healthy acneless people's skin to balance bacterial composition and eat dead skin cells before P Acnes gets a chance to eat them.