Notifications
Clear all

Cystic Acne On Neck And Jawline

MemberMember
(@tuffluck)

Posted : 06/06/2012 12:02 am

I have cystic acne on my neck and jawline and I was wondering if anyone on here has a good regime or any recommendations on how to clear it up? They always tend to leave hyperpigmentation or scaring and its really getting to me.

I just started clindamycin today and I hope that it will help. I also use Murad skin cleanser. My face doesn't break out much, maybe 4 or 5 active postules that go away in due time so it doesn't bother me as much.

Anyhow.. i'll keep it short b/c im really tired atm and wanting to sleep. Anyone on here that has gone through this? :(

MemberMember
(@river333)

Posted : 06/10/2012 2:23 pm

I've often read that cysts on the neck and jaw usually have to do with hormone imbalances. I dunno if you're female, but women often get pimples in these areas around PMS time. I get them too, and they take forever to go away and leave terrible scars. I've tried dietary changes to improve my hormone balance and overall health, and it has helped reduce the number of cysts I get there, but not completely.

The big thing in this case is getting off dairy. It's known to throw our hormones out of whack, which esp. affects jawline acne. I noticed a huge difference in the number of jawline cysts I got after getting off dairy.

I'd also recommend green smoothies, they're chock full of nutrients that improve all the systems in our bodies, including hormonal balance. All our systems are interconnected, so it's important to take a holistic approach. For me, starting with green smoothies led me towards a healthier lifestyle overall. I wish I could say I'm cured of acne, but life is rarely that cut-and-dry. It's still a struggle, but overall there's an improvement.

Stress is also another factor that affects hormone balance and has been linked to jawline acne. This is my final frontier - exercise and stress-relief/meditation. It's easier for me to change diet than do these things, but everyone keeps emphasizing how important they are in improving acne and I believe them. Anyway, hope these tips help. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@nick93)

Posted : 06/10/2012 3:31 pm

Drinking aloe vera juice helped a lot for the cysts on my neck, cheeks, and jaw. It didn't solve the problem, but it was definitely a huge improvement. You can buy jugs of it in the pharmacy section at walmart. I drink around 300ml a day. 150ml in the morning and 150ml at night.

MemberMember
(@arqa22)

Posted : 06/11/2012 12:21 am

i guess saw plametto didnt help much lol....

go on a safe diet wich is:meat\fish+fruits\vegetables for 2 weeks and see if that helps.

here is another rare trigger, fluoride: http://www.celluliteinvestigation.com/fluoride-acne

but i dont think its the case with you

MemberMember
(@ep7708)

Posted : 06/11/2012 11:59 am

Two other tips I've heard of are avoiding excessive Iodine and high glycemic load foods. I'm not sure why the Iodine and don't cut back too much because low Iodine causes thyroid problems, but the high glycemic load foods cause an increase in insulin which causes a spike in acne-causing hormones.

MemberMember
(@dbailey012)

Posted : 05/03/2013 2:07 pm

I feel your pain man I have the same thing. I've been dealing with this almost a year now. I've seen 5 different dermatologist in my city and haven't gotten anywhere. I've tried antibiotics, Accutane, topical stuff, all with no success. One even suggested that I get laser hair removal on my whole cheek/chin/neck area to remove all fair follicles to ensure no cysts could form. I currently have a big old beard to help cover the many scars that the cysts have created and also to cover any "active" ones I have. I want to shave so bad but I feel like I can't until I know these cysts stop and even then my 5 oclock shadow will look like a leopard. The one thing that is interesting is the location of these cysts. If they pop up they follow along an almost exact mirroring line along my jaw, stopping at my chin, and down my neck on both sides of my throat. Never any of my cheeks, middle of my chin, or side of my neck. This makes me think that it is definitely some sort of immune/hormone/nerve problem.